SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rhodes has nothing on Graham Joe. 

When Lambert came in Rhodes days were numbered from day 1

Agreed limites player.

Did he? Can you tell us more? 

Graham is class but has never scored 20 goals for us. Rhodes did every year. Goals are overrated though I suppose!

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do your posts ever stretch beyond sniping and then disappearing when you are proved wrong? Happens a lot. 

Bit of a sense of irony that the above post is a snipe....

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Do your posts ever stretch beyond sniping and then disappearing when you are proved wrong? Happens a lot. 

How have I been proved wrong, or dissapeared? I think Graham is a very good striker, I always champion his inclusion, I used to debate especially with chaddy who wrote him off at one point. But Rhodes was superb for us and its foolish to forget that. He was better than Graham has been IMO and his goal record backs me up.

• Like 1

After Gallagher and Brereton I cannot see Venkys sanctioning another cash purchase on a striker , my guess would be that IF we are in the market for a striker one of Graham Or Samuel would have to leave  , I say IF because "Brereton and Samuel will be like new signings" claptrap will be peddled out during January anyway 

11 hours ago, AJW said:

After Gallagher and Brereton I cannot see Venkys sanctioning another cash purchase on a striker , my guess would be that IF we are in the market for a striker one of Graham Or Samuel would have to leave  , I say IF because "Brereton and Samuel will be like new signings" claptrap will be peddled out during January anyway 

I think a loan is the best we can expect and only then if either of Samuel and Brereton also go out on loan.

Get Rudy and Rhodes back. Completely re-organise the side to create supply for them. Spend ages waiting for their partnership to gel. Then realise that we've been relegated due to continuing to leak 2-3 goals per game on average despite having the most expensive striker set up in the Championship.

Rotten to the core. 

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 1

Goal keeper - fist and foremost as we have not got a single decent one. 

Centre back 2nd, as this massively strengthens the defence for when Lenihen is injured. Also needed as we have no other first choice suitable centre half alongside Lenihen for next season. 

Left back, similar situation - cover for Downing and at 35 we need a good one for next season anyway. 

Striker - as above but with Graham. Gallagher might, just might, grow into it if properly coached and not thrust in too quickly (like today's role) and goals can also come from the midfield, so a bit less of a priority then the defenders. 

• Like 2