BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

3 hours ago, sabino said:

Bennett was very good against Millwall, and it was his cross, and a good one at that, which led to the 1st goal.

But we are stuck with Bennett haters. A guy behind me in BBE actually cheered when he went down injured and shouted for him to get off. He also boos when his name is mentioned at the start!

Watch these limited highlights. It even looks like a Bennett masterclass. ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyHcCPySlVY

I don’t hate Bennett, far from it.  I just think he’s a rotten right back and I’ve seen too many over hit crosses over the last couple of seasons to know that we must have better in the ranks.  I think it’s holding us back to a certain extent. Good managers will target this weakness over the 46 games.

He is a good lad Benno, but not starting  

• Like 6

3 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Do people think Holtby will be in the squad this weekend?

No. Tony has said, even though his fitness is ok, he won't be in the squad at Reading. He will, more than likely, be in the squad for the home game against Luton Town. 

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Any signing that adds a touch of quality to our squad is welcome.

The lad seems to have a bit of pedigree and potential but can the potential be realised or will he turn out to be another Armstrong, Brereton, Gallagher, Chapman etc.

It's also time Mowbray showed a touch of ruthlessness and carried out a 'cull' - it's not as though there are insufficient candidates!

Big questions are can Mowbray establish a stable formation, a pattern of play and settle on his best starting eleven without having umpteen square pegs hammered into round holes.  

Mowbray has been backed heavily in the transfer market.  There can be no excuses from him

Is there such a thing as unrealised potential at 29yo?

A signing like this can be the difference between top 10 and top 6. Personally I’m excited to see him in action. 

Hopefully we see a strong reaction from the players this weekend as well. Rothwell, Dack, Armstrong, Buckley, Downing will all need to be at their best to give TM a selection headache.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Is there such a thing as unrealised potential at 29yo?

Try Adu, Bendtner, Bentley, Christanval etc who all shone brightly for a while before fading into obscurity in their late twenties.  

On 18/09/2019 at 23:39, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's my main beef with Mowbray. The team changes every week, sometimes the formation and way of playing changes also. It's been going on almost since he came in. What's the betting there'll be changes from the 11 that started last week against Millwall for this weekends game ?

Meanwhile the dingles have played 4-4-2 almost every game since Dyche came in and if at all possible they pick the same 11.

A team of average Joes who've played together regularly and know exactly what is required of them will beat a team of stars that haven't played together 9 games  out of 10.

This is proven to be the best way to success for most clubs ( including all those with limited resources).

Edited by MCMC1875

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

This is proven to be the best way to success for clubs with limited resources.

I wouldnt even say thats limited to clubs with limited resources. By far the top 2 clubs in the country also play the same way every week. 433, everyone knows their role. Even when City get a couple of injuries, Fernandinho slipped back into CB in midweek effortlessly. You look at Liverpool, theyve got Henderson, Milner and Fabinho for tougher games, and the likes of Chamberlain and Wijnaldum for games they expect to dominate.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2019 at 19:55, Sparks Rover said:

I don’t hate Bennett, far from it.  I just think he’s a rotten right back and I’ve seen too many over hit crosses over the last couple of seasons to know that we must have better in the ranks.  I think it’s holding us back to a certain extent. Good managers will target this weakness over the 46 games.

I don't really think Benno is a long term RB solution, but if you look at his record there vs Nyambe's record there ( who I also like ) it's not contest.

Bennett is a better passer of the ball, a better crosser, a better shooter and has a lot more experience. Nyambe's not got much besides pace on Benno, and whilst I agree he isn't perfect, our goals against tally with Bennett in the side vs Nyambe in recent years, shows that he's the better option.

JRC, another great young player, isn't really an out and out right back, and including those three, and maybe Charley Doyle in the academy at a push, I don't see who's as good as him.

Edited by JoeHarvey

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

I don't really think Benno is a long term RB solution, but if you look at his record there vs Nyambe's record there ( who I also like ) it's not contest.

