BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, Blue blood said:

In fairness to Gally and Samuel both of whom I also think is pretty useless it can't help being shunted out to the wing on a regular basis. Not seen one attribute Gally has which suggests it's a good idea to play him there. Like with most things TM manages to make things even more complicated than they should be.

I do wonder if we did things simply, like players playing in losirion, how much of a difference that would actually make. 

I can't understand how everyone can see Gallagher out wide doesn't work, except for the ONE fucking guy who needs to see it!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I haven't ever had a good word to say about the chicken chokers but I wouldn't blame them if they said no to Mowbray if he goes back cap in hand.

I wouldn't give him a penny. Wouldn't surprise me if he brought Peter Crouch out of retirement on £40k a week, to play out wide. 

If I were the Venkys I would say I gave you plenty and we are worse off. Make do with what you have or go.

• Backroom
Just now, davulsukur said:

I can't understand how everyone can see Gallagher out wide doesn't work, except for the ONE fucking guy who needs to see it!

Those diagonal headers though man, those beautiful diagonal headers. 

• Like 3

Sell bell and grab one of the ollson twins on a free for the rest of season and asses him and cunningham, would be nice to have both to choose from for left back

I personally really dislike Gallagher and would love it if we sold him but won't happen but would love him gone and grab a striker like assombolonga 

And CB I would go for Ayala ?

Just now, AdamRochina said:

Sell bell and grab one of the ollson twins on a free for the rest of season and asses him and cunningham, would be nice to have both to choose from for left back

I personally really dislike Gallagher and would love it if we sold him but won't happen but would love him gone and grab a striker like assombolonga 

And CB I would go for Ayala ?

Ayala or Cooper for me. Both would be a dream. I like the idea of McQueen as left back. As for goalkeeper, Hennessy from Palace. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

In a nutshell he is stubborn and will persist to try and prove himself right. It's one of his most annoying traits where he has to be right because he has been in the game forty years (I don't know if he ever mentioned that!) and he knows best.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cos you are complaining about McQueen already. Blimey we havent even put a bid in yet

I asked was he another full back who can’t tackle? As frankly I’m sick of that type. Hardly complaining so get of your high horse Chris.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, unleaded said:

I wouldn’t give TM a single penny ! Hope he’s long gone by then .... 

Those would be my thoughts as well but if he is given anything to spend I'd say a half decent keeper has to be the first priority. 

If it was possible to send Walton back in January, I'd do it at the earliest opportunity. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AdamRochina said:

Was this sentence supposed to be chock full of innuendo, or is my mind just relentlessly filthy?

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Few squad players moved on, evans Smallwood, samuel and a sad goodbye to graham who jets off to sunnier climes

and in return - 1 transfer and a couple of loans. 
venkys not willing to throw money at neither a playoff push nor a relegation battle. Mid table obscurity and a promise to get it right in the summer for a promotion push next season. 

going nowhere with mowbray sorry 

I really hope you're wrong about getting rid of our only reliable striker.

14 hours ago, Blue blood said:

In fairness to Gally and Samuel both of whom I also think is pretty useless it can't help being shunted out to the wing on a regular basis. Not seen one attribute Gally has which suggests it's a good idea to play him there. Like with most things TM manages to make things even more complicated than they should be.

I do wonder if we did things simply, like players playing in losirion, how much of a difference that would actually make. 

Gally is fairly quick. Not lightning, but fairly quick. That's the attribute which suggests it's a good idea to play him wide. It isn't though, due to having none of the other attributes.

Other than that, 100% agree with the rest of your post.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Gally is fairly quick. Not lightning, but fairly quick. That's the attribute which suggests it's a good idea to play him wide. It isn't though, due to having none of the other attributes.

Other than that, 100% agree with the rest of your post.

There's a difference between being quick and being fast. In my book quick is being rapid over 10 yards and fast is being rapid over 30 or 40 or more yards. Lots of tall lanky players aren't particularly rapid over short distances but once they get into their stride it's another story. I'd say Gallagher isn't particularly quick but he's got reasonable pace over distance. I used to watch my rugby league team doing sprint training over 20 yards then 40 yards, 60 yards, finishing off with 80 yards. It was very revealing. the guys that were winning the 20 yards sprints ie the half backs or hookers who were in the main the smaller guys, sometimes came last over 60 yards. Of course the saying that " The first yard is in the head " is very true.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

I know loans aren't the way forwards but i genuinely wouldn't let him loose with a big wad of money ever again.  He's obsessed with back up players so let them be loans. I like Gallagher but wouldn't have signed him now but him and Brereton along with possibly Johnson are major bollocks dropped.

Disgraceful business really so unless someone unearths a good experienced keeper i'd loan in some proper defenders and a good striker if possible.  I'd loan out Brereton and Samuel tomorrow.