BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Cunningham goin back to cardiff after xmas according to LT and a few (idiots) supporters in the comments section actually suggest its ok because we have Bell. Sometimes I think it should be illegal to be a football fan unless you have played on grass rather than an xbox.

Bell will be wearing a Rovers badge and Cunningham won’t. It’s that simple for some.

Back the lads. Give him a chance FFS.

(Get your screen-shotting fingers ready @jimwilkz so you can share this with your Twitter tribe... of four followers who like your posts).

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

A mate of mine is a scout at liverpool and he reckons we are on the possible destination list

Well as long as the defence gets sorted too then Brewster would be a quality signing. He has scored more goals for England youth teams than Sam Gallagher has in his entire first team career. 

Edited by Wegerleswiggle

3 vs Barnsley (H)
2 vs Stoke (A)
3 vs Oldham (H) CUP
2 vs Preston (A)
2 vs Huddersfield (H)
2 vs QPR (A)
2 vs Reading (A)
2 vs Millwall (H)
2 vs West Brom (A)

We do NOT need a striker right now. We're scoring goals. Yes, Sam Gallagher isn't amazing, but imagine all those games in bold there if we hadn't have conceded two, three or four goals ourselves. We'd be 3rd, with ten extra points, having beaten Preston, Huddersfield, QPR and West Brom.

We need defenders, not attackers. We're scoring the goals, but conceding two at home to bottom Barnsley etc...

Just now, JoeH said:

3 vs Barnsley (H)
2 vs Stoke (A)
3 vs Oldham (H) CUP
2 vs Preston (A)
2 vs Huddersfield (H)
2 vs QPR (A)
2 vs Reading (A)
2 vs Millwall (H)
2 vs West Brom (A)

We do NOT need a striker right now. We're scoring goals. Yes, Sam Gallagher isn't amazing, but imagine all those games in bold there if we hadn't have conceded two, three or four goals ourselves. We'd be 3rd, with ten extra points, having beaten Preston, Huddersfield, QPR and West Brom.

We need defenders, not attackers. We're scoring the goals, but conceding two at home to bottom Barnsley etc...

I completely agree that we HAVE to sort the defence out first. If we do and also bring in Brewster then brilliant. Send BB out on loan and sell Samuel. 

12 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I've just heard Rhian Brewster might come in January 

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

A mate of mine is a scout at liverpool and he reckons we are on the possible destination list

Been linked with Leeds, Villa and Dortmund.

It'd be odd if he turned up here, partly because of those links and partly because it's weird to spend 15 million on young strikers, then loan a 19 year old to develop another club's player up front.

Oh and the fact the defence and keeper should be 100% our priority. Maybe TM thinks he is the next Tammy Abraham type loan signing.

Edited by bluebruce

It has been said that wherever Brewster goes, they will expect that he gets lots of game time. It might seem that Leeds being promotion contenders and Villa being in the PL, that we might not stand a chance, but would he be guaranteed the starts there? Leeds have two good strikers at this level already and is Brewster good enough to start regularly in the top league yet? As for Dortmund, he might just not fancy going to Germany.

Whatever anyway, goals is not really our problem, its the other end that needs sorting out as a priority for now. 

13 hours ago, DE. said:

Yeah I'd agree, RB is a position that probably needs looking at more in the summer (proper competition for Nyambe, not Bennett) than in January. LB is definitely the #1 priority with Cunningham no longer available. Anything after that would be a bonus. Although in truth considering our lack of activity last January even getting in a LB would probably be a bonus.

What does " proper competition " mean ? As I see it we've got half of the first team who could fit into that category and a whole lot more sat on the bench. Why bring in another reserve to get in line behind Nyambe ?  What we want are players that come in and from day one take a first team shirt by right. I realise not everybody that comes in can fit that category but we've already got another team's worth of players who aren't really up to the task of playing at this level regularly.

• Like 1

100%. Get a LB and Gk. The key after that is to keep our current formula and pattern of play. High tempo. Target man up top and get Rothwell, Dack, Arma, Holtby etc playing off him. Gally has all the attributes to succeed Graham in THAT position. 

If we can stretch to CB cover and a loan move for Kodija or Brewster then I think we can be there or thereabouts

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

100%. Get a LB and Gk. The key after that is to keep our current formula and pattern of play. High tempo. Target man up top and get Rothwell, Dack, Arma, Holtby etc playing off him. Gally has all the attributes to succeed Graham in THAT position. 

If we can stretch to CB cover and a loan move for Kodija or Brewster then I think we can be there or thereabouts

Left back for me is the only absolute must in this transfer window, although should the right keeper be available I agree that it is the other priority position.

