over weight men wearing tight replica shirts 

shit mascots I.e the pie and the boiler

wags

parking

stadiums named shit like kit Kat crescent and the university of Bolton stadium

modern identikit stadiums on industrial or retail parks

People who watch the game through their phones

racism, homophobia etc

people who only watch there team in the pub, give it the big one and can't name the starting 11

short corners

anyone who thinks ronaldo is better than messi

Think you've covered most things that I dont like to

• Like 1

The way that the laws of the game have been changed mostly for the worse. 

The over complicated way that is used for VAR. I knew this would happen.

Lack of respect for referees and linesmen.Yes I know that linesmen are called something different now.

Lack of a sensible maximum wage worldwide.

5 hours ago, knobblybottom said:

Players / teams so well trained that all individuality is being forced out. There's no place for the likes of Mike Ferguson and Ruben Rochina any more.

Characterless robots and for me it starts now at academy level these days of course they have benefits young players are fitter and have better basic skills but flair etc or traditional type players who'll only ever fit certain roles but fit them well are fast becoming a thing of the recent/distant past.

• Like 3

Know-it-alls - particularly on social media but also at games - who spout utter sheeyite and have clearly never played football in their lives and think they are watching FIFA or championship manager. I’m not suggesting you have to have been an ex pro to have knowledge of the game but some of the nonsense I see and hear drives me mad sometimes. 

And of course the obscene amounts of money swilling around in the upper echelons of the game. Surely the bubble will burst one day?

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Know-it-alls - particularly on social media but also at games - who spout utter sheeyite and have clearly never played football in their lives and think they are watching FIFA or championship manager. I’m not suggesting you have to have been an ex pro to have knowledge of the game but some of the nonsense I see and hear drives me mad sometimes. 

And of course the obscene amounts of money swilling around in the upper echelons of the game. Surely the bubble will burst one day?

Bubble has burst. Next Sky deal will be lower as clubs stream their own games

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

There will be a minimum of 4 minutes added time.

Ref blows on 3:45 because the ball is in a 'neutral' location on the pitch.

Happens all the time, most recently Georgia V Denmark this afternoon.

How hard can it be to either say a minimum of 3 minutes, or actually add 4 minutes on.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The Champions League.

It dominates world football, to the extent it has diminished the World Cup because world's best players are either injured or knackered from playing in the CL.

It led to the demise of the European Cup (which was wonderful), the Uefa Cup, the Cup-Winners Cup, which were excellent tournaments too.

And it has concentrated power and wealth to an unacceptable level in a few select clubs.

It is boring, boring, boring in the group stages until it becomes knock-out (like the old European Cup in fact). 

I agree Jim. Dont watch any of champions league at all. Not interested. 

9 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The Champions League last season was absolutely brilliant. The best players making some truly remarkable games.

Like I said not interested. Its shouldnt called champions league as it isnt anymore. 

I much prefer the old way of European competition. 

@jim mk2 is right on this issue. Not often me and Jim agree on much but on this we do. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

I'm with the others who dislike the Champions League. Since it went to BT I have only watched two games which were both free. It's another money making product and once again fans are the cash cows.

The Europa League is even worse with the likes of AC Delco playing in it.

• Like 1

@arbitro and @chaddyrovers you both seemingly dislike it mainly because you dont have the channel that it is on, ie lack of accessibility?

Group stages are always far less dramatic than knock out games, gows with the territory and is the same at World Cups etc.

What I can say is as 2 football fans you missed out on some incredible drama and top class games last season. Some top quality games and some unbelievable comebacks. And chaddy to suggest the technicality of the name is a major negative is incredibly petty, the competition was far better last season for quality teams such as the 2 finalists being in it. Football as a sport is obviously a money making product but its obviously down to the individual whether you still choose to enjoy it.

It's strange, I dislike many things in football, diving being the main one but I was asking myself what I actually enjoy about football these days having left old trafford yesterday, after a disappointing but unbelievably enjoyable day out. Great banter, people not taking themselves too seriously, I haven't laughed at a sporting even as much as that ever. I'm not a massive cricket fan, that was my first time at a match but it highlighted some major flaws in football as a spectacle. The prices for 90 minutes of football and how much of it do you actually enjoy? I guess I find it somewhat interesting watching premier league and champions league football, I played at a good standard when I was younger so I appreciate the skill of it. I watch Rovers because I was born into it, I support them out of passion and habit but I've not enjoyed football as much as that for a long long time. Venky's are probably to blame, they've given us absolutely nothing to be positive about or hardly anything for us to play for since they took over. 

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

@arbitro and @chaddyrovers you both seemingly dislike it mainly because you dont have the channel that it is on, ie lack of accessibility?

Group stages are always far less dramatic than knock out games, gows with the territory and is the same at World Cups etc.

What I can say is as 2 football fans you missed out on some incredible drama and top class games last season. Some top quality games and some unbelievable comebacks. And chaddy to suggest the technicality of the name is a major negative is incredibly petty, the competition was far better last season for quality teams such as the 2 finalists being in it. Football as a sport is obviously a money making product but its obviously down to the individual whether you still choose to enjoy it.

Absolutely not true in my case. I hardly watched it when it was free on ITV. I don't like the format and it's designed to make money usually from the fans. I don't know how old you are but before it became a league it was a straight two legged knockout and you could only qualify as outright champions or holders. I don't doubt there are good games (usually in the knockout stages which bears out my point) but there is far more dross and mismatches with teams I've never heard of.

Liverpool have won the Champions League twice whilst never having won the Premier League.

• Like 2

For me speaking purely from a BRFC perspective, super fans on facebook/twitter whose default position and opinion changes as to how badly the club is performing so they are never disappointed then they turn on other supporters, what do we expect with our budget etc, Mowbray we are lucky to have him. Tony can do no wrong etc, the inability to criticises the team or manager/the owners. The expectation we should have 30000 smashing the turnstiles down to watch Mowbrayball. Comment after a losing that our defending is awful and the torrent of abuse then follows from the rovers brigade!.

The complete and utter acceptance of mediocrity and the apathy that surrounds the club

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Not the case at all. 

The Champions League isnt just for champions of each nation is it tho? 

The old format was much better and I prefer that way imo.

Liverpool have won the champions league twice without winning the PL. Look at last year final between 2 teams who havent won their own domestic league. Pathetic tbh. 

No doubt plenty of drama in the games but should certain teams even be in the champions league if they cant win their own league

• Like 1