BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

big ugly centre back,big ugly goalie and a left back who can overlap and cross a football deffo required this jan,i think we can expect a fair few departures as well,bell,smallwood,grayson and hart to be offloaded,davenport,samuel,chapman and buckley to be sent on loan,tony needs to be merciless this window,there are a few players in the squad who just are not up to it

• Like 2

Strikers are always the most expensive and I suspect Venkys might think they deserved some sort of return for the £12 M already committed on Gallagher/Brereton. I like Gallagher, he has at least something about him to make me think he can improve.

I'd like to see the defence strengthened first, we won't have Toison next season. How can we hope for success if we are inadequate at full-back, keeper and centre-back? Laughable.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Hank Moody said:

If we got a GK & CB in January like we paid for Friedel & Nelson we wouldn’t go far wrong though not sold on Mowbury scouting network as yet. Never less there’s lot more optimism after last few performances. 

COYB

Friedel and Nelsen were both freebies. Which is astonishing when you think about it.

Meanwhile, in the present day, we have Brereton for 7 million. And the jury is out on Gallagher at 5 million.

So yeh, not sold on TM's scouting network either!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Those 2 have got to be the biggest bargains of the century! What price for those 2 now in their prime?

Don't forget Tugay at £1.3m, Lucas Neil at £1m, Samba £400k, Nzonzi £650k...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

Tyton the polish keeper has just been released by a MLS side, worth a trial.

Also this lad got released by DC united. Luciano Acosta. He’d be perfect as opposed to seeing Gallagher wide right and at 25 a good age. Had some big teams in the past take a look too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luciano_Acosta

Ha

Very skillful. Any idea why they've let him go? Sounds like Rooney wants him to go to Derby.

Argentinian so potential work permit issues.

At 5 ft 3 he makes Arma look like a giant. And yet there was still a headed goal on his reel.

Edited by bluebruce

28 minutes ago, DE. said:

Great, another young attacking player... just what we need! I'd rather see us linked to good defensive players.

Didn't we once sign a young attacking player ?  In fact didn't we sign 2 ?  

Very highly rated but I would rather we concentrated on developing our own expensively assembled strikers. DG is coming to the end, so we need our own players to step up. Gallager looks like he might have something to offer played centrally.

Furthermore, the goals shipped column is the one we should be working on right now (groundhog day).