BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

One of those games, last season we'd have drawn this game, 0-0 or 1-1. It'll be a true test this year to see if we've improved on that. Luton shambolic in their last game, but as Manchester City showed against Watford, that can't always be a good thing for the upcoming opposition. I'm going 1-0 here, expecting a game similar to Boro and Cardiff, where we'll struggle to break them down.

Bradley Johnson to grab it in the second half.

With Samuel coming back as well we have a strong attacking force to choose from. At least 6-7 forwards/attacking midfielders that can score or create goals. Its really all up to TM to find a formation that gets us the goals. If he does, then we can indeed smash sides like Luton. 

This is the kind of game which we always seem to lose, just as momentum is building. So I think it’s a pretty large test for us, when the pressure is on us to win the game comfortably. No easy game in this league tho.

Dont think we need two holding midfield players in this game as we’re most likely going to have a lot of the ball, although I love travis would play Holtby ahead of him in there with Johnson. Just gives us abit more quality on the ball aswel as experience. Would also give downing a rest, because reckon forest will be a pretty tough game which we will at least need to get something out of. Reckon it’ll be a good game to bring Rothwell in. Abit of hype is building but a loss will take us right back again, so fingers crossed. 

• Like 1

Yup we often get a bit of a nosebleed when we have a chance of creeping into the playoff positions in this division. Really hope this is not the case this time. We have some older more experienced heads this time around, so hopefully they can help us to push on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rossyrover said:

Hope young Travis does not lose his place to Holtby as he has been playing well alongside Johnson.

Someone is going to miss out. The player Mowbray bought or the U23 graduate who “is only a young kid really” and “still has lots of years ahead of him” and “needs to be patient”?

Holtby looks a good player but I’d rather we had brought in someone of similar pedigree in attack or full back. We now have a headache to rotate the midfield.

I guess we will see but I don’t think Connor Mahoney will look back with much regret about leaving. Just hope Travis doesn’t end up following him.

33 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Someone is going to miss out. The player Mowbray bought or the U23 graduate who “is only a young kid really” and “still has lots of years ahead of him” and “needs to be patient”?

Holtby looks a good player but I’d rather we had brought in someone of similar pedigree in attack or full back. We now have a headache to rotate the midfield.

I guess we will see but I don’t think Connor Mahoney will look back with much regret about leaving. Just hope Travis doesn’t end up following him.

I don't understand what you are saying about Mahoney. He got the majority of his first team opportunities with us from Tony Mowbray but refused to renew his contract and then moved to a Premier League club where he never played - but presumably was better paid.

• Like 2

Just now, Boroblue said:

Mahoney is playing for Millwall. That is right isn’t it?

Yes.

I think he will go on to be a decent player at this level, but I can honestly say I haven't given Mahoney a second thought since he left.

I don't think he had a touch when we played them the other week.

17 hours ago, TruRover said:

This is the kind of game which we always seem to lose, just as momentum is building. So I think it’s a pretty large test for us, when the pressure is on us to win the game comfortably. No easy game in this league tho.

Dont think we need two holding midfield players in this game as we’re most likely going to have a lot of the ball, although I love travis would play Holtby ahead of him in there with Johnson. Just gives us abit more quality on the ball aswel as experience. Would also give downing a rest, because reckon forest will be a pretty tough game which we will at least need to get something out of. Reckon it’ll be a good game to bring Rothwell in. Abit of hype is building but a loss will take us right back again, so fingers crossed. 

Not so sure about needing the two holding mids.  Luton score plenty goals, granted they concede plenty as well.

I would start with the two and change it in second half.

14 minutes ago, BRFC4EVA said:

Anyone thinking that Luton will be a bit leggy.. the bbc match report had them making 10 changes for the midweek cup game.

This will help, Luton's players haven't played since their defeat to Cardiff, and they really were bad, and they've had no midweek game to make up for it. If we score early on I think it'll be game over, if we've not nabbed one by 65/70, I'd have money on 0-0.

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Johnson's name is all over Twitter being linked to this.

IF he’s involved then bloody good job we got the Holtby deal though! WTF were these lads doing on the p*** in a big way a couple of days before the weekend matches?

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!

8 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

I don't understand what you are saying about Mahoney. He got the majority of his first team opportunities with us from Tony Mowbray but refused to renew his contract and then moved to a Premier League club where he never played - but presumably was better paid.

Yeah, it’s a tough one to understand.

10 hours ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

100% - And since then he has been passed from pillar to post around lower championship clubs and currently plays for Millwall! ??

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

100% - And since then he has been passed from pillar to post around lower championship clubs and currently plays for Millwall! ??

But snobby. They are at the same level as us. But the operative word is in bold, which is more than Chapman and others do for Rovers.

Some folk seem to like pretending that Mowbray promotes youth team players ahead of his own signings. Only a small percentage of our own get in and when they do he highlights their failings in public and then drops them or let’s them go.

Like I said, Mahoney will not look back at Rovers and wish he was on the bench here instead of on the pitch at Millwall.

• Like 1

Luton have sold 1,300 so far for this weekend with on the days and sales up until Saturday probably bringing it to 1,400. Pretty decent following up from London that really, a similar amount to the following we took to Bristol at a similar time last season. 

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Luton have sold 1,300 so far for this weekend with on the days and sales up until Saturday probably bringing it to 1,400. Pretty decent following up from London that really, a similar amount to the following we took to Bristol at a similar time last season. 

A lot of their fans won't of been to ewood before so that helps. Isn't it over 30 years since they last came?

Edited by BankEnd Rover