BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading (A)

Fantastic win. Armstrong's worldie was brilliant, much better first half from him than the second. Holtby showed good passing although he really should have scored after good play between him and Dack. IMO not one of Travis's best games, a lot of loose passes in centre midfield today. Not sure if its the lack of communication between him and Evans. Gallagher worked really hard winning headers and battling on the wings - had a chance to score but shot over the bar. Overall got 3 points away from road and kept the momentum going.

Great win and are we all starting to get a bit giddy with the P word again now? ?

Hold my hands up and admit I groaned a bit at the line up but I think Tosin getting injured forced his hand a bit and didn't allow the same back 3/5. I also asked what Armstrong needed to do to get dropped and he conjures up THAT goal! Great finish and hopefully should give him a boost.

The pressing today was superb and they were all, understandably, shattered. The experienced old heads were priceless coming off the bench today too and definitely played a big part.

3 points absolutely crucial next week and can't see any reason why it won't happen, after that theres some real tough games coming up leading up to Preston.

Great result.

Game management lightyears ahead of last season, despite it still being nervy. Fair play to TM on the defense this season, chalk and cheese. Travis looked shattered and I think we are still short a goal scorer up top. Gallagher worked extremely hard but doesn’t look a goal threat to me.

holtby looked technically v good, some nice passes. Expect he will be starting soon.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 5

Evans, not many fans favourite, but put in a decent shift, he was MOM for Ireland last week, thought Armstrong did better with a decent goal, with the big City lad and Rothwell to come back, think we’ve definitely improved the squad this season, looking hopefully for a couple of home wins, or even a win against Luton and a point against Forest wouldn’t be a disaster.

• Like 3

As several has said, game management are so much better this year. Make's such a difference to have players like Downing and Johnson around. Walton is also very solid, good positioning and safe hands. 

Gallagher was very active and is useful especially away from home. Armstrong's goal was excellent, he's far better suited to play off the left, then in the middle. Everybody put in a shift today, however Travis was a bit under par, even looked leggy which is unusual for him. Probably allowed to have one game a bit off. Holtby looked very eager, good passer, hard to judge on so little time. 

• Like 1

Impressed with Bennett. Really looked assured.

Evans didn’t do much. Johnson gave us more solidity and composure.

Our quality shone through at the end. Didn’t play great but got the job done.

The depth to our squad is very impressive. When you can bring on Johnson, Holtby and Graham during the game, that is the difference between us and teams like Reading.

• Like 5