BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading (A)

Rovers' win by two goal margin.  What's the doubt?

We are playing a team in 17th place, 3 points behind us and who've lost their last two games.  Keep saying it but reading posts on here would make you think we are playing Barca, City and Liverpool rolled into one!

For fecks sake, if we can't go to Reading with confidence and come away with something then it's time a supermarket was built on Ewood.

• Like 1

I think this match will be a very hatd one i know they are below on table but they have enough quality on squad and bench so i don't spect an easy match as some of you pals...

I think we have good chances of we can cut their game constantly and we focuson rules the miedfield...something thst we have been done since the beginning of this campaign.

I'm specting a victory for 1-0 but even a drawn wpuld be good enough causeto visit theyv s always complicated.

#COYBBR 

#ImRoversTillIDie 

#TheMexicanRover 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Somewhere on a Reading forum, member MercerRoyal is saying:-

"You'd think we were playing the Northern Real Madrid listening to you lot. We are playing a team who are only 3 points for in front of us because they beat a piss poor Millwall side at home  They only drew with Cardiff, who we played off the pitch, and have had a shocking away record every season they've been in this league recently. If we can't beat this team, managed by a football dinosaur, then it's time to knock the Madjeski down and build a skate park on it. I'm going for a 3-0 win and will be toasting my winnings with a nice bottle of red come Saturday evening."

I hope this is the attitude of the Reading players and manager 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Rovers' win by two goal margin.  What's the doubt?

We are playing a team in 17th place, 3 points behind us and who've lost their last two games.  Keep saying it but reading posts on here would make you think we are playing Barca, City and Liverpool rolled into one!

For fecks sake, if we can't go to Reading with confidence and come away with something then it's time a supermarket was built on Ewood.

Now there is a surprise.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Somewhere on a Reading forum, member MercerRoyal is saying:-

"You'd think we were playing the Northern Real Madrid listening to you lot. We are playing a team who are only 3 points for in front of us because they beat a piss poor Millwall side at home  They only drew with Cardiff, who we played off the pitch, and have had a shocking away record every season they've been in this league recently. If we can't beat this team, managed by a football dinosaur, then it's time to knock the Madjeski down and build a skate park on it. I'm going for a 3-0 win and will be toasting my winnings with a nice bottle of red come Saturday evening."

Wow they have their very own Mercer how funny is that.

Oh wait, you made it up?  Hey I just woke up.

Edited by USABlue
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, @roverseas said:

What a crazy week its been for Rovers, picked up a decent result against Millwall, picked up a cheeky wee signing in Lewis Holtby and now to wrap it up on the weekend against Reading.  Build up starts here… 

Be sure to check out some fan input:

Reading fan –
The Mexican Rover –

Well done, The Mexican Rover  :rover:

• Like 1

Last season we turned up at Reading on a Tuesday night with a 2nd string side as Mowbray wanted to focus on the Saturday game v Middlesbrough. Reading were there for the taking yet registered something like their 3rd win in 20 odd because we approached it in a cavalier manner. We also lost v Middlesbrough. 

I'd like us to go with our best team, whatever that is , and try to beat them.

We won't get near the top six aiming for a draw at Reading

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Last season we turned up at Reading on a Tuesday night with a 2nd string side as Mowbray wanted to focus on the Saturday game v Middlesbrough. Reading were there for the taking yet registered something like their 3rd win in 20 odd because we approached it in a cavalier manner. We also lost v Middlesbrough. 

I'd like us to go with our best team, whatever that is , and try to beat them.

We won't get near the top six aiming for a draw at Reading

That was one of the low points of the season for me. Reading were arguably the worst side in the Championship last season and we only took one point against them. Mowbray should take the brakes off for this game and get at them from the start. Somehow though I don't think he will.

If anybody is planning on going I have a couple of spare seats in my car and will be leaving around 9.30. Please PM if you are interested.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Online allocation probably sold out, they don't tend to put on many on there at once.

Just ring them up, there will be loads left. Think they go off sale at 3pm, then they are also on sale at the game tomorrow.

Are they on sale at the game? R u sure and will the tickets be the same price? I might aswell give the office a call later on thou.

Thanks a lot

Feeling positive about this. A few good performances under our belt now, team seems to be taking shape, brilliant depth in midfield and up front and a new signing that should up everyones levels.

We have a real chance with this next run of games to get ourselves up the table. 

I wonder whether he will go with the 3 at the back system again. It's going to be hard playing all 3 centre backs at a time, unless he's planning on giving the academy lads more of a shout or sees Nyambe as capable of stepping in as a wide centre back.