Jump to content
JoeH

Lewis Holtby

Recommended Posts

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Nuttall? Hasn’t he been sold?

would feel for the other Lewis, if Travis loses his place due to Lewis signing on today

Sorry, meant Rothwell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jim mk2 said:

But then where do you fit in Holtby, Travis, Nuttall, Buckley and Davenport (when he's available) - and not forgetting Evans and Smallwood?

Hopefully that is kind of the point. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fourth fittest in the squad after training with a fourth tier German team? Makes you wonder what the rest of the squad have been up to!

Be interesting to see where he plays and when, certainly seems a character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought he was decent at spurs and that level is more than good enough for us.

Has said all the right things. Seems to have matured and turned into a true pro. Hopefully he could be a good influence on our squad. I sometimes fear that we have a bit of a wide boy culture, so adding a serious pro with a good pedigree could be just what we need. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yeti-dog said:

Really interesting interview...slightly dodgy accent but seems genuinely excited and looking forward to playing for us. Welcome Lewis!

https://youtu.be/XaEGXbi1s7A

He almost has a very 'northern' kind of attitude. Head down, work hard, have a laugh, loves his Nana.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, yeti-dog said:

Really interesting interview...slightly dodgy accent but seems genuinely excited and looking forward to playing for us. Welcome Lewis!

https://youtu.be/XaEGXbi1s7A

He's German. What did you expect?  I loved his enthusiasm though and the fact that he can speak coherently

Edited by gumboots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cracking signing at this stage of the season nice little between windows boost well done TM and all concerned. Hope it's a signing for the right reasons and it works out. More to the point use him in his best position and he'll bring maximum benefit to the team, no shoehorning please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mowbray seems genuinely delighted and surprised we have signed him.....which means either a) Venkys have gone big on his wages/sign on fee b) he is taking a hit to join a club where he's wanted and sees some opportunity

In either scenario it's great to sign a player with some pedigree that has generated excitement amongst the fanbase. Fans of other clubs are also overwhelmingly jealous! Brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Trinidad Rover said:

Mowbray seems genuinely delighted and surprised we have signed him.....which means either a) Venkys have gone big on his wages/sign on fee b) he is taking a hit to join a club where he's wanted and sees some opportunity

In either scenario it's great to sign a player with some pedigree that has generated excitement amongst the fanbase. Fans of other clubs are also overwhelmingly jealous! Brilliant!

His alternatives didn't sound amazing.

China where he would make a heap of cash but that's literally it.

Turkey where he would get borderline assaulted every game and I doubt the wages offered were massive.

Not sure if there was anything else on the table but we're the more attractive proposition even if it's for less brass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I'm being greedy but it'd be nice if at some point Tony could get a striker in on the same level, someone who knows where the net is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, booth said:

Maybe I'm being greedy but it'd be nice if at some point Tony could get a striker in on the same level, someone who knows where the net is.

We're a striker and a right-back away from having a decent side. Could do with another CB too but beggars can't be choosers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amo said:

We're a striker and a right-back away from having a decent side. Could do with another CB too but beggars can't be choosers.

Personally I think we already have a decent side.They just need to be played in their best positions 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gumboots said:

He's German. What did you expect?  I loved his enthusiasm though and the fact that he can speak coherently

I know - I was being facetious, although I think he describes himself as being half-English. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah but he's lived in Germany more than in England, certainly recently. My grandkids are half German too and living there means they have their mum's English vocabulary and phrases but slightly odd sounding English speech at times

Edited by gumboots

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He seems to have done a decent amount of research on the clubs personnel and history. It was a very impressive first interview without the usual cliches, and as good as any I can recall by a new signing. Let’s hope he’s just as impressive in a blue and white shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I've not been this pleased with a signing since Brett Emerton and (later) Benni McCarthy.

I was going to say "excited", but I'm a grown man now and no longer care anywhere near as much as I did 16 & 13 years ago, and we're also no longer a European chasing Premier League team.

But I'm as excited as I'm going to get.

Cracking interview too! Already has a chant and will become an instant fan favourite I'm sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ossydave said:

His alternatives didn't sound amazing.

China where he would make a heap of cash but that's literally it.

Turkey where he would get borderline assaulted every game and I doubt the wages offered were massive.

Not sure if there was anything else on the table but we're the more attractive proposition even if it's for less brass.

I'd say Besiktas and the chance to play European football in front of 40k people would be a significantly bigger draw than us at the moment, on paper at least. Let's hope that means he feels we've a chance to go up, although I think coming back 'home' to England would have been a big factor in his decision. What is strange is that no other English clubs were in for him.

Edited by danger19_80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I am excited about this transfer , think he is better than anything we could of dreamt of back in June 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Potential too be signing of the season in the Championship, if we can get this lad back near his best we will have a player on our hands. Really excited about this. Welcome Lewis 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.