Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GunnerRover7

(Too early?) January transfer window 2020

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Im not going over this time after time with you. You did the same in the summer to me on another social media site when I suggest names we should look at..

Venkys supply the funds not.choose the signings. They trust Mowbray and our current management structure in place

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

In January we should be doing a deal to take Milner at the end of the season before anyone else can get in.

If we have any ambition that is.

Let's be realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

In January we should be doing a deal to take Milner at the end of the season before anyone else can get in.

If we have any ambition that is.

Sorry that’s not ambitious that’s just mad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Sorry that’s not ambitious that’s just mad

Milner's looking at a Leeds return as Plan B. They'll probably be in the Prem next year, we'll be lucky to avoid League One.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

In January we should be doing a deal to take Milner at the end of the season before anyone else can get in.

If we have any ambition that is.

Post of the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Post of the year

For comedy value you mean?

Aside from the realism factor, I wouldn't want to spunk another huge wad of the wage budget on yet another midfielder, no matter how good, when we are sorely short of a decent defence and goalie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/11/2019 at 22:18, bluebruce said:

For comedy value you mean?

Aside from the realism factor, I wouldn't want to spunk another huge wad of the wage budget on yet another midfielder, no matter how good, when we are sorely short of a decent defence and goalie.

Thing is, Milner is exactly the type of player, leader and role model we should be bringing in.

If Kenny went to Jack and said I want Milner then Jack would go and get him.

Venkys are respecting Jack's legacy so why is it so ridiculous?

This is his last season at Liverpool and he has so much to offer.

The sad thing is how most of you have reset your ambitions to surviving relegation in the Champ.

Or you also think we shouldn't have bought Moran or Cowans or Speedie or Hughes or any of the long list of similar great players for the same reasons ?

I would say I am the only sane one here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

Thing is, Milner is exactly the type of player, leader and role model we should be bringing in.

If Kenny went to Jack and said I want Milner then Jack would go and get him.

Venkys are respecting Jack's legacy so why is it so ridiculous?

This is his last season at Liverpool and he has so much to offer.

The sad thing is how most of you have reset your ambitions to surviving relegation in the Champ.

Or you also think we shouldn't have bought Moran or Cowans or Speedie or Hughes or any of the long list of similar great players for the same reasons ?

I would say I am the only sane one here.

Mm, step slowly away from your keyboard and ring your GP's surgery now.  Don't worry, they'll be able to help you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rovers1994 said:

Cheeky bid for Dack incoming ?

Edited by perthblue02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to say it but it's time to start preparing for a dog fight next year. Realistically Dack is going in January or next Summer with us finishing in the bottom half of this league again, I think Lenihan would follow and potentially Lewis Travis.

Next season we could be lining up with Leutwiler in net, Bennett captain, Gallagher up top on his own, Johnson and Evans as our holding midfielders - Dack, Travis, Lenihan and maybe even others all gone...  It'll be a relegation battle unless we prepare now.

Look to the League One transfer market again as we did with Rothwell and Dack, find the talents and get them early. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want him spending a single penny or even a loan deal .. he has shown over and over that he has no clue  on what a good player is ... just random players he signs with no idea on how to use them 

 

I hope he is long gone by then ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Hate to say it but it's time to start preparing for a dog fight next year. Realistically Dack is going in January or next Summer with us finishing in the bottom half of this league again, I think Lenihan would follow and potentially Lewis Travis.

Next season we could be lining up with Leutwiler in net, Bennett captain, Gallagher up top on his own, Johnson and Evans as our holding midfielders - Dack, Travis, Lenihan and maybe even others all gone...  It'll be a relegation battle unless we prepare now.

Look to the League One transfer market again as we did with Rothwell and Dack, find the talents and get them early. 

If Dack has any ambition, he should be looking for a move. A player with his talent shouldn't be attached to Mowbray's sinking ship. I think Lenihan's injury history might prevent a move just yet, and Travis is hopefully still flying under the radar of most clubs.

Edited by Amo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Hate to say it but it's time to start preparing for a dog fight next year. Realistically Dack is going in January or next Summer with us finishing in the bottom half of this league again, I think Lenihan would follow and potentially Lewis Travis.

