BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tosin

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

As good as hes been, I think its a little unfair not to give Lenihan an equal share of the praise. 

I think Lenihan thrives as being the leader, when Adarabioyo played with Williams he looked a different player.  

Funnily enough just before the MOTM was announced I suggested Lenihan. 

Tosin is amazing to watch though, nothing hurries him and it’s as if he has all the time in the world. Fantastic forward passer as well, before he became established I thought that it was an unwritten rule between our centre backs that the first pass on receiving the ball should be to the other centre back. 

8 hours ago, old darwen blue said:

Funnily enough just before the MOTM was announced I suggested Lenihan. 

Tosin is amazing to watch though, nothing hurries him and it’s as if he has all the time in the world. Fantastic forward passer as well, before he became established I thought that it was an unwritten rule between our centre backs that the first pass on receiving the ball should be to the other centre back. 

Yeah Lenihan is the leader, Adarabioyo more cultured but can still head it away and they make a good duo. I think Lenihan would be a bigger miss out of the 2 simply because Adarabioyo and Williams lack that authority.

Im not convinced that Adarabioyo will make it at City, I think thats a stretch even though hes admittedly impressed so far, you look at someone like Stones who has struggled to fill the void with Laporte out and hes miles ahead of Adarabioyo. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say the best we could hope for would be to keep him on loan next season, but being in this division won't help that cause. 

Yeah, you would imagine that if he continues to impress with us, if he is not kept as a squad player at City next season, his next loan would be a bottom half PL team or something.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Judging by Pep's glowing comments on the lad he is clearly on Pep's radar.

How long do we have him?  Season long loan or till January, he will be a loss if it's January.

Season-long deal, thank god.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah Lenihan is the leader, Adarabioyo more cultured but can still head it away and they make a good duo. I think Lenihan would be a bigger miss out of the 2 simply because Adarabioyo and Williams lack that authority.

Im not convinced that Adarabioyo will make it at City, I think thats a stretch even though hes admittedly impressed so far, you look at someone like Stones who has struggled to fill the void with Laporte out and hes miles ahead of Adarabioyo. 

I can't see Tosin making City but a mid table prem team will take him I'm sure. We should make a cheeky 3m bid in Jan but don't think it will happen unfortunately.

I could see Tosin stepping up at City to their first team especially as they are lacking a bit of class at the back since Kompany retired.

Look at how the Chelsea boys have gone from from the Championship to Chelsea automatic picks and England regulars.

Surround Tosin with Champions League players and I bet he wouldn't look out of place.

• Like 1

Just now, philipl said:

I could see Tosin stepping up at City to their first team especially as they are lacking a bit of class at the back since Kompany retired.

Look at how the Chelsea boys have gone from from the Championship to Chelsea automatic picks and England regulars.

Surround Tosin with Champions League players and I bet he wouldn't look out of place.

If he was prem league quality already, let alone CL quality, he wouldn't be here.

17 minutes ago, philipl said:

Doing him and us down.

I dont think that's true. He's a great player, but he's here because prem and CL teams wouldn't take him.

Think a mid/lower  table prem club might take a punt on him next year. But walk into a CL club XI I don't think so.

When has a previous season Champ loane walked into a CL XI? Mason Mounts played a few games but outside of him I'm struggling.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

admitedly tosin is still a bit raw,pep probably thinks he could do with a bit of toughening up in the hustle and bustle of a lower league,on the point of stones being miles ahead,i don`t agree,hes got more experience but i think he`s vastly overrated and in his own mind thinks he`s franco baresi,he`s only in the side because of injuries,city will most likely splash the cash on a new defence next season and he`ll be history

5 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I can't see Tosin making City but a mid table prem team will take him I'm sure. We should make a cheeky 3m bid in Jan but don't think it will happen unfortunately.

3m, ha. We paid a million just to borrow him for a season. Even as raw as he is, you would be talking at least 7 - 10 and City would still be saying no. 

That said, if the venkies/TM wanted a pet project that would almost certainly make them some money, this lad would be it. If only we had say 12 million around (oh we did but spent it all on strikers) and invested in defenders. 

This lad will be a full England international within two seasons if not sooner.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

If he was prem league quality already, let alone CL quality, he wouldn't be here.

Not how it works. I'll grant you he's not CL quality at this stage though, and I think the comments he is ready for City right now are a stretch.

Edited by bluebruce

City are going to finish 3rd, maybe even 4th. They'll probably go on a massive spending spree next summer, the likes we haven't seen for a few years, because they don't have a defence. Otamendi & Stones simply aren't good enough for the "best team in England". I think they'll end up bringing in quite a few defenders, if not next summer, maybe even in January.

I think the chances of a second loan spell are pretty high, especially if we get a decent enough finish and look like we could push for Top 6.

11 hours ago, JoeH said:

City are going to finish 3rd, maybe even 4th. They'll probably go on a massive spending spree next summer, the likes we haven't seen for a few years, because they don't have a defence. Otamendi & Stones simply aren't good enough for the "best team in England". I think they'll end up bringing in quite a few defenders, if not next summer, maybe even in January.

I think the chances of a second loan spell are pretty high, especially if we get a decent enough finish and look like we could push for Top 6.

hoping tosin thinks 1st team football is better than earning a fortune playing in front of 200 every wednesday night and the odd bench appearance