BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

DG off to Australia?

• Backroom

Based on our lacklustre attacking threat without Graham on the pitch so far this season I wouldn't be particularly keen to let him go now. At the end of the season, sure, but I see no benefit in mutually terminating his contract when he's currently still an important player for us. Not convinced Gallagher or Armstrong would be able to fill the void. 

• Like 3

It’s a sad indictment of Mowbray’s recruitment that £12m later we are still absolutely dependent on Danny Graham.

I hope we don’t try to move him on in January.

From Graham’s point of view, it would make sense. We really should have been better prepared for it though.

Still time but I’m not sure we will be able to get any more money to buy a replacement. Brereton and Gallagher have to come good.

• Like 7

• Moderation Lead

If this does happen, it relies on Brereton or Gallagher being adequate replacements as soon as possible. 

Sadly, based on what I’ve seen from them both so far, I’ve got my doubts they can fill this void right away.

Hopefully, this link is nonsense and based on some inaccurate hearsay.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DE. said:

Based on our lacklustre attacking threat without Graham on the pitch so far this season I wouldn't be particularly keen to let him go now. At the end of the season, sure, but I see no benefit in mutually terminating his contract when he's currently still an important player for us. Not convinced Gallagher or Armstrong would be able to fill the void. 

To put it mildly!

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

When is Mowbray going to put the good of the club ahead of what’s good for individual players?

”Danny we had a call but I’ve turned it down. You are an important part of my plans this season.”

Or

”Danny, we had a call. What do you think? I’m easy either way but if you want to leave, I won’t stand in your way”.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

When is Mowbray going to put the good of the club ahead of what’s good for individual players?

”Danny we had a call but I’ve turned it down. You are an important part of my plans this season.”

Or

”Danny, we had a call. What do you think? I’m easy either way but if you want to leave, I won’t stand in your way”.

Players man, happy camp, good old Tony.

One day we'll get a manager and set of owners who put points before players, pals and 'investments'.......then again probably not.

On Graham it'd be good for him he's not getting any younger and he's served us well but i worry there's a danger he'll switch off if he knows he's off.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Players man, happy camp, good old Tony.

One day we'll get a manager and set of owners who put points before players, pals and 'investments'.......then again probably not.

On Graham it'd be good for him he's not getting any younger and he's served us well but i worry there's a danger he'll switch off if he knows he's off.  

On the evidence of Monday's under 23 match I don't think he'll switch off. His work rate and effort was excellent after he volunteered to play. I also heard him speaking to some of the young players, almost coaching them. In my opinion he's still a fundamental part of the best hope we have of getting results. The new Mowbray way isn't working and Gallagher can't be the focal point of our attacks like Graham is. If Mowbray can't see that he's in the wrong job.

• Like 2

Just now, arbitro said:

On the evidence of Monday's under 23 match I don't think he'll switch off. His work rate and effort was excellent after he volunteered to play. I also heard him speaking to some of the young players, almost coaching them. In my opinion he's still a fundamental part of the best hope we have of getting results. The new Mowbray way isn't working and Gallagher can't be the focal point of our attacks like Graham is. If Mowbray can't see that he's in the wrong job.

When is his contract up ?   Perhaps all this is just the start of building up to trying to get a fresh one it usually starts with this kind of thing in the press.

Never fear anyway Dominic is on the comeback trail !

Just now, tomphil said:

When is his contract up ?   Perhaps all this is just the start of building up to trying to get a fresh one it usually starts with this kind of thing in the press.

Never fear anyway Dominic is on the comeback trail !

I think this seasons deal was triggered by a clause in his last deal so I would assume he only has this season. I don't know if any similar clauses are in the latest contract.

Consider his attitude to Smallwood who refused to play on Monday and I'm told turned down a loan move forwards the end of the window.

• Like 2

I'd certainly keep DG on his rolling contract if he's happy to stay there's a future coach there by the sounds of it and our young strikers certainly need all the help they can get.

As for Smallwood it sounds an odd attitude to fighting for his place and turning the loan down it's looking like a sitting out his nice contract case.

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

If this does happen, it relies on Brereton or Gallagher being adequate replacements as soon as possible. 

Sadly, based on what I’ve seen from them both so far, I’ve got my doubts they can fill this void right away.

Hopefully, this link is nonsense and based on some inaccurate hearsay.

Brereton is out with a serious injury which requires surgery! You couldn't make it up! Not that we'll miss him of course, just pointing out we can't rely on him even if he were any good.

Not the time to get rid of Graham but since he's the best striker we have why get rid of him anyway?

This manager has lost the plot.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

>Club comes in with interest for player

>Manager runs the deal past the player, as is right

>Player seemingly turns it down, looks set to stay, manager has praise for work ethic and hunger said player has shown

>"This manager has lost the plot"

........"You couldn't make it up!"

There's an obvious unstated qualification in my post which is based on reports that Danny is moving to an Australian club.

It doesn't apply if he isn't going!

However, the manager hasn't played him as much this season hence the doubts.He's our best striker but he isn't recognised as such. Manager has history here.