BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rugby World Cup Japan 2019

No thread, but here's a starter :

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-18/tonga-delights-passengers-with-singing-at-rugby-world-cup/11524860

click on the first photo for the inflight entertaiment.

Would have loved to have been on that flight.

The south sea nations are incredibly proud and humble peoples.

Be interesting to see the outcome of this tournament

Cant wait. I've got more and more into rugby over the last few years. Just hope the All Blacks dont dominate as they have done over the last few years, although I'd take a final like the cricket world cup as long as we beat them in the end. Looking forward to seeing how Curry performs for England, and de Klerk for SA as I watch them regularly at Sale. 

Matt, If you think England have "big" runners, check out the Fijians.

Huge, is an apt description.

If they could last the 80 then they'd be world beaters.

They are entertaining though, play with flair and not frightened to throw the ball about.

If you get the chance, check out their first half v the Aussies.

1 hour ago, dave birch said:

Matt, If you think England have "big" runners, check out the Fijians.

Huge, is an apt description.

If they could last the 80 then they'd be world beaters.

They are entertaining though, play with flair and not frightened to throw the ball about.

If you get the chance, check out their first half v the Aussies.

If they could stop their players playing for other countries as well. Every big name team has at least one Fijian in their squad.

3 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

If they could stop their players playing for other countries as well. Every big name team has at least one Fijian in their squad.

This is true. Today alone Australia had Naisarani, kerrvi and koroibete. New Zealand had Reece all eligible to play for Fiji. Plus we have cokanasiga

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I watched the Argentina V England game this morning. Much as I'd love us to win it I just think we'll fall short. Too many needless penalties and dropped balls. I hope I'm wrong.

I was disappointed how sloppy and unprofessional England were during the closing stages against the USA. Especially not just kicking the ball out with time up and the shut out in the bag.

When it comes down to the crunch this type of sloppiness could end up costing.

Edited by Husky
  • Like 1

Just watched the England v Argentina.

Can’t see England winning this tournament on that performance. Far too complacent. Got the bp win then went right off the boil. Not much creativity in the attack, no offloads (New Zealand particularly are playing a different game in that regard) and then silly errors. 

The argies are always frustrating to play against. They just kick all day long and let the forwards do 90% of the work. But they inevitably run out of steam. Looked like the forwards had enough on 30 mins.

As a side note I really dislike Nigel Owens he’s such an arrogant bugger. Relishes the spotlight on him. If he’s officiating a game he’s somehow always centre of attention. Strutting round theocratically  flailing his arms around for decisions like he’s auditioning for a west end show. Then dishing out monologues of advice to players. Pundits constantly reference him as one of the best refs yet simultaneously pick apart his decisions. But aside from "no complaint from me with that tackle” when Farrell was taken out he wasn’t overtly biased against England which is the first time I can say that about him. 

Also caught bit of New Zealand. I know it way only vs Namibia but New Zealand are totally different gravy. Some of the offloads as they had been tackled were phenomenal.

Clearly England can’t compete with them in that regard like asking a Sam Allardyce team to beat Barcelona playing total football. But going forward it would be great if we could somehow drill that ball handling talent into our young players then have us replicate it at the top level.

• Backroom

Really hope they can somehow get the Scotland Japan game played.

Would be a real shame if a team was sent home without getting a chance to fight for it on the pitch.

And it's also a cracking contest I want to view over the weekend with all decent football off. 

Feel bad for Italy as well. It was going to be Sergio Parisse's last game. And also Gharaldini was going to have a 20 min cameo after a 15 year career and spent months rehabbing for that moment.

Think it would be hilarious for Scotland to be dumped out because of a typhoon (haggis ? didn’t know that’s what they’d called it) but would much prefer to see them choke on the pitch. 

10 hours ago, philipl said:

Looks like the Scotland game is going ahead.

I watched the first half. Japan were brilliant, their running and passing was unbelievably good. Then you get our lot dropping the ball all over the place and blaming the ball, the pitch, the weather etc. The Japanese had no problems inspite of moving the ball at breakneck speed. Some of their backs would be perfect for Rugby League.