BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

And your answer to that is bring in Rhodes. A player who scored goals but divided opinions when here.

TM thinks he has bought potential. I can't really see it if I'm honest. BB doesn't seem to have a picture in his head before he received the ball. Thinks to much so Misses chances to shoot never mind score. Not quick. Doesn't battle. No skill. Can't head etc 

But I'm willing to give the young lad a run in the side and see if he can slowly improve.  

Eh?? I have never mentioned Rhodes in years! What are you about? 

My answer to that is not to play him! Loan him out and pray for a miracle is my solution.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 47er said:

and a manager who could find them. Transfers not TM's strong point imo.

Tosin

Downing 

Holtby

Gallagher

Dack

Rothwell 

Johnson 

All quality at this point,so think you are being a bit harsh. Granted 1 loan, but the rest cost around 7 million in fees. That's good business. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

This is the jinxes everything post but suppose we make it to the play-offs and win them. Then what???

Top half of Premier League class:

-

Bottom half of Premier League class:

Tosin, 

Lenihan,

Dack

Not Premier League class but one or two might pleasantly surprise us if given the chance:

Walton

Nyambe

Cunningham

Bell (yes I know but the kid has talent to spare)

Travis

Gallagher 

Brereton (still very young)

Butterworth

Rankin-Costello

Mols

Fisher

Could hack a game or two without letting the side down:

Williams

Johnson

Evans

Downing

Not Premier League class/ need either wrapping up for return to Championship or shipping out:

Mulgrew

Bennett

Rothwell

Armstrong (they are all quick in the Prem)

Graham (tempus fugit)

Lieutweiler

Too far off to venture an opinion on:

The rest

Edited by philipl

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Tosin

Downing 

Holtby

Gallagher

Dack

Rothwell 

Johnson 

All quality at this point,so think you are being a bit harsh. Granted 1 loan, but the rest cost around 7 million in fees. That's good business. 

I'd say the juries still out on most of them. With the exception of Dack and Tosin all of those have been left out of the team this season at some point..

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd say the juries still out on most of them. With the exception of Dack and Tosin all of those have been left out of the team this season at some point..

I would say most would class them more good than bad to be fair.

Downing anyway. Unanimously lauded by fans. 

Johnson came in yesterday and bossed the Bristol midfield. Granted he had been in and out,but we haven't had a midfielder capable of doing that on a good day in many years.

Holtby is quality 

Gallagher noticeably coming on leaps and bounds

Of them all Rothwell is the most inconsistent,but probably the most loved by fans ,ironically 

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reports in Ireland we have agreed a deal for Cunningham for €1.5 million. Deal to be competed Jan 1st. 

Sounds a bargain. I'm sure we are taking a good look at his injury with him still being here since it happened. 

Mm, he looked very decent before the injury. I'd say it's still  a gamble in spite of the fact that modern medical procedures have improved massively with knee injuries over the years. 

We're nudging the top 6 but let's not delude ourselves we are a top 6 team

We have too many flaws and weaknesses, not least goalkeeper.

Walton is going to cost us alot of points this season. No club with him in the team is going to get promoted

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say most would class them more good than bad to be fair.

Downing anyway. Unanimously lauded by fans. 

Johnson came in yesterday and bossed the Bristol midfield. Granted he had been in and out,but we haven't had a midfielder capable of doing that on a good day in many years.

Holtby is quality 

Gallagher noticeably coming on leaps and bounds

Of them all Rothwell is the most inconsistent,but probably the most loved by fans ,ironically 

I'd agree with you that most of them have done ok since they've been signed. None have pulled trees up though .Maybe I'm expecting too much ?  I used to argue that the route to success was - replace your average players gradually with good players. Then replace your good players with better players, and then replace your better players with really good players. So on and so forth until you have a team of class acts, Gradually, maybe 2 or 3  positions each season. Are we doing that ? Maybe we are. This squad is definitely better than the one that got us promoted 20 months ago.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

We're nudging the top 6 but let's not delude ourselves we are a top 6 team

We have too many flaws and weaknesses, not least goalkeeper.

Walton is going to cost us alot of points this season. No club with him in the team is going to get promoted

West Brom and Leeds would appear to be flying but all of the other teams we would be contending with for a top six spot can beat each other on any given day.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If City recall Tosin in Jan and we sell Dack, the second half of the season could be a real struggle.

Long way to yet.

Hope there is a plan in place.

Rovers paid City £1m for the season long loan of Tosin. There is no recall clause apparently so they would have to pay serious compensation to negotiate a recall.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Reports in Ireland we have agreed a deal for Cunningham for €1.5 million. Deal to be competed Jan 1st. 

Sounds a bargain. I'm sure we are taking a good look at his injury with him still being here since it happened. 

Do you have a link to that? Not sure how I feel, excellent left back at this level but big risk after not his first serious injury.

• Like 2

On 14/12/2019 at 14:17, Scotland1 said:

I don’t want Rhodes back. Refused to play for the club against Newport and repeatedly wanted to move whilst his uncle constantly undermined us with his tapping up. 

No thanks we’ve moved on

He scored the winner against Newport but as you say we've moved on.

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Would be a good signing for us..

• Like 1

This window we should really look to be getting players out (loan or otherwise)

Smallwood will go, I'm pretty sure. Gladwin will probably get released on Feb 1st.

Most, if not all of Butterworth, Davenport (Burton?), Samuel, Chapman, Mols, Buckley, and probably Brereton, should be loaned. 

• Like 2

Just now, Angry_Pirate said:

This window we should really look to be getting players out (loan or otherwise)

Smallwood will go, I'm pretty sure. Gladwin will probably get released on Feb 1st.

Most, if not all of Butterworth, Davenport (Burton?), Samuel, Chapman, Mols, Buckley, and probably Brereton, should be loaned. 

You've missed out Hart.He's been loaned out to two clubs to my knowledge ( Rochdale and Southend ) and done enough at both for their fans to be sorry to see him go back to Rovers.

What's the latest on Magloire ? He got injured at Rochdale early in his loan and hasn't been mentioned since.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You've missed out Hart.He's been loaned out to two clubs to my knowledge ( Rochdale and Southend ) and done enough at both for their fans to be sorry to see him go back to Rovers.

What's the latest on Magloire ? He got injured at Rochdale early in his loan and hasn't been mentioned since.

Magloire put in a decent shift in Rovers' 3-1 win over Leicester Friday night before being subbed on 75. Contained a dangerous Leicester forward line pretty well.

Isn't Hart injured currently?