BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rugby World Cup Japan 2019

As an Englishman living in Scotland it doesn't get any better than this.....

Scotland threaten legal action against World Rugby for being forced to humiliate themselves against Japan

https://newsthump.com/2019/10/13/scotland-threaten-legal-action-against-world-rugby-for-being-forced-to-humiliate-themselves-against-japan/?fbclid=IwAR1RCmqahu7R_OviFrAOmQkKQhDQFjtzNxfSiN_rFfNheB7QatihF8PkpME

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

As an Englishman living in Scotland it doesn't get any better than this.....

Scotland threaten legal action against World Rugby for being forced to humiliate themselves against Japan

https://newsthump.com/2019/10/13/scotland-threaten-legal-action-against-world-rugby-for-being-forced-to-humiliate-themselves-against-japan/?fbclid=IwAR1RCmqahu7R_OviFrAOmQkKQhDQFjtzNxfSiN_rFfNheB7QatihF8PkpME

From what I saw I don't think Scotland played that badly at all. Japan were just too good for them on the day. No humiliation there. Playing like that Japan would give anybody a game.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

From what I saw I don't think Scotland played that badly at all. Japan were just too good for them on the day. No humiliation there. Playing like that Japan would give anybody a game.

I don't think too many Scots see it like that mate to be honest. And had it been England on the receiving end of that scoreline the jocks would have been all over us (which is the real point here to be honest). They had street parties in Glasgow when England lost the football world cup semi final last year (no kidding, they really did!)

5 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I don't think too many Scots see it like that mate to be honest. And had it been England on the receiving end of that scoreline the jocks would have been all over us (which is the real point here to be honest). They had street parties in Glasgow when England lost the football world cup semi final last year (no kidding, they really did!)

I don't mind seeing them lose at all but I don't think they played badly yesterday.

• Like 1

This made me laugh:  

Wow what a game! 
A country and a language that very few people understand. They even receive criticism for what they eat and their strange dress code!!! A country and its population that has been battered by the extreme weather conditions. A nation not known for its rugby...
and now they have lost to Japan!

• Like 3

In spite England being favourites to win by 9 + points I've got a horrible feeling the cons are going to win.

If we can get in their heads we might be ok. Their discipline has been terrible all tournament. Averaging something like 12 penalties against them so far. But of course a red card can easily happen and turn everything on its head in this day and age. I worry about Tuilangi in that regard.

No Ford either. But he’s picked the midfield I'd have gone for. It's more robust, which you need when you've got kerevi running down the 10-12 channel. And I think ford is much better when we're on the front foot. 

All too easy in the end for England. 9 wins from last 10 vs Australia. They're lacking leaders. They've only got Hooper and pocock really who can provide leadership. Sinkler had a barnstorming half in the face of childish attempts to wind him up.

I often criticise referees vs England but fair dos to that Frenchman. The TMO guy: “I’m happy with both passes. That is not clearly forward play on.“ “Non. For me a clear forward pass”. In other words pipe down dick head it was clearly forward. Not that would have impacted on the result.
Only caught a bit of New Zealand vs Ireland before the debacle at ewood but they look a class above. Will take a Herculean effort to compete with them. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I often criticise referees vs England but fair dos to that Frenchman. The TMO guy: “I’m happy with both passes. That is not clearly forward play on.“ “Non. For me a clear forward pass”. In other words pipe down dick head it was clearly forward. Not that would have impacted on the result.

Great bit of refereeing. Not just because the decision went for us, but because it was correct.

Could see from 1st replay it was forward. What the hell was the video ref looking at? 

Maybe he had some money riding on the spread betting. 

Thought England were superb.  strong, pacy where it matters, strong in defence. Pretty flawless to be honest.

Australia pretty much second best all over the pitch.

play ‘em again, we’d beat ‘em again. ?

nice to be able to say that.

Wales can count themselves lucky. If it wasn't for that card they wouldn't have edged in front. You couldn't get a more French performance than this. Some brilliance, some terrible decisions, some basic errors.

Wales have been nowhere near as good today. But if it was against england, they'd be out of the traps like greyhounds. Really galls me.