BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, Amo said:

Calling it now, he'll return to Forest on loan. His contract will wind down and we'll cut our losses for a few bob.

I predicted something like this the min he signed something isn't right with that signing.  If something like that did happen he and a few others will have made a nice few quid out of it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Crimpshrine said:

This is something I heard a while ago:

When they set the “European scouting system” up did they know about brexit because technically we are still European. Maybe that’s what they meant all the way from India.

we have set a European scouting system up, let’s start scouring Britain for players we can sell off at a profit. 

God the whole thing is heartbreaking and depressingly tedious

i can’t even write a joke that makes sense

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I have a feeling this guy may have been mentioned before, but Marcus Maddison's contact is up in the summer. 16 appearances, 9 goals and 6 assists already this season. 

Will be told he'll have to earn his way past Armstrong and Downing first, then will go elsewhere.

Just now, Wegerleswiggle said:

As much as I think the bloke is an absolute arsehole, I'd love another Shane Duffy back at Rovers. Just watching him tonight, makes you realise how much we miss him. Doesn't lose anything in the air. 

He can rot in hell. Don't care if he turns into a new Beckenbauer, he can fuck off. I remain convinced to this day that he took money to pop those own goals in. Astonished it was never investigated.

• Like 7

Just now, bluebruce said:

He can rot in hell. Don't care if he turns into a new Beckenbauer, he can fuck off. I remain convinced to this day that he took money to pop those own goals in. Astonished it was never investigated.

I completely agree. That's what I meant by another Shane Duffy. Jake Cooper at Millwall is the one player I have seen that could resemble Duffy's style.

• Like 1

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

He has all the attributes needed to play in defence though, in that he is a midfielder. Bit of competition for Bennett maybe?? 

I'm clearly not thinking enough like Tony. Good shout.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Didn't he also get sent off? It was against Cardiff if I recall correctly. An absolute disgrace.

• Like 1

Poorly written speculation piece about us showing interest in a 24-year old Australian striker at Livingstone with a shite goalscoring record: 

Lyndon Dykes

Claiming TeamTalk as original source. Six Championship sides meant to be interested according to them, including us, Derby, Boro, Bristol City, Cardiff and Swansea. Christ knows why (probably not true I'd think). 5 goals and 2 assists in 14 games this season (SPL and their League Cup). 10 goals and 16 assists in 52 appearances at Scottish SECOND tier last season and various Scottish cup competitions. Sometimes playing in advanced midfield roles, which would suit Tony to a tee.

His total time at Queen of the South (before Livingstone) yielded 23 goals and 34 assists in 136 games.

Excuse me whilst I jizz meself.

Edited by bluebruce

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I have a feeling this guy may have been mentioned before, but Marcus Maddison's contact is up in the summer. 16 appearances, 9 goals and 6 assists already this season. 

As long as he doesn’t wear ripped jeans, is willing to play in a position that he never has before, is a good human and likes lemon drizzle cake, he’ll get a 4 year deal.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As long as he doesn’t wear ripped jeans, is willing to play in a position that he never has before, is a good human and likes lemon drizzle cake, he’ll get a 4 year deal.

I have just noticed that I may have a future in football. 41 isn't too old to begin my professional career is it???

Just now, TBTF said:

thanks Bruce but we don’t !

We can probably expect a 2-page spread in the LT about it though ;)

I thought it was vaguely interesting in a 'how the less than mighty have fallen even further' way. Another Mowbray flop. A player good enough to help us get out of League One shouldn't be showing up in League Two at only 31.

Sadly, he wasn't the former and that's why he's now the latter.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Never heard of him every window for the last three seasons

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:45, bluebruce said:

Not sure if it were for money imo it was to force a move through - but they were 100% deliberate and very blatant too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

Not sure if it were for money imo it was to force a move through - but they were 100% deliberate and very blatant too.

I've always been of the opinion it was both. Wanted out and thought he'd make a few quid whilst he was at it. A fixer in his ear probably suggested it.

• Like 1