BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tosin

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, LDRover said:

Controversial opinion alert.....I think (as fans) we overrate him and he won't make it at Prem level.

There, I said it.

Still young, so lets see. He has all the attributes so as he develops I think he has a great chance of at least making at Prem level - whether that is at the very top is another thing. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LDRover said:

Controversial opinion alert.....I think (as fans) we overrate him and he won't make it at Prem level.

There, I said it.

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion to be honest. I think to be fair though he could have done with a loan move to a lower end premiership team rather than us to prove he can really make the step up. Such different leagues really. You can see him often getting frustrated with lack of movement from team mates, can't see him having that issue back at City. He's too good for us to put it bluntly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Not sure how you can come to that conclusion to be honest. I think to be fair though he could have done with a loan move to a lower end premiership team rather than us to prove he can really make the step up. Such different leagues really. You can see him often getting frustrated with lack of movement from team mates, can't see him having that issue back at City. He's too good for us to put it bluntly.

I kind of know what you're saying Dave but , and I want this to make sense, I think he's too much of a footballer to play CH. No doubt he has great ability on the ball but I feel positionally he gets caught out, overplays in the wrong areas and is not dominant enough.

I also find it odd that Pep has not blooded him too much in the first team. Especially when you consider they have a central midfielder currently playing in there. We'll see over time though, he is still young.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Still young, so lets see. He has all the attributes so as he develops I think he has a great chance of at least making at Prem level - whether that is at the very top is another thing. 

Personally I think he is playing under the wrong manager to develop those attributes. He can’t tell a defender from his elbow. And he was one!!

The article is actually in this mornings dead tree " Guardian ". The photo accompanying the article is a hoot. A full length photo of Tosin in going out on the town garb. You'd think with all his money he'd have a full length mirror in his house.As my mum used to say " All his taste must be in his mouth ". I shudder to think what his place is like. An  interview with Tina Turner comes to mind. Afterwards the guy who interviewed her at home said " I didn't realise you could spend a million dollars in Woolworths ".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The article is actually in this mornings dead tree " Guardian ". The photo accompanying the article is a hoot. A full length photo of Tosin in going out on the town garb. You'd think with all his money he'd have a full length mirror in his house.As my mum used to say " All his taste must be in his mouth ". I shudder to think what his place is like. An  interview with Tina Turner comes to mind. Afterwards the guy who interviewed her at home said " I didn't realise you could spend a million dollars in Woolworths ".

Blimey, Tyrone, I  can almost see you in The Snug in the other "Rovers", mouthing "Common!"

This lad’s another level than we are used to.

Never gets himself into trouble, he had everyone including the 10ft 30 Stone Nuhiu in his pocket and physically matched but then he carries calmly and passes the ball like a proper top PL player.

Is it the first goal where he takes the piss out of two Sheff Weds attackers, leaves them for dead as he glides past them, then feeds a crisp and accurate attacking pass?

Footballgasm.

He can’t be recalled though can he?

Wouldn’t swap this kid for John Stones.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, philipl said:

‘It’s been reported that the defender is reluctant to extend his stay’ (at city). ?.

When he has legit said he has ambitions to play for them in the PL one day...

His brother is his agent and also his business partner (see companies house) so added incentive to cause mischief and get the best contract possible. It won't be at Rovers so lets not worry about that.

We are down to no Keepers, 2 defenders and extending Bell for a year. Defenders are coming.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

His brother is his agent and also his business partner (see companies house) so added incentive to cause mischief and get the best contract possible. It won't be at Rovers so lets not worry about that.

We are down to no Keepers, 2 defenders and extending Bell for a year. Defenders are coming.

Imagine the scenes if we lined up Nyambe, Lenihan, Mulgrew and Williams as our back four on the opening day next season. The exact same back four that started his very first game at Burton.

• Like 4

Quality on the ball but doesn't make enough of his presence felt at either end far too casual. Won't now be helped by wanting to get through season unscathed for a big move. He's done decent for us probably better than i expected but would much rather we'd signed our own bog standard blood and guts championship defender.

• Like 1