BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Start of the season

After a so so start and a tough start on paper by all accounts how would people have realistically foreseen our opening 7 games and how many points did you think we would have had at this point ? 

Are we on track?

Could do better ?

Or actually better than you thought .

For me it's the latter 

For me looking back I thought

Charlton - 3 points 

Fulham - 0 points

Boro - 1 points

Hull - 1 points

Cardiff -1 points

West Brom - 0 points

Millwall - 3 points 

Edited by DE.
Spelling

I would say its been average. 3 losses in 7 is not that of a top 6 team. We have really picked up after a shocking start however and theres room for cautious optimism.

Defensively we look a different team to last year for the better. 4 clean sheets is very impressive, albeit the sudden glut of goals against at West Brom is a warning that weve always got a collapse in us. Attacking, we look even more impotent with a lack of cutting edge. Dack with 2 in 2 hopefully will be somewhat of a trigger to some more goals.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Top 6 by end of the season..dont get owt for being there now. 3 points off top 6 now after 7 games

Villa were 13th in Feb/March time ending up in 5th spot. 

Im not saying our chance has gone, although I dont think we will get it personally.

You said we are on track, but we are obviously slightly behind.

Well after a fairly tricky start here we are sitting 11th in the table. Over the next 5 fixtures we have some very winnable games and I believe will be the  platform for a very good season.

For the first time yesterday we have scored our first open play goals at home and had our 4th clean sheet in 5, this should give us all reason to be optimistic for the remained of the season.

Onwards and upwards I think this team will only get better.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, philipl said:

We need a minimum of 12 points from this run of 6 games between breaks so good to start with a win.

Exactly and the key word is minimum.

Chaddy well within his creative licence to use the word roughly at this early stage. Some good sides below us who will be up there. 

Important we have consistency and stay on track so the roughly becomes less so.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Husky said:

Won 3, Lost 3, Drawn 1. Goal difference 0. Dead middle of the table (bottom of the top half of the league). You can't get any more stable than that.

We should all rejoice that the stability meter is currently at 100%

I imagine come the end of the season our wins, losses & draws will all be a similar number, our goal difference will be somewhere between 2 & -4 & our league position will be somewhere between 12th & 16th.

• Like 1

On 14/09/2019 at 20:07, roversfan99 said:

I would say its been average. 3 losses in 7 is not that of a top 6 team. We have really picked up after a shocking start however and theres room for cautious optimism.

Defensively we look a different team to last year for the better. 4 clean sheets is very impressive, albeit the sudden glut of goals against at West Brom is a warning that weve always got a collapse in us. Attacking, we look even more impotent with a lack of cutting edge. Dack with 2 in 2 hopefully will be somewhat of a trigger to some more goals.

A "shocking" start ?

3 losses followed by 3 wins. 2 of them losses having come against Fulham and Baggies, teams you would expect to give us a game and both of them away ties.

You really are the king of dramatising. 

21 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

A "shocking" start ?

3 losses followed by 3 wins. 2 of them losses having come against Fulham and Baggies, teams you would expect to give us a game and both of them away ties.

I imagine the shocking start refers to losing the first two games only.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

A "shocking" start ?

We drew at west brom last season and were the best team. Harrison Reed was a star. This season we lose, play poorly and Harrison Reed starting in Fulham’s first team pushing for top 2.

id say that’s going backwards 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

We drew at west brom last season and were the best team. Harrison Reed was a star. This season we lose, play poorly and Harrison Reed starting in Fulham’s first team pushing for top 2.

id say that’s going backwards 

Last season we drew and lost vs Boro. This season we won. I'd say that's going forward.

One game is not evidence we are going backwards or forwards. The proof will be in the pudding and right now we are on track to deliver what's promised despite the pedantic nature of the above posts.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Last season we drew and lost vs Boro. This season we won. I'd say that's going forward.

One game is not evidence we are going backwards or forwards. The proof will be in the pudding and right now we are on track to deliver what's promised despite the pedantic nature of the above posts.

We are mid table mediocrity whilst Mowbray is here and always will be 

• Like 1

How many points did you think we would have had at this point? Maybe one or two less.

Are we on track? Absolutely.

Could do better? Definitely, but so could most teams.

Or actually better than you thought? Yes, we are playing better than I thought.

Broadly on track for me.

10 points from 7 = 1.43 points per game, over the course of the season that puts us on just under 66 points.

That won't get us where we want to be, but it would get us within a couple of results and if the early fixtures have been a bit unkind to us then I think we can say that this is a decent start.

• Like 1