BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

Just now, Stuart said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/17929714.rovers-fitness-latest-leaves-mowbray-selection-dilemma/

Rothwell not ill but a doubt. That can’t be right. He was due to start in the last game. ?

Always feel like there's more to the story when they say players are "ill". I'm not Rothwell's biggest fan really, but he should easily be making the bench at a minimum.

I think we will play one of either Travis or Johnson with a ball player like Holtby or Downing in the middle this weekend. There’s no need to have two holding / combative midfielders at home. 

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham 

Travis Holtby

Armstrong Dack Downing

Gally

OR

Walton

Tosin Lenihan Williams

Benno Travis Holtby Downing

Armstrong Dack

Gally

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I think we will play one of either Travis or Johnson with a ball player like Holtby or Downing in the middle this weekend. There’s no need to have two holding / combative midfielders at home. 

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham 

Travis Holtby

Armstrong Dack Downing

Gally

OR

Walton

Tosin Lenihan Williams

Benno Travis Holtby Downing

Armstrong Dack

Gally

I prefer the back 3 side 

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

But snobby. They are at the same level as us. But the operative word is in bold, which is more than Chapman and others do for Rovers.

Some folk seem to like pretending that Mowbray promotes youth team players ahead of his own signings. Only a small percentage of our own get in and when they do he highlights their failings in public and then drops them or let’s them go.

Like I said, Mahoney will not look back at Rovers and wish he was on the bench here instead of on the pitch at Millwall.

But Chapman is one of Mowbray's signings rather than one of our youth team players - which of our youth team players are better than Mowbray's signings ?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

But Chapman is one of Mowbray's signings rather than one of our youth team players - which of our youth team players are better than Mowbray's signings ?

This really is tricky for some folk to grasp isn’t it.

Lenihan and Travis are better than most of the managers signings. Buckley, JRC and Butterworth are expected (by the current management) to play in 10-15 first team games this season. 

Magloire, Grayson and the striker (can’t recall his name) expected to integrate as above next season. 

Very strong pipeline into the first team created and instigated by the manager. Jonty is the conduit and has also brought in the technical analysis booths as well as bespoke individual programmes with the focus on development. 

The increasing expectation of the club and obvious quality additions in the summer means that the young players need to continue raising their standard to break through but there are a lot of last years team (Bell, Evans, Smallwood, Graham and even Benno) who know that the writing is on the wall. The likes of Johnson and Downing may not have another season in them either so the opportunity is there IF they’re good enough.

• Like 5

If our first team has Magloire, Grayson, Buckley & Butterworth as regular starters next season then I think it will be a right old struggle.

Early days, but the signings of Cunningham, Johnson & Downing, and you might be able to put Holtby in there too have shown that a bit of experience and knowhow is exactly what this side has been missing.

• Like 1

• Backroom
13 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_2795.PNG

Seems the rumours came from this audio that some say may be Dack. Could be any southern bloke though so I very much doubt it’s him 

Either way what a sorry episode and I hope they really throw the book at the players involved, lucky not to kill someone

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

If our first team has Magloire, Grayson, Buckley & Butterworth as regular starters next season then I think it will be a right old struggle.

Early days, but the signings of Cunningham, Johnson & Downing, and you might be able to put Holtby in there too have shown that a bit of experience and knowhow is exactly what this side has been missing.

We've been missing guys who seriously don't like losing.  I think Cunningham and Johnson have that aggressive streak we've been short of.

• Like 3