BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Interesting to see who is Brentford player of the season so far...

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11688/11865478/championship-fans-rate-their-clubs-201920-season-so-far

Not too surprising as the talent/potential was there if not the performances. 

I'm more surprised by a fan giving us a 5/10 for performance and stating it's disappointing. I'd go a 3/10 and flipping depressing...

Just the very idea of Mowbray being in charge for another transfer window... :( 

“We just need a couple of new faces to help the group”.

No Tony, we need a Championship standard/experienced centre back and two strikers. But he seems unable to address the defence and internal politics (face saving) will dictate that no new strikers can come in.

Just now, Stuart said:

No Tony, we need a Championship standard/experienced centre back and two strikers. But he seems unable to address the defence and internal politics (face saving) will dictate that no new strikers can come in.

Well we do need a couple of signings in. 

We dont need anymore strikers. Gallagher needs to play up front or not at all. We didnt need a striker signing in the past summer. We needed experience keeper, Defenders( 1 rb, 2 cb, 1lb) and centre midfielder. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Well we do need a couple of signings in. 

We dont need anymore strikers. Gallagher needs to play up front or not at all. We didnt need a striker signing in the past summer. We needed experience keeper, Defenders( 1 rb, 2 cb, 1lb) and centre midfielder. 

Respectfully disagree.

You've said yourself either Gallagher plays there or should be dropped - so that’s £5m wasted.

Brereton “is still a kid” - or just peaked early and we’ve been seen coming by Forest - £7m thrown away.

Samuel - can never stay fit and isn’t really Championship standard if we’re honest.

Armstrong - is a number 10 and we already have 10 of them.

Graham - is only really fit for half an hour and the Brereton money really should have been spent on a replacement in that window.

That leaves Dack - thank flip he still knows where the net is because he does very little else at the moment.

I say we need to move Brereton on and like you I think Gallagher should be central, not wide. So I’ll do you a deal. Bring in one established striker on loan (Rhodes would be a good fit) and promote Butterworth from the U23s.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

I think whatever budget there is has to go on a keeper, a centre half and a left back. 

We'll still score goals but it'd be nice to have to only score 1 or maybe 2 to win a game. 

Edit..  I do agree on a Rhodes loan deal as long as the fee and wages aren't too high. I certainly wouldn't be permanently signing a striker in January.

Edited by Wegerleswiggle

Just now, Stuart said:

Respectfully disagree.

You've said yourself either Gallagher plays there or should be dropped - so that’s £5m wasted.

Brereton “is still a kid” - or just peaked early and we’ve been seen coming by Forest - £7m thrown away.

Samuel - can never stay fit and isn’t really Championship standard if we’re honest.

Armstrong - is a number 10 and we already have 10 of them.

Graham - is only really fit for half an hour and the Brereton money really should have been spent on a replacement in that window.

That leaves Dack - thank flip he still knows where the net is because he does very little else at the moment.

I say we need to move Brereton on and like you I think Gallagher should be central, not wide. So I’ll do you a deal. Bring in one established striker on loan (Rhodes would be a good fit) and promote Butterworth from the U23s.

I would keep Brereton and play to his strength. 

Armstrong need to play wide or up front with Graham.

Butterworth is a 10 not a 9.

Gallagher signing should have happened but a move for Jansson.would have much better. 

Samuel needs to be moved on

Gallagher signing should have happened but a move for Jansson.would have much better. 

Keeping Brereton is where we disagree then. I’ve seen nothing in him that makes me think - “now there’s a footballer”, let alone “now there’s a £7m footballer”, or “there’s a good forward”, now even “there’s a £7m goalscorer”.

When you pay £7m on a striker at this level, he should be scoring goals. You certainly don’t convert him to a wide player.

But although it’s an interesting debate this is all moot because Mowbray won’t play either of them as strikers and hasn’t signed a defender worthy of the title in 4 windows. So I guess what we are both saying is forget about player recruitment and focus on manager recruitment.

• Like 2

I'm really struggling to see what Brereton's strengths are? 

What have you seen to say such a thing?

50 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Then @Bbrovers2288 please give us some hope. 

Few squad players moved on, evans Smallwood, samuel and a sad goodbye to graham who jets off to sunnier climes

and in return - 1 transfer and a couple of loans. 
venkys not willing to throw money at neither a playoff push nor a relegation battle. Mid table obscurity and a promise to get it right in the summer for a promotion push next season. 

going nowhere with mowbray sorry 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Few squad players moved on, evans Smallwood, samuel and a sad goodbye to graham who jets off to sunnier climes

venkys not willing to throw money at neither a playoff push nor a relegation battle. Mid table obscurity and a promise to get it right in the summer for a promotion push next season. 

That an opinion or things you've heard?

1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I'm really struggling to see what Brereton's strengths are? 

What have you seen to say such a thing?

Playing on the last shoulder of the defenders. I remember his performances for Forest under Mark Warburton especially against Arsenal in the FA Cup game

48 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Graham going to OZ? 

We have to get it right in the summer recruitment but will Mowbray still here by then?