BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

I always thought he was decent at spurs and that level is more than good enough for us.

Has said all the right things. Seems to have matured and turned into a true pro. Hopefully he could be a good influence on our squad. I sometimes fear that we have a bit of a wide boy culture, so adding a serious pro with a good pedigree could be just what we need. 

• Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, yeti-dog said:

Really interesting interview...slightly dodgy accent but seems genuinely excited and looking forward to playing for us. Welcome Lewis!

https://youtu.be/XaEGXbi1s7A

He almost has a very 'northern' kind of attitude. Head down, work hard, have a laugh, loves his Nana.

• Like 1

Just now, yeti-dog said:

Really interesting interview...slightly dodgy accent but seems genuinely excited and looking forward to playing for us. Welcome Lewis!

https://youtu.be/XaEGXbi1s7A

He's German. What did you expect?  I loved his enthusiasm though and the fact that he can speak coherently

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 1

Cracking signing at this stage of the season nice little between windows boost well done TM and all concerned. Hope it's a signing for the right reasons and it works out. More to the point use him in his best position and he'll bring maximum benefit to the team, no shoehorning please.

• Like 3

Mowbray seems genuinely delighted and surprised we have signed him.....which means either a) Venkys have gone big on his wages/sign on fee b) he is taking a hit to join a club where he's wanted and sees some opportunity

In either scenario it's great to sign a player with some pedigree that has generated excitement amongst the fanbase. Fans of other clubs are also overwhelmingly jealous! Brilliant!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Mowbray seems genuinely delighted and surprised we have signed him.....which means either a) Venkys have gone big on his wages/sign on fee b) he is taking a hit to join a club where he's wanted and sees some opportunity

In either scenario it's great to sign a player with some pedigree that has generated excitement amongst the fanbase. Fans of other clubs are also overwhelmingly jealous! Brilliant!

His alternatives didn't sound amazing.

China where he would make a heap of cash but that's literally it.

Turkey where he would get borderline assaulted every game and I doubt the wages offered were massive.

Not sure if there was anything else on the table but we're the more attractive proposition even if it's for less brass.

Just now, booth said:

Maybe I'm being greedy but it'd be nice if at some point Tony could get a striker in on the same level, someone who knows where the net is.

We're a striker and a right-back away from having a decent side. Could do with another CB too but beggars can't be choosers.

• Like 3

Yeah but he's lived in Germany more than in England, certainly recently. My grandkids are half German too and living there means they have their mum's English vocabulary and phrases but slightly odd sounding English speech at times

Edited by gumboots
  • Like 2

Honestly I've not been this pleased with a signing since Brett Emerton and (later) Benni McCarthy.

I was going to say "excited", but I'm a grown man now and no longer care anywhere near as much as I did 16 & 13 years ago, and we're also no longer a European chasing Premier League team.

But I'm as excited as I'm going to get.

Cracking interview too! Already has a chant and will become an instant fan favourite I'm sure! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

His alternatives didn't sound amazing.

China where he would make a heap of cash but that's literally it.

Turkey where he would get borderline assaulted every game and I doubt the wages offered were massive.

Not sure if there was anything else on the table but we're the more attractive proposition even if it's for less brass.

I'd say Besiktas and the chance to play European football in front of 40k people would be a significantly bigger draw than us at the moment, on paper at least. Let's hope that means he feels we've a chance to go up, although I think coming back 'home' to England would have been a big factor in his decision. What is strange is that no other English clubs were in for him.

Edited by danger19_80
  • Like 1