BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Things you dislike about football.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Bang on regarding forfeiting of the cup, particularly bugs me when teams do everything to get into Europe and then forfeit their chance. Burnley did it last season but its a potentially once in a lifetime chance. Wolves taking it much more seriously.

They went out in the qualifying rounds and didn't reach the Europa Cup proper. Their "European Campaign" lasted 35 days I think.  

???

• Like 2

Players covering their mouths with their hands whilst talking... even sat on the bench.

Imagine Shearer covering his mouth whilst telling Ruddock "I'm gonna score 3 you fat useless ****"

Whilst Razor covers his mouth to retort "Not if I get you first you cocky geordie ****"

More modern game nonsense also caused by Sky.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

Manchester City.  Two words that define all that is wrong with English football.  Oh and Chelsea.

A good thing has happened to Chelsea with the transfer embargo they are currently under. Yesterday they started with three Academy graduates who all scored and with Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek due back soon they could have five home grown English players starting. I think had they not been under embargo they would have splurged millions on foreigners and sent their own players out on loan. Hopefully other clubs are taking note.

But historically I agree they have been bad for our game.

• Like 1

I agree with lots of this, especially how full backs are allowed to creep up the line from the corner flag when taking a throw in. The ball goes out about two yards from the corner flag. The player picks up the ball and begins to " take the throw " about 5 yards further up than where the ball went out. He then shuffles up the touchline pretending to take the throw for about another 10 yards before actually releasing the ball.

When I played full back you had to take the throw in from where the ball actually went out. If the throw in  was near the corner flag and your opponents marked up effectively the chances of you retaining possession in a real danger area was about 50/50.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

The BBC especially ramming womens football down our throats, just because they currently have some televised rights.  Sorry, I just don't like watching it.  

This is the real issue. “Equality” in general is very much linked to financial or personal gain.

Final Score the other week had a female host, a female pundit and a female analyst. There were more women discussing the men's game than fellas. I don't have a problem with women being involved but the BBC are just blatant with their agenda. If the roles were reversed there would be an outcry. 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead

Sky are the same. I'll be honest, I don't really care who hosts or presents programmes, as long as they're good at it. 

I'm a strong believer in equality, but it seems to be a box ticking exercise for some channels, rather than being something they actually want to do and it shows. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Amo said:

Final Score the other week had a female host, a female pundit and a female analyst. There were more women discussing the men's game than fellas. I don't have a problem with women being involved but the BBC are just blatant with their agenda. If the roles were reversed there would be an outcry. 

Is your picture the host, pundit or analyst? Keep whoever it is on, as I might tune in next week. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

the champions league has always annoyed me ever since they started the pointless group stages,it should be for the league champions only,**** all the money making pointless games,managers babble on about to much football,well then stop playing pointless euro games that are invariably rubbish the competition does`nt even get remotely interesting until the knock out stages

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Yet inglorious basturk is one of the best names on here . Irony lol

A misunderstanding of irony 

I’m not saying my name on here is any good for starters , it’s simply a bit of word play about a previous player and could just mean I consider said player to be inglorious 

what I refer to I find exhausting