Bennett is a better passer of the ball, a better crosser, a better shooter and has a lot more experience. Nyambe's not got much besides pace on Benno, and whilst I agree he isn't perfect, our goals against tally with Bennett in the side vs Nyambe in recent years, shows that he's the better option.

JRC, another great young player, isn't really an out and out right back, and including those three, and maybe Charley Doyle in the academy at a push, I don't see who's as good as him.

Yeah you’re r right, Benno is a better defender than Nyambe.....?

Edited by Sparks Rover

9 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

If I was a championship winger I'd rather play against Bennett than Nyambe. Just saying.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If I was a championship winger I'd rather play against Bennett than Nyambe. Just saying.

I wouldn't. Just go back and watch some of Nyambe's defending last season - PNE away a classic example.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Lenihan was crap in that game also, would you drop him ? Nobody played well that day.

At many MANY points last season I'd have dropped Lenihan, but our lack of options there made that impossible. There's so many examples from the past three seasons of Nyambe's poor defending. He's got good pace, but his positioning and defensive awareness isn't there for full back. Looks much better at centre back for me.

Just now, RoversClitheroe said:

You see any of Bennett last season? And start of this season? Nyambe miles better

Bennett has been decent this season, and whilst Nyambe is nice and fast, he's not got the defensive awareness to play RB for us.

Look at our clean sheet and win ratio's with Bennet vs Nyambe in the side and I bet Bennett comes out on top.

Elliott Bennett:
Ariel Duels Won Per Game - 1.9
Successful Dribbles Per Game - 0.5
Shots (on or off target) in 2018/19 - 35
Successful Tackles Per Game - 2.8
Key Interceptions Per Game - 1.3
Clearances Per Game - 1.8
Unsuccessful Touches Per Game - 1.2
Successful Passes in 2018/19 - 1063
Goal Assists in 2018/19 - 3
Goals in 2018/19 - 1

Ryan Nyambe: 
Ariel Duels Won Per Game - 1.4
Successful Dribbles Per Game - 1.1
Shots (on or off target) in 2018/19 - 2
Successful Tackles Per Game - 1.6
Key Interceptions Per Game - 0.8
Clearances Per Game - 1.7
Unsuccessful Touches Per Game - 1.6
Successful Passes in 2018/19 - 633
Goal Assists in 2018/19 - 0
Goals in 2018/19 - 0

So with all this in mind, is anyone going to sit here still and say that Ryan Nyambe is a better Right Back than Elliott Bennett?
He literally beats him in one area. All stats can be checked for yourself on the 'WhoScored' website.

2018/19 Clean sheet record as a percentage of games played vs clean sheets achieved = 24% for Ryan Nyambe and 28% for Elliott Bennet also***

Edited by JoeHarvey

On 20/09/2019 at 19:55, Sparks Rover said:

Please see post above.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Elliott Bennett:
Ariel Duels Won Per Game - 1.9
Successful Dribbles Per Game - 0.5
Shots (on or off target) in 2018/19 - 35
Successful Tackles Per Game - 2.8
Key Interceptions Per Game - 1.3
Clearances Per Game - 1.8
Unsuccessful Touches Per Game - 1.2
Successful Passes in 2018/19 - 1063
Goal Assists in 2018/19 - 3
Goals in 2018/19 - 1

Ryan Nyambe: 
Ariel Duels Won Per Game - 1.4
Successful Dribbles Per Game - 1.1
Shots (on or off target) in 2018/19 - 2
Successful Tackles Per Game - 1.6
Key Interceptions Per Game - 0.8
Clearances Per Game - 1.7
Unsuccessful Touches Per Game - 1.6
Successful Passes in 2018/19 - 633
Goal Assists in 2018/19 - 0
Goals in 2018/19 - 0

So with all this in mind, is anyone going to sit here still and say that Ryan Nyambe is a better Right Back than Elliott Bennett?
He literally beats him in one area. All stats can be checked for yourself on the 'WhoScored' website.

I will