BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Don't know what's happened with Johnson ... When we first signed him I was none  too impressed , i'd seen him in a play in a game for derby back end of last season and he lacked mobility and players ran off him far too easily , having said that I thought he was excellent in the opening few games for us  so much so I was ready to eat humble pie and admit he was a good signing after all

Just now, AJW said:

Don't know what's happened with Johnson ... When we first signed him I was none  too impressed , i'd seen him in a play in a game for derby back end of last season and he lacked mobility and players ran off him far too easily , having said that I thought he was excellent in the opening few games for us  so much so I was ready to eat humble pie and admit he was a good signing after all

Ever since that Derby incident - its almost like he has been frozen out. 

Out of Downing and Johnson, you would have thought the latter would have the bigger impact considering he is three years younger. Difference being that one is a model professional and you can see why he spent most of his career at the top level and the other is just one of the lads. Doubt you would catch Downing down the boozer during the season.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

After Tony finally stumbled across a line up that most fans have been calling for all season, do you think that with these few additions in January our team would be good enough to perhaps challenge at the right end of the table?

LINEUP111574931053393.png

Steve, Gordon or Hayley?

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, Hank Moody said:

I agree loan out Samuel & BB to get a run of games under their belt & bring in a replacement with more quality on loan. 

Agreed. Don't see what BB is going to achieve rotting in the U23s or getting the odd 10mins.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Nelsonthedog said:

Why in the world would anyone want Jordan Rhodes? Busted flush who wasn't great first time round, when he at least scored a few goals..

How about Phil Jones back on loan from man u? Still only 27..

fck me he is only 27?

Just now, Rogerb said:

Signed a new contract back in February and will be on way more than we can afford even if it's 50%

What he gets paid and what he’s worth are two different things. Loved it when he fell on his backside against the blades. 

On 28/11/2019 at 08:04, AJW said:

He's got some quality but has 2 massive issues

1) he dithers on the ball in ludicrous areas of the pitch,

2) he slow over the ground which makes it hard to close people down.

23 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

After Tony finally stumbled across a line up that most fans have been calling for all season, do you think that with these few additions in January our team would be good enough to perhaps challenge at the right end of the table?

LINEUP111574931053393.png

Massive no from me on McQueen, another Gallagher type from Southampton who's not even that young and doesn't have enough experience for me. I'd sooner see Lewis Thompson get a game or just play Downing at LB at home and Williams LB away.

15 hours ago, Nelsonthedog said:

Why in the world would anyone want Jordan Rhodes? Busted flush who wasn't great first time round, when he at least scored a few goals..

How time can affect views. Jordan Rhodes is the best striker this club has had for a decade. He was a top quality player who almost single handedly got this club promoted. Let's not pretend he was anything other than brilliant for us.

16 minutes ago, JoeH said:

How time can affect views. Jordan Rhodes is the best striker this club has had for a decade. He was a top quality player who almost single handedly got this club promoted. Let's not pretend he was anything other than brilliant for us.

Very limited player.. not brilliant at all.. Gary bowyer constantly tried to sell him and replace.

30 minutes ago, JoeH said:

How time can affect views. Jordan Rhodes is the best striker this club has had for a decade. He was a top quality player who almost single handedly got this club promoted. 

Rhodes has nothing on Graham Joe. 

When Lambert came in Rhodes days were numbered from day 1

Just now, Nelsonthedog said:

Very limited player.. not brilliant at all.. Gary bowyer constantly tried to sell him and replace.

Agreed limites player.

Did he? Can you tell us more? 

I agree on the " limited player " opinions. He's done next to nothing since leaving Rovers, why would we want to sign him again ? Play him up front on his own ? You must be joking.He'd make Gallagher look like Harry Kane.

I think Lambert was " encouraged "  to sell Rhodes thinking that he'd be getting the dosh to strengthen the team. When it became clear that wasn't going to happen  he decided it was time to go.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces