BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Things you dislike about football.

With another International week killing our domestic football and Rovers in particular I noticed the board was eerily quiet. I decided to start a thread about things you dislike in football so no falling out, it's just anything that annoys you. No accusations of being miserable please. ?

Mine is the bloody Mexican Waves that we see from time to time usually I have always thought borne out of boredom. Although they do seem to be on the wane in football I noticed them at Old Trafford yesterday and saw adults doing it and it riled me.

I'm not sure why they are called Mexican as they originated, surprise surprise in America.

Agents, most player wages in all leagues, ticket prices, bias Media coverage, being at the behest of tv paymasters and their messing of fixtures, sterile atmospheres nearly everywhere, plastic modern day internet hooligans, early kick offs.

Liverpool, Man U, Burnley & PNE

Apart from that the game itself remains beautiful even though it's cruel and boring at times ?

• Like 4

All of the above plus

the waggot tax

price of food and drink

wearing away shirts unnecessarily

over weight men wearing tight replica shirts 

shit mascots I.e the pie and the boiler

wags

parking

stadiums named shit like kit Kat crescent and the university of Bolton stadium

modern identikit stadiums on industrial or retail parks

People who watch the game through their phones

racism, homophobia etc

people who only watch there team in the pub, give it the big one and can't name the starting 11

short corners

anyone who thinks ronaldo is better than messi

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

With another International week killing our domestic football and Rovers in particular I noticed the board was eerily quiet. I decided to start a thread about things you dislike in football so no falling out, it's just anything that annoys you. No accusations of being miserable please. ?

Mine is the bloody Mexican Waves that we see from time to time usually I have always thought borne out of boredom. Although they do seem to be on the wane in football I noticed them at Old Trafford yesterday and saw adults doing it and it riled me.

I'm not sure why they are called Mexican as they originated, surprise surprise in America.

I think it was first seen on tele at the Mexico World Cup 

Diving and cheating. I can't think of any other sport where rolling around on the floor or otherwise pretending to be injured is a normal part of the game.

I can really see where North Americans are coming from with their 'soccer isn't a sport' and 'it's for girls' jibes over the many years.

Football commentators who try and make poor games seem exciting. Sky’s obsession with certain clubs Liverpool, Leeds and soon to be Salford. Football experts who make you switch off namely Danny Murphy and Gary linekar. Picking referees decisions apart to th nth degree and critizing marginal decisions. The farce that is VAR. Fleecing the punters loyalty in all its form. The premier league for its continued destruction of the rest of English football. 

• Like 2

• Backroom

The current Premier League is so sterile that I've lost all interest in it. I haven't watched MOTD or any PL highlights for months, possibly even nearly a year now. I still enjoy following the lower leagues and watch the EFL highlights on Quest, but I have literally zero interest in following the PL beyond the absolute basics. 

Also the FA, EFL and football authorities in general. Incompetent, lying, arrogant fools who are only interested in lining their own pockets - and they don't even do a particularly good job with that, as the Championship TV rights are imo highly undervalued. 

• Like 5

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

players kicking the ball out when a player is "injured"...

100 times more than that....

throwing the ball back to the opposition afterwards. Makes my blood boil.

And the Waggott Tax !

Last season we constantly did this even when attacking. I say play-on, score a goal, then the injured player can get treatment before the kickoff .

Edited by rigger
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, DE. said:

The current Premier League is so sterile that I've lost all interest in it. I haven't watched MOTD or any PL highlights for months, possibly even nearly a year now. I still enjoy following the lower leagues and watch the EFL highlights on Quest, but I have literally zero interest in following the PL beyond the absolute basics. 

Also the FA, EFL and football authorities in general. Incompetent, lying, arrogant fools who are only interested in lining their own pockets - and they don't even do a particularly good job with that, as the Championship TV rights are imo highly undervalued. 

With you there, removed the series link for MOTD this season.

I absolutely love the sport, the impact it has had on English society for 150 years. The fact that clubs levels down in the non league pyramid attract crowds bigger than some SPL clubs.

Blackburn Rovers means everything to me, for me and my family the club is part of who we are. But the game at the top level? No interest.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

I absolutely love the sport, the impact it has had on English society for 150 years. The fact that clubs levels down in the non league pyramid attract crowds bigger than some SPL clubs.

Blackburn Rovers means everything to me, for me and my family the club is part of who we are. But the game at the top level? No interest.

Yep. I've had some people suggest to me that it's only because Rovers aren't in the PL, but it isn't that. I was still watching MOTD and PL games long after we were relegated. It's only been in the last couple of years (particularly as the City/Liverpool axis has started to make the rest of the league look especially embarrassing) that I've just totally lost all interest. I'd obviously take some interest in it again if by some miracle we got promoted, as I'd have no choice, but unless that happens I don't see myself getting back into top flight football for some time. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Easy - Defenders shielding the ball out.

If you don't have possession of the ball and you block another player, it's obstruction. 

If it's done in the box it should be a penalty.

The authorities could stamp it out in a matter of weeks if they wanted.

They bleat on about wanting a more attacking game with more goals.

And yet it's continued to be allowed for some reason. I mean it's hardly an entertaining spectacle that enhances the spectator experience is it? 

2 grown men having a play wrestle over a slowly moving ball. Boils my blood. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Similar, my lads are fifth generation Rovers' supporters and I used to think that our unstinting, generally unquestioning support, meant something to the club too. There was a two way mutual connection because those at the helm were Rovers supporters too. With the odd exception, that's sadly gone at most clubs and heritage and history stands for feck all. 

Add to that cheats, sanitisation, blatant unquestioned corruption, greed etc and it's no wonder that we, that were the lifeblood of the game since it's conception are slowly falling out of love with the game.

"Bought The League" they say. Aye all right but it was a bit different, raise a glass to Uncle Jack, a man who knew his roots!

• Like 2

A lot of stuff annoys me in the professional game but the thing that winds me up the most is laziness at amateur level.

Playing 5/6 aside footy and people not tracking runners because they can't be bothered or because they "aren't defenders"

I'll play footy with anyone, their ability isn't a massive issue if they put the graft in but when they can't be bothered to put any effort in, its hugely frustrating, no matter how good they are (or think they are.)

• Like 4