BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading (A)

• Backroom
Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

So using this logic, are you now gonna be big enough to praise him for getting the 3 points?

In fairness to Phil he's one of the more positive posters in recent times so a bit harsh to pull him up like that. Also I believe that was stated when it looked like Armstrong was starting up top, when instead I believe he started on the left? 

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Roverinbelfast said:

Im honestly not pulling him up. If a defeat was gonna be 100% TMs fault then obviously a win should also be 100% his. Or does it not work like that? 

I think it's fair to give Mowbray significant credit for recent results. It's not how a lot of us would go about it but if we're winning then you can only hold your hands up and say fair enough.

• Like 4

Mowbray has it right, each and every game plan is set up about the opposition and how to win the game. Whilst I sometimes wonder at the team selection I can understand the approach he makes.

Last weeks home win was backed up by an away win today. Today has to be backed up by a win next weekend v Luton.

So looking ahead :-

Luton (h) - has to be a win and I would expect a 3-5-1-1 approach.

Forest (h) - has to be the same approach although I would expect Rovers will be concerned about the cheat that is Lolley !

Qpr (a) - really tough game this one - I would expect a 4-4-2 approach like today.

Huddersfield (h) - as tough a game as we can expect, new manager will be looking to make a good impression. Rovers to stick 3-5-1-1.

Birmingham (a) - 4-4-2 approach, if the nobbers can win there so can we.

PNE (a) - 3-5-1-1 for me, we owe them big time and I am sure Mowbray will have the same thought process.

So looking at the above games, every team has a different set up, different dangermen and different managerial styles from the players available to them.

What can we expect ? I don't think its unreasonable to see a 12 point or more return for Rovers. We are slowly building more momentum each game by taking it just 1 game at a time which for me is the right approach.

Come on you blues, have a great Saturday night !

• Like 5

• Backroom

Superb win, we are a funny team, really good and capable of getting results anywhere but also at the same time capable of stinkers

The way it’s going we shouldn’t be a million miles from the playoffs come May

Just now, Tom said:

Superb win, we are a funny team, really good and capable of getting results anywhere but also at the same time capable of stinkers

The way it’s going we shouldn’t be a million miles from the playoffs come May

Yeah. We could easily beat a Leeds away and then lose at home to Luton. 

• Like 1

The fact we now have better quality and more experienced players in key positions is beginning to tell, we are seeing games out in a much more assured way this season.

Adding a player like Holtby can only improve this further. 

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

Just now, matt83 said:

Yeah. We could easily beat a Leeds away and then lose at home to Luton. 

Do we  not think theres signs we're progressing beyond that now though? WBA was annoying because we deserved a draw there tbh. I feel  LOT more confident about seeing a game out these days. Today would have ended 2-2 or even a 3-2 defeat last season.

• Like 1

Just now, Ossydave said:

Do we  not think theres signs we're progressing beyond that now though? WBA was annoying because we deserved a draw there tbh. I feel  LOT more confident about seeing a game out these days. Today would have ended 2-2 or even a 3-2 defeat last season.

I'd agree with that. The last 10/15 minutes today we saw out relatively comfortably by playing possession football pretty much in their half. Last season would have been like the alamo as we defended deeper and deeper until we conceded at least an equaliser.

Impressed with Holtby's cameo performance in the last 20: his capture could be quite a coup.

• Like 1

very good win and we have a much better squad than last season and we have improved. Look much better at the back without Mulgrew and Raya now. More strength in depth in midfield and Forward areas. 

Gallagher put a real shift in up front today. Impressed. 

Back 4 just get better game on game

• Like 5

It doesn't really matter does it? Todays game has gone, 3 points firmly in the bag and we are all happy. We move on to the next game. It is not a sprint and there are no points to be gained at this stage of the season in the top 2 or top6, its a marathon, lets build, build and build and let other teams become properly afraid of the blue and white machine as momentum builds. Cheerio folks.

• Like 5