BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

11 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Agree with a lot of your comments. I too follow German football and can't remember being blown away by Holtby much the last few seasons.

Not totally against it but it just seems odd timing and he won't be match fit either. When he is it gives the tinker man another option too when he really could do with settling on his first choice 11 by now.

That's my main beef with Mowbray. The team changes every week, sometimes the formation and way of playing changes also. It's been going on almost since he came in. What's the betting there'll be changes from the 11 that started last week against Millwall for this weekends game ?

Meanwhile the dingles have played 4-4-2 almost every game since Dyche came in and if at all possible they pick the same 11.

A team of average Joes who've played together regularly and know exactly what is required of them will beat a team of stars that haven't played together 9 games  out of 10.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Agree with a lot of your comments. I too follow German football and can't remember being blown away by Holtby much the last few seasons.

Not totally against it but it just seems odd timing and he won't be match fit either. When he is it gives the tinker man another option too when he really could do with settling on his first choice 11 by now.

Would rather him be an option than Evans and Smallwood. Creating more strength in depth hopefully

Asked my Spurs-supporting mate about him. Says he is a good player if he's fit, which was why they ended up selling him. A little injury-prone and turned up to a pre-season overweight but was good enough to start for Spurs at the time, when they were an upper mid table team.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's my main beef with Mowbray. The team changes every week, sometimes the formation and way of playing changes also. It's been going on almost since he came in. What's the betting there'll be changes from the 11 that started last week against Millwall for this weekends game ?

Meanwhile the dingles have played 4-4-2 almost every game since Dyche came in and if at all possible they pick the same 11.

A team of average Joes who've played together regularly and know exactly what is required of them will beat a team of stars that haven't played together 9/10  out of 10.

If he'd leave the back line and overall spine of the team alone all season it would help i think but then again he really doesn't know his best side so he keeps it flexible by setting out to stop the different opposition first and foremost.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Tinker man is harsh. He stuck with a side go get us promoted, and is rightfully changing our style go get us to next step. It can’t happen over night. Signs are there that we will be a good side this year.

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

Don't forget that he'll need 6 months in the Under-23s to get back to fitness! And he'll have to prove he deserves a place in the first team ahead of those who got us halfway there last season. :)

You’re forgetting that he’ll also have to prove that he deserves a place in the u23 side after their fantastic season. He’ll probably be ready after a full preseason next August.

2 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

You’re forgetting that he’ll also have to prove that he deserves a place in the u23 side after their fantastic season. He’ll probably be ready after a full preseason next August.

Cunningham came straight into the side though? As has Tosin when hes been fit? And Johnson? And Downing? And Gallagher?

• Like 8

Just now, Rovers1994 said:

Cunningham came straight into the side though? As has Tosin when hes been fit? And Johnson? And Downing? And Gallagher?

Holtby hasn't been training/playing though. I'd expect if he signs today then he'll probably make the bench for Luton, play from the game after and onwards. Depends how fit he's kept himself really.

Just now, Rovers1994 said:

Downing hadn’t started a game in 6 months either, and Gallaghers had more injuries than appearances in the last few seasons.

Well debunked the standard Mowbray Beef anyway. 

• Like 5

Just now, 1864roverite said:

I cant believe we haven't had a post about whether he slept in his pj's and what he had for breakfast !

Did he get the Premier Suite and what's the breakfast like at Stanley House anyone know...... ?

Hopefully he dresses the part before he meets old Tone !

3 minutes ago, Rovers1994 said:

i was just taking the piss, can't believe you didn't realise that! However, if we don't see him this side of Christmas, I reserve the right to claim "I told you so!"

• Like 3

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

His agents posted a story on Instagram outside the training centre; so can't be long now.

Jeez man link us up! I’m no insta-Queen 

63F044C0-AAD2-47DE-B77C-B830355701C2.png

Edited by Harry The Bass
I lied
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Rovers1994 said:

Holtby hasn’t played any football (not even friendlies) since April last year, a little bit different. Mowbray had no choice but to put Cunningham in straight away, Tosin definitely hasn’t come straight in, Downing and Johnson had a full preseason to bed in, Gallagher was here a couple of years ago. What’s your point?