BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

On 01/05/2021 at 17:52, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Show pony for me. The new Per Frandsen. 

I disagree Tyrone. Earlier in the season when we actually looked a decent team, Holtby was at the fulcrum of most of our positive moves. I even thought of comparisons with Tugay.

Then Covid hit and 'tombola Tony' waved his wand. I'm not surprised the lad was brassed off and couldn't wait to get the hell out of here. 

It would take some serious 'golden handcuffs' to keep me at the club given the crass mismanagement evident for all to see.

• Like 3

He

10 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Hamburg were undoubtedly a big club 40 years ago but now they are firmly 2nd tier club. Brereton came from Forest who were also a big club 40 years ago it has no relevance to today.

What we do know about Holtby is that he was injury prone, when he was on the pitch he didn't have the legs and was often anonymous. The only times Holtby looked any good was when he was playing against 10 men.

They certainly peaked about forty years ago. You're right. But they are the eighth best supported club in world football by attendance.

https://talksport.com/football/525568/top-50-average-football-attendances-in-the-world-in-the-last-five-years-including-manchester-united-barcelona-and-borussia-dortmund/

I enjoyed watching Holtby. Even if he was underwhelming at times. That pass for us to score right at the end of the game at home against Stoke I think when they were playing for time and conceded a free kick was class. Or that pirouette past two players on the edge of the box on his debut.

Met him once. He's tiny.

On Holtby he's certainly got talent and can put in a cracking performance but far too injury prone and inconsistent. 

Problem is that both criticisms can be leveled at too many of our other players too for it to be coincidence. Which means we are either appalling at recruiting or not getting enough consistency out of players. Either way it's a managerial failing. 

1 hour ago, JacknOry said:

Reeks of giving a mate a job tbh. Does he even have any coaching badges? Seems ilke Tm just like shaving him around. They are taking the piss out of us.

Yeah it seems we've been paying him whilst he's been taking them allegedly.

Good old generous Tone again.

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

More absolute nonsense being lapped up without so much as a murmur of dissent by the local media.

Wasn't having a go at you chaddy, I know you were only relaying the story

• Like 2