BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rugby World Cup Japan 2019

We've beaten the World Champions in the semi-final with them being allowed to pass the ball forward as well as back and having the TMO on their side. I think It's England's greatest ever Rugby performance.

As a side note - Hell, I can't believe it's been 24 years since Lomu steamed us that time.

• Like 1

Just now, Husky said:

We've beaten the World Champions in the semi-final with them being allowed to pass the ball forward as well as back and having the TMO on their side. I think It's England's greatest ever Rugby performance.

As a side note - Hell, I can't believe it's been 24 years since Lomu steamed us that time.

I think it must be best ever performance as well. Absolutely destroyed New Zealand.

superb.

1 minute ago, Husky said:

I genuinely think one of the great England performances across all sports. Still stunned over that result. Comprehensively beat a very very good all black team. Who as you said were allowed to play onside or offside, pass the ball forward or backward and let’s say a generous TMO.

• Like 1

The all blacks forwards were poor. Line outs lost, ball turned over too many times, slow at the breakdown and no counter rucking. The 2 former points were ironically how they thought we would lose.

Reid and Whitelock looked lost and the latter broke with that shove on Farrell's face. But it all came from England pressure. The line speed was immense and it was struggle from them to get over the gain line.

They won't have been used to a team coming at them like that in the tackle. England totally rattled them. We didn't have to defend our try line once. Just a breakdown in communications in the line out.

Unfathomably impressive against the all blacks. First time in 28 years they were 0 at ht and they were lucky not to be 0 at the end. England could easily have had another 20 points. 

• Like 1

I think England are the best team left and out of South Africa and Wales I think South Africa are the better side but I genuinely think the Welsh would beat us. They seem to have a way of winding us up, chirping in the refs ear and we give away penalties. 

Plus if the worst was to happen and England lost I couldn’t stomach wales as World Cup winners. 

• Like 1

I think SA would be a more exciting match than Wales. The Welsh are niggly and difficult to play against. Would be a feast of Sale players on show too, so I wouldn't feel as disappointed if England lost as I would if we lost to the Welsh, although if we can find a performance like yesterday's we wont lose to either of them. Tom Curry has been immense for England so far. 

I watched the 3rd and 4th place game this morning. New Zealand won comfortably against Wales without ever really hitting top form. They made several mistakes with the ball simply by over playing their hand. Two line outs in really good attacking positions in the Wales 25 were blown because they were overthrown into no mans land. That's not like the Kiwis of old. Could be that they're not what they were years ago.

Looking forward to tomorrow's match. Come on England.

• Like 2