I thought I saw some progression in Bell as last season went on, but like others I've made my mind up on him now. Out of contract in the summer too, so chances are that we'll need a second one before long.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, Left Back and GK are a must. Those positions alone could potentially push us into play off contention. 

Despite the lack of goals, I've actually liked what I've seen of Gallagher this season. It's a shame he's been shunted out on the wing so much. He looks like he's actually learned to use his height a bit when going up for headers. Hopefully he keeps improving. 

Just now, RoverKyle said:

Yeah, Left Back and GK are a must. Those positions alone could potentially push us into play off contention. 

Despite the lack of goals, I've actually liked what I've seen of Gallagher this season. It's a shame he's been shunted out on the wing so much. He looks like he's actually learned to use his height a bit when going up for headers. Hopefully he keeps improving. 

The whole strikers on the wing thing has to stop really, apart from AA who has some pace. You could argue that putting BB out there did little for his confidence, so it seems pointless doing the same to SG. For me, DG starts and SG comes on when tiredness is a factor. SG is the most likely to be the successor to DG, so just needs to bide his time, work on that role, and basically just watch what DG does all of the time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JoeH said:

3 vs Barnsley (H)
2 vs Stoke (A)
3 vs Oldham (H) CUP
2 vs Preston (A)
2 vs Huddersfield (H)
2 vs QPR (A)
2 vs Reading (A)
2 vs Millwall (H)
2 vs West Brom (A)

I agree. Sadly we don’t seem to be linked with any and as long as the person who can change that thinks Williams and Bennett are more than adequate that won’t change.

• Like 1

It’s a no to Brewster from me.

liverpool would penalty clause and interfere in our team dictating he plays x games and minutes like they did to Cardiff and Grujlic. We don’t need to be going down that road especially if we are aiming for the play offs. Teams should be happy we are assisting with the development and if they’re good enough they’ll play. They shouldn’t therefore have the leverage to interfere with our team politics.

Not just that we could do better. 

• Like 3

This myth is still seemingly in play that Gallagher has been stuck on the wing all season. He has played I would suggest over half of his football down the middle and has been in the whole, bar a very good half at Preston and a cameo last weekend, very ineffective. He doesnt hold the ball up well enough, he struggles aerielly against centre backs, (full backs not so much) he technically leaves a lot to be desired and he offers very little goal threat. Im not sure he has the attributes to follow Graham either because his game is all about his brain and intelligence. Gallagher is more mobile but the ball wont stick with him.

Dont get me wrong, I was delighted for him to see him get the winner last week but Graham has to start tomorrow and the jury is very much out on Gallagher. Im sure he will get on the pitch tomorrow so hopefully he can get another goal and really improve. 

Agree on left back and goalkeeper being the 2 priorites but I think we do need a striker still, that said I suspect Mowbray has made his bed spending 12m and he has to find a way to lie in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

It’s a no to Brewster from me.

liverpool would penalty clause and interfere in our team dictating he plays x games and minutes like they did to Cardiff and Grujlic. We don’t need to be going down that road especially if we are aiming for the play offs. Teams should be happy we are assisting with the development and if they’re good enough they’ll play. They shouldn’t therefore have the leverage to interfere with our team politics.

Not just that we could do better. 

Brewster could easily fit into our starting line up anywhere across the front 4. I like the way AA has played over the last few games but I would call Brewster an upgrade. The boy is electric, with an end product to boot. If he is available after we have sorted the defence out then he's a must. 

56 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Brewster could easily fit into our starting line up anywhere across the front 4. I like the way AA has played over the last few games but I would call Brewster an upgrade. The boy is electric, with an end product to boot. If he is available after we have sorted the defence out then he's a must. 

When and where have you seen him play?

17 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Well as long as the defence gets sorted too then Brewster would be a quality signing. He has scored more goals for England youth teams than Sam Gallagher has in his entire first team career. 

Just had a look and his youth goals were all at under 17 and under 16. Tbf that's hardly comparable to the Championship and Premiership at all. Gally definitely needs to start scoring more though.

Just now, bluebruce said:

When and where have you seen him play?

I watched all of the U17s world cup and he was the standout player. Have seen him a couple of times for Liverpool U23s, and a mate of mine who lives and breathes Liverpool reckons he should be on the bench every week for them. 

I know YouTube can make any player look amazing but there's a video of him that shows what he could offer us. Unlike the Brereton YouTube clips there is an end product to Brewster's finishing.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DpzRQ9b-wBMw&ved=2ahUKEwj8zZzozqHmAhUIiFwKHS4kAgMQt9IBMCV6BAgPEHA&usg=AOvVaw0aOz50lAl5dFAXLyIRZipX

• Like 1