BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading (A)

Just now, Swanson said:

Really don't understand why he starts regulary? Rarely no end product from him. I thought when a team plays with a lone striker, that striker is supposed to be someone who can win headers and hold on to the ball.

Hes one of Mowbrays favourites. He was good in league 1. Like the crabs he is way out of his depth in this league. He may have the odd game but we have to have better up top. 

Hope he proves me wrong but this constant chopping and changing isn’t going to work - certainly not over the course of the season. He’s over thinking yet again. He talked this week about the ‘old adage of an unchanged team’...it’s not old Tony - plenty of successful teams plump for consistency in both their lineup and style.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Hes one of Mowbrays favourites. He was good in league 1. Like the crabs he is way out of his depth in this league. He may have the odd game but we have to have better up top. 

I think he got 12 goals in 98 games in the Championship, not the best return. I hope he comes good, but can't see it myself.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Evans coming in strikes me as TM trying to keep everyone happy, and another reason why I think we'll never be above mid table with him in charge.

No other reason what so ever to have Evans in ahead of Johnson.

Cue two-three ‘decent’ Evans performances in a row, then a row of sh*te before eventually getting dropped/injured.

• Like 1

Can only think it’s Evans last chance to impress, he has had the odd good performance in the championship, as has Armstrong but neither would be in my first 11. Is Gallagher our wide again? 

TM will need a good performance from the team he’s picked or it will reflect badly on him.

A real shame Rothwell is ill as I was hoping he was gonna start.

Not overly optimistic but always hoping.

Can’t believe he’s started Evans. Dropped Rothwell. Dropped Johnson to the bench after dropping Travis last week. Armstrong continues to be picked despite being well out of form and getting worse.

We are going nowhere under Tomboly Mowbray.

• Like 1

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Looking at that, you would surely go Gallagher up top and Arma wide (even though I think Gallagher would be far better in a 2). But not Tony.

Yeah I thought he may be thinking of both Gallagher and Armstrong playing up front in tandem. With Dack behind and the three of Travis , Evans and Downing in midfield.

Maybe he's saving that for when we go behind. 

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces