BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Lewis Holtby

On 28/09/2019 at 05:40, davulsukur said:

Not sure either Benno or Nyambe are that great.

I agree---is this what we have been reduced to? Arguing over which of the 2 players is worse?

With a decent defence we wouldn't be giving a thought to either of them. 

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

I can’t remember Gallagher making an effective header. I’d say he is poor at them.

Agreed and surprised anyone sees it any other way. He wins a lot because he's playing against midget left backs. Put him in the box and he doesn't attack headers whatsoever. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

What's up with him? We really need him back to cover for Dack. Also I have vague hopes he might score a few.

I posted this in another thread a few days ago, but he's constantly posting 'stories' on his Instagram of ice baths and rehabilitation boots. It doesn't look as though his body can cope with the rigours of Saturday-Tues/Weds football, while he's also prone to injuries. Both of these reasons explain why he's here, IMO.

• Like 2

They said in the first week of his arrival that his fitness levels were already up there as the best at the club.

Now he's come to England and struggling according to Mowbray?

Something doesn't really add up and suggests we may have been sold a crock.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

They said in the first week of his arrival that his fitness levels were already up there as the best at the club.

Yes i remember that too - he was the 4th fittest out of the entire squad I remember reading.

When are we going to sign a player that actually gets you out of your seat the first time you see him play ?  I remember watching Bohinen for the first time and thinking " What a player " ditto Berkovic. Going back before those two, seeing Alan Wright for the first time and thinking before the game  " Bloody hell, he's tiny ". 90 minutes later thinking " That's what I call a left full back ".

Several of Mowbray's signings have come with fairly big reputations and they've not lived up to them. So far Holtby is one of them.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When are we going to sign a player that actually gets you out of your seat the first time you see him play ?  I remember watching Bohinen for the first time and thinking " What a player " ditto Berkovic. Going back before those two, seeing Alan Wright for the first time and thinking before the game  " Bloody hell, he's tiny ". 90 minutes later thinking " That's what I call a left full back.

I know it was only league one, but it was probably Chapman for me.

It had felt like an age since the last time I saw someone come on and sprint past people at pace and have a half decent final ball too.

Unfortunately I can't see that Chapman producing the goods here, injuries and Mowbray have put pay to that.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I know it was only league one, but it was probably Chapman for me.

It had felt like an age since the last time I saw someone come on and sprint past people at pace and have a half decent final ball too.

Unfortunately I can't see that Chapman producing the goods here, injuries and Mowbray have put pay to that.

Yes, he'd an immediate impact, if only coming off the bench. Then you think of all the other signings that have just induced a feeling of " He's pretty ordinary ".

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, he'd an immediate impact, if only coming off the bench. Then you think of all the other signings that have just induced a feeling of " He's pretty ordinary ".

Nice lads though. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ossydave said:

I think it says it all about our training methods and general fitness.  The players clearly aren't fit. That's why games end with a whimper and we can't cope when teams go for us.

11 hours ago, Pedro said:

I think it says it all about our training methods and general fitness.  The players clearly aren't fit. That's why games end with a whimper and we can't cope when teams go for us.

We're not in the right shape physically or mentally. Not just the players but the whole set up. The film I saw of our training left me with the impression that it's all very cosy, everything is done for them they're being spoon fed to the nth degree. Not enough is being demanded of players in terms of real effort and commitment.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...