BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading (A)

• Backroom
Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Looking at that, you would surely go Gallagher up top and Arma wide (even though I think Gallagher would be far better in a 2). But not Tony.

If we were playing a formation with Gallagher/Arma playing off each other up top I'd understand it, but playing Armstrong up top by himself and Gallagher out wide in a 4-2-3-1 seems detrimental. If we win then okay I suppose, but it still confuses me. 

• Like 2

Evans has to perform today for sure given the midfield talent on the bench. Tony’s fascination with keep playing Armstrong is the only selection that really bothers me.

Am I the only person to find the demand that we have two equally good, first-team ready players for each position and that Tony pick the same team week after week to be logically incompatible in this day and age?

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Evans has to perform today for sure given the midfield talent on the bench. Tony’s fascination with keep playing Armstrong is the only selection that really bothers me.

Am I the only person to find the demand that we have two equally good, first-team ready players for each position and that Tony pick the same team week after week to be logically incompatible in this day and age?

A settled team is a settled team in any day and age. Every manager should be looking for a settled winning team surely. Good backups are obviously necessary but I've never before seen such pissing around as Mowbray gets up to, whilst still having obvious favourites.

• Like 1

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I dunno, I'm pretty old school and yes we should have 2 ready made first team players for each position, but those players should be made to work for the shirt, if someone is playing well then they should keep it until there form drops off.

Wheres the incentive for an individual to play well if Mowbray is going to chop and change every week regardless of how you play?

• Backroom
Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

According to Sharpe

In a change to the advertised formation, looks like #Rovers are going with Gallagher up top, Downing on the right and Armstrong on the left. 

Makes a bit more sense at least.