BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, OJRovers said:

In a normal world, JRC and maybe even Butterworth would be worthy of a first team chance on form for the U23s.

But we know Mowbray doesn't work like that.

The frustration is that he's so inconsistent. 

Last season Brereton was so bad in every game he played (including U23s I seem to remember) yet he gets chances in the first team. Why Chapman isn't treated the same I don't know, because at least he's shown some promise in the appearances he made in League One.

Chapman didn't cost £7 million.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

If TM is still there then how much are we imagining the transfer kitty will be in January? 

Nowt but i think the best thing anyway would just be enough for a couple of good loans given how he's been spending it recently. A couple of good loans with stipulations attached mind. Experienced in one position, fit, match ready and with the intention of being played, preferably a centre half and target man. Depending on how things are shaping up.

Never happen though it would be squaddies at best and at least one multi positional and the other a midfielder, one way over 30 and the other a kid. 

Most likely verdict = 'I'll keep faith in what i have iv'e been doing this a long time and won't spend the owners money for the sake of it'

Make of that what you will there's many permutations.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, frosty said:

I haven't, and I appreciate others have, but I just think Armstrong is a waste of a shirt almost every week and I don't think there's anything to lose by giving Chapman a few chances. 

I would say Rankin Costello and even Butterworth deserve their chance more. 

I would start Holtby right, Dack 10.and Rothwell left next game

1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

If TM is still there then how much are we imagining the transfer kitty will be in January? 

Interesting question. 

I guess it depends who we are targeting and the cost. 

Dwight Gayle on loan?

Daniel Ayala nearly out of contract?

Pantillimon not wanted at Forest?

Marcus Olsson Free?

4 players that would dramatically improve our squad and not break the bank.

However non of the above are midfielders so I doubt we'll see any of them lining up for us in January.

Edited by Wegerleswiggle
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Dwight Gayle on loan?

Robert Ayala nearly out of contract?

Pantillimon not wanted at Forest?

Marcus Olsson Free?

4 players that would dramatically improve our squad and not break the bank.

However non of the above are midfielders so I doubt we'll see any of them lining up for us in January.

You mean Daniel Ayala dont you from Boro? Would be a good signing. 

Kingsley is available due to contract up in summer..

Pantilimon would be good signing for us. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes sorry Daniel Ayala. Think he is just what we need at the back.

I'd be more than happy with

Pantillimon

Nyambe Lenihan Ayala Olsson/Kingsley

• Like 1

Pantillimon is a liability, and no better than the inept Walton.

Ayala would be good but suspect he might have bigger teams in for him. Daniel that is, Roberto a bit old I suspect now.

Remember seeing Kingsley play at Ewood last year and he was absolutely dismal, as bad a left back as I saw last year based on that performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Pantillimon is a liability, and no b

Can you please tell us how you come to this opinion? 

Remember seeing Kingsley play at Ewood last year and he was absolutely dismal, as bad a left back as I saw last year based on that performance.

But so was Bowen who Bell kept in his pocket same as the Polish guy who Bennett kept the same. 

You scout players over a period of time not 1 single game 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

But so was Bowen who Bell kept in his pocket same as the Polish guy who Bennett kept the same. 

Because he keeps making mistakes hence his demotion from Forest number 1 to being unable to make the bench.

How many times have you seen Kingsley? Only commenting on the one time I recall seeing him. 

Because he keeps making mistakes hence his demotion from Forest number 1 to being unable to make the bench.

How many times have you seen Kingsley? Only commenting on the one time I recall seeing him. 

Yes made some mistakes early in the season but still made 44 apps for club.

Ive seen a few times of him

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I give you.............Ben Brereton.

????

• Like 2

Ben Brereton has to be one of the wierdest signings in all my time following Rovers.

At least with Grabbi or Davies they had good records, or you could see with Formica or Rochina they were talented, or Chris Brown was cheap. Brereton has no record, no discernable quality and inordinately  expensive. Totally and utterly mad. Will go down as maybe our worst transfer ever, and we've had a fair few turkeys.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Ben Brereton has to be one of the wierdest signings in all my time following Rovers.

At least with Grabbi or Davies they had good records, or you could see with Formica or Rochina they were talented, or Chris Brown was cheap. Brereton has no record, no discernable quality and inordinately  expensive. Totally and utterly mad. Will go down as maybe our worst transfer ever, and we've had a fair few turkeys.

To be fair, Davies and Grabbi were both overvalued. Grabbi was a Italian Div 2 goalgetter and Davies only had one year at Southampton. Hardly enough to be our record signings. 

Brereton won an award the previous year for young prospects. I'm sure he was sold as a development signing who'd quadruple in value. Personally, I don't know what his strengths are. Reminds me of Davies in some ways. When he was here he struggled with his price-tag, looked out of his depth and started picking up injuries. I expect we'll sell him back to Forest in a couple years for a pittance. 

I wouldn't yet call him the worst signing of all time he might shape up a bit if he's ever used properly but i can't see it under this coaching team.

Think it's obvious though he wasn't some kind of wonder kid and he'll never be a great so on that score he goes down as one of the stupidest most unwise signings.  Given the amount of money that could and should have been invested elsewhere in the team where it is still so badly needed.

• Like 2

On 17/11/2019 at 02:22, tomphil said:

I wouldn't yet call him the worst signing of all time he might shape up a bit if he's ever used properly but i can't see it under this coaching team.

Think it's obvious though he wasn't some kind of wonder kid and he'll never be a great so on that score he goes down as one of the stupidest most unwise signings.  Given the amount of money that could and should have been invested elsewhere in the team where it is still so badly needed.

He ran Arsenal ragged in a friendly though.

• Like 1

On 16/11/2019 at 17:23, joey_big_nose said:

Not sure I agree. The money was big, I’ve seen him a few times for forest and I quietly thought we might have a good one.  In  a few games for forest he was unplayable and 18, something’s gone wrong in his development from his arrival here.  A mixture of shyte day to day coaching, lack of any game time in his correct position, injuries, the team is crap and is looking like a relegation side.

im not saying he’s a world beater but we’ve screwed it up in my opinion. The lads had no confidence since he arrived 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 4

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Not sure I agree. The money was big, I’ve seen him a few times for forest and I quietly thought we might have a good one.  In  a few games for forest he was unplayable and 18, something’s gone wrong in his development from his arrival here.  A mixture of shyte day to day coaching, lack of any game time in his correct position, injuries, the team is crap and is looking like a relegation side.

im not saying he’s a world beater but we’ve screwed it up in my opinion. The lads had no confidence since he arrived 

He didnt even really want to come here. Plus, playing on the wing is hardly going to help a striker with a big price tag to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

On ‎15‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 23:00, chaddyrovers said:

Pantilimon is dross I have seen him numerous times and he has always got a mistake in him, Gayle was mentioned above he is on huge wages. He was given a new contract last season at Newcastle and is on around 50k. With the service we provide our strikers he wouldn't score anyway and he'd get shunted wide to accommodate Dack playing as a false nine that never works.

Kingsley again is another bang average jobber, i'd rather the club focused on quality acquisitions at the back I won't hold my breath though. Its more likely to be loans and a freebie if we are lucky

On 16/11/2019 at 12:02, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't believe we scouted him in any depth at all. It came across to me as a panic buy once we couldn't get Freeman from QPR. 

Someone told me that the Rovers scouting people never even ran the rule over Brereton i.e. he came by a "different" route. Anyone else heard that?

16 minutes ago, islander200 said:

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/amazing-ben-brereton-could-worth-2239125 

A lot of people within the game talk up his ability.Maybe it's just a case of him not developing.Although he hasn't really ever been given a run up front here

Calling it now, he'll return to Forest on loan. His contract will wind down and we'll cut our losses for a few bob.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 3