Next season we could be lining up with Leutwiler in net, Bennett captain, Gallagher up top on his own, Johnson and Evans as our holding midfielders - Dack, Travis, Lenihan and maybe even others all gone...  It'll be a relegation battle unless we prepare now.

Look to the League One transfer market again as we did with Rothwell and Dack, find the talents and get them early. 

Start preparing for a dog fight next year? Have you seen the table recently? We're in a relegation dog fight now!

There seems to be denial setting in which isnt helped by the manager coming out with clap trap about the play-offs and winning 6 in a row. Ain't happening no matter how many times you try to tell people.

We're struggling to stay up THIS season. Forget about next season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JHRover said:

Start preparing for a dog fight next year? Have you seen the table recently? We're in a relegation dog fight now!

There seems to be denial setting in which isnt helped by the manager coming out with clap trap about the play-offs and winning 6 in a row. Ain't happening no matter how many times you try to tell people.

We're struggling to stay up THIS season. Forget about next season. 

We aren't getting relegated this year. Won't happen because there's way too many team worse than us. Lose Dack, Lenihan and Travis.. next year is the fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

Won't happen because there's way too many team worse than us. 

Name 3. I can take Barnsley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

We aren't getting relegated this year. Won't happen because there's way too many team worse than us. Lose Dack, Lenihan and Travis.. next year is the fight.

Which teams would you back us to beat at the moment Joe ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rovers1994 said:

The bit about the team playing with an identity got me. TM bigging up Bielsa as a top coach clearly doesn't see himself as one with those comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Which teams would you back us to beat at the moment Joe ?

I can name quite a few that we've already beaten? Top half Sheffield Wednesday being one we beat just over a week ago ;)

Absolute WORST CASE scenario I could see us dropping this low, but that's it. Already shown against some alright sides that we're capable of staying up. This team is twice the team that our relegation side of 2016/17 was.

Millwall
Hull City
Middlesbrough
Stoke City
Huddersfield Town
Blackburn Rovers
Reading
-----------------------------
Luton Town (R)
Wigan Athletic (R)
Barnsley (R)

I've seen Wigan enough times this year to know they're off for another League One jolly, Barnsley are shoe ins for last place, and Luton will tail off with their small squad.

Best case scenario we'll finish 15th I think. On our day we've shown we're better than Millwall, Hull, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Stoke etc...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoeH said:

I can name quite a few that we've already beaten? Top half Sheffield Wednesday being one we beat just over a week ago ;)

Absolute WORST CASE scenario I could see us dropping this low, but that's it. Already shown against some alright sides that we're capable of staying up. This team is twice the team that our relegation side of 2016/17 was.

Millwall
Hull City
Middlesbrough
Stoke City
Huddersfield Town
Blackburn Rovers
Reading
-----------------------------
Luton Town (R)
Wigan Athletic (R)
Barnsley (R)

I've seen Wigan enough times this year to know they're off for another League One jolly, Barnsley are shoe ins for last place, and Luton will tail off with their small squad.

Best case scenario we'll finish 15th I think. On our day we've shown we're better than Millwall, Hull, Cardiff, Huddersfield, Stoke etc...

Cant see anyone interested in Lenihan, a rash and injury prone defender, and whilst Travis is young and of course our best central midfielder I cant see many people outside of Ewood taking much note.

I would agree that we wont go down, there is too much crap in this league but not sure that we are much better ourselves. Cardiff are far better than us, they have not coped well with relegation at all and being mid table is a huge surprise but you look at their team, their goalkeeper, centre backs, full backs, central midfielders and wingers are all very good for this league. They are just a bit toothless up front, their big money signing hasnt settled.

Hull have some really poor players but theyve got a couple of good ones and one outstanding goalscorer which sets them apart from many of the others you mentioned. Boro are massively underachieving under a novice manager. Huddersfield again were struggling post relegation under a novice, got plenty of quality, Schindler, Kongolo and Simpson in defence, and again a proven goalscorer in Grant. And Stoke have been in a decline under a terrible culture that is difficult to shift for ages, their new managee may be the man to shift that because ultimately their squad is quite obviously not a bottom 3 one, O'Neill got an instant result playing players in a simple system in their correct positions.

Even though Luton beat us with little in return, I suspect your bottom 3 wont be far away from being correct, and I think we will stay up, but I am far from convinced that we are better than the teams you mentioned, with some getting new managers and Boro due one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.