Sign in to follow this  

Just now, Harry The Bass said:

We don’t always start in that formation but at least 3 times - vs Sheffield United, vs Cardiff at home - we’ve gone to that setup.

Give over indeed.

I'd hardly call a formation you don't start with ever one that is a regular plan. I'm also not convinced we've been signing players for that system - i.e. wing backs, (although maybe Bennett is less bad there?) or a decent number of centre backs, and signings like Downing a wide midfielder, go against a 5-3-2 too. Not even convinced that someone in the hole works as well with only 3 midfielders vs 4 around him in our usual formation. We've hardly played it in any of the other seasons either - the very, very few times we have ending badly. . 

Not sure this is the thread to debate it in but think it's kind to say this is a regular formation of TM's

Just now, Blue blood said:

I'd hardly call a formation you don't start with ever one that is a regular plan. I'm also not convinced we've been signing players for that system - i.e. wing backs, (although maybe Bennett is less bad there?) or a decent number of centre backs, and signings like Downing a wide midfielder, go against a 5-3-2 too. Not even convinced that someone in the hole works as well with only 3 midfielders vs 4 around him in our usual formation. We've hardly played it in any of the other seasons either - the very, very few times we have ending badly. . 

Not sure this is the thread to debate it in but think it's kind to say this is a regular formation of TM's

Mate I’m telling you clearly - if you don’t see us moving into different systems regularly, you don’t watch us close enough. End of.

Bright start to this half, still very open 

Cursing him here but Walton looking good 

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Rothwell looking a lot livelier than he has for most of this season.

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Nope...not having it sorry. (Sarcasm)

Sponsor
12 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Must have been a ruse. We’ve played Williams, Lenny and Tosin in a three and used wing backs.

Cheers Stuart, as I thought and from the stats and result looks like it worked a treat. ;)

Unbelievable pace but he should have finished there. He has contributed more in 10 minutes that Arma has all match so I’ll let him off. ;)

Just now, darrenrover said:

Cheers Stuart, as I thought and from the stats and result looks like it worked a treat. ;)

We changed to four at the back amd looked like a football team when Rothwell came on.

Worked a treat. ;)

Strange and boring game - better in 2nd half. Thought Walton gad a good game. Clean sheet and 3 points is Still really all that matter.