BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tosin

6 hours ago, philipl said:

Surprised Aderabioyo doesn't have his own thread.

Quietly did what he was brought in for today but the system didn't gell.

With Laporte out long term and City Central defense repeatedly vulnerable today, might he be recalled early?

If the rumour that we paid a million pound loan fee is true, recalling him should be a contractual impossibility. At least, without a partial refund.

• Like 1

On 15/09/2019 at 04:41, philipl said:

Surprised Aderabioyo doesn't have his own thread.

Quietly did what he was brought in for today but the system didn't gell.

With Laporte out long term and City Central defense repeatedly vulnerable today, might he be recalled early?

I thought how did he play 35 games for WBA! He’s actually a Rolls Royce centre half. Loves it on the deck. A new system won’t work straight away which is why we should have done our summer business sooner to ensure we gave it a right good go at making it work.

That said different games need different tactics. We need two systems of play 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
53 minutes ago, Rogerb said:

Struggling to think of a better ball playing centre half who has appeared for Rovers in the last fifty years.

Yep, you'd have to go back as far as Mike England. Left us in 1966, so 53 years ago.

Best centre-half I have ever seen and scored a hat-trick at the Turd!

79 last weekend.

Just now, 47er said:

Yep, you'd have to go back as far as Mike England. Left us in 1966, so 53 years ago.

79 last weekend.

He was playing centre forward that day - I was there!

A very fine player. Good cricketer too

I have to admit he didn't really impress me in his first few games but he has shown recently that he has the potential to become a top player. At Stoke I saw him bollocking Dack after a sloppy pass enabled Stoke to get a shot away. That impressed me. At times he looks overly casual in possession but so far he is looking like POTY material.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

79 last weekend.

79!!!  I remember him breaking into the team and replacing one of my all-time favourites in Matt Woods.  What a player Mike England was - a real class act.  I was on the Turf that day when he scored a hat-trick playing at centre-forward.  I also seem to remember him scoring an own goal - I think it was against Forest - from just inside his own half when a pass back to Fred Else went horribly wrong!  Agree with you.  England was the best centre-half I've seen at Ewood.

Tosin is very much in the England mould as a ball-playing centre-half who has that touch of creativity about his passing.  More importantly, he's also looks an excellent defender.

Incredible how many outstanding players we've seen at Ewood in our lifetime.  Not bad for a small town club tucked away in East Lancashire.

• Like 5