BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

Question is, who is driving? If it is him, should he really be incriminating himself like that ;-0) ?

If he has travelled by car from Germany surely it would be a left hand drive so it appears that the driver took the picture.

14 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Question is, who is driving? If it is him, should he really be incriminating himself like that ;-0) ?

Luca Toni drove him over. Marcus Maddison took the picture. Assombolonga was doing the coffee runs at the service stations 

Edited by Doaksie
  • Like 9

I have a remote bluetooth that can release my iphone shutter button when the phone is on a cradle in the car ..Basicaly placed on either side of the windscreen and used in conjunction with my steering wheel controls i can take a photo hands free..(its called a Mukku shtrr) but i doubt he as this set up but it can work hands free ..

Edited by den9112

36 minutes ago, den9112 said:

I have a remote bluetooth that can release my iphone shutter button when the phone is on a cradle in the car ..Basicaly placed on either side of the windscreen and used in conjunction with my steering wheel controls i can take a photo hands free..(its called a Mukku shtrr) but i doubt he as this set up but it can work hands free ..

my office toilet is referred to as a shttr

• Like 1

From FussballTransfers and Google translate:

"After nearly three months of being unemployed, Lewis Holtby has found a new employer. The midfielder moves to England. Today the medical check-up takes place at the Blackburn Rovers.

What FT already reported exclusively at the beginning of the week is now taking shape. Lewis Holtby joins the English second division Blackburn Rovers. As our editors learned, the left foot completes the medical check for the hour.

Tomorrow all contracts will be signed, the announcement by the Rovers will follow. For Holtby, who owns not only German but also English nationality, Blackburn is after Tottenham Hotspur and FC Fulham the third English club in his Vita.

Holtby, who celebrates his 29th birthday today, announced his departure from Hamburger SV at the end of March. Since then, the search for a new employer is ongoing. Rumors of a change to Besiktas smashed, now it pulls the former Aachener so in the home of his father."

http://www.fussballtransfers.com/ft-kurve/neuer-klub-holtby-im-medizincheck_109176

Edited by Swanson
  • Like 1

Obviously a talented player, i'm just wondering to where TM will play him.

I'm inclined to think that it might mean more of this "split strikers" nonsense with Dack in the "false 9" position.

Travis & Johnson holding, Holtby just ahead of them with a front 3 of Gallagher on the right, Dack in the middle and Downing on the left.

Very worried about this one. Ive seen quite a bit of Lewis Holtby on BT t.v. over the past 3 seasons playing for Hamburg who got relegated from the Bundesliga I and then failed to get promotion back as many Bundesliga II games featuring Hamburg were on t.v. on Sundays. Not terrible by any means but massively underwhelming in a fairly poor team with huge crowds and even bigger expectations. Has scored 14 goals in 127 appearances for Hamburg(as player & on loan). I would say he is an upgraded version of Cory Evans with a better goal-threat.Think he could score 3/4 goals a season in the Championship. Bearing in mind the German leagues are more similar to English leagues than probably French,Spanish or Italian but significantly weaker(except goalies) I believe he would be a competent Championship player. If he is being brought in to replace Dack we have big,big problems and considering our lack of defensive options if any defender gets injured this looks total insanity. 

However, on a low enough wage(I doubt) could be useful.

Edited by harryhealless1928
Cory Evans name wrongly spelt
  • Like 1