BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

• Backroom

I'd love to make a jokey remark about being an unlucky mascot at my first game this season.

Honestly though, that was dreadful. Once we get past midfield we get lost. I thought Gally should've stayed on, with Armstrong coming off instead, personally.

Would also start Rothwell in his place ASAP.

I can't comment on the match or our fecking ''players'' or the dinosaur.

I had a link but my internet was abysmal and did not give a moving picture even once.

I saw a couple of still pics, trying to load, but that was it.

I feel blessed

Snapshot attached. Not a bum on seat in sight. Correction - just spotted one

Capture 2.JPG

Edited by AllRoverAsia

I live in Bedfordshire. Have Luton Town colleagues to suffer on Monday. Thank you Tony and Venkys. Guess it will still be a while till I watch that team I started watching in 63. Happy Kean out day to those who care. Getting my bulletproof vest out for Monday. Oh and if the Vs are listening - can we have central defenders and attackers in January? Too much to ask for an ambitious manager.

• Like 2

Only saw the second half but the Luton win looked like daylight robbery. They barely had a kick but we showed very little quality going forward. 

This is why I always dread the games against the “small teams” as there are no easy matches in this league. 

Their game plan defensively was simple - let Bennet have the freedom of the park as he’s not very good and you know he’ll just lump a ball into the box. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gogger said:

Guess this means Rothwell another step behind the starting que as Mowbray sees Samuel as a winger. Did any of our front four run past or dribble a man today? Embarassing performance. Mowbray out, poor signings, poor selections and piss poor gameplans.

What is he bloody obsession with playing centre forwards on the wing? I’m fed up of it now.  Why the eff can’t he play players in their natural position? It’s not rocket science. I want to strangle the stupid daft bastard. 

• Like 3

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray is rubbish. Doesn't have the nous to take the club any further. 

Many have been saying it for months...one step forward,two steps back under his management.

Rovers at their frustrating best in front of a higher than normal turnout.No one would have had that lot down for the win today.

So frustrating,awful result. 

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

Just now, Gary C said:

Refere was appaling. No end product from us. Need to improve for Tuesday 

Their keeper time wasted from the off, we should and could of put this game to bed in the first 11 mins.

Once again balls in to the box.

Bennett was awful, Dack went missing and how Armstrong starts ahead of Chapman is a joke

Just now, OJRovers said:

Typical Rovers. We get a sniff of the playoffs then bottle it.

Hopefully Holtby when fully fit will give some mental toughness and start games.

If venkys satalite dish is still picking up the games,  they've probably realised mowbray has done it again with their cash on Gallagher. Needs dropping and players being picked on merit not size of fee.

Holtby is fit. Mowbray is a dinosaur who never actually plays our best players out of fear of rocking the boat and team spirit 

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I can't comment on the match or our fecking ''players'' or the dinosaur.

I had a link but my internet was abysmal and did not give a moving picture even once.

I saw a couple of still pics, trying to load, but that was it.

I feel blessed

Snapshot attached. Not a bum on seat in sight. Correction - just spotted one

Capture 2.JPG

Did you press Refresh?

• Like 1

My fears of pressure games Vs weaker opposition came to pass. For the last 3 seasons we've seen TM hasn't worked out how to beat weaker teams when we are clearly the stronger team. Poor do and why we're not going anywhere. 

Shame, just as I was getting excited and hoping we had turned a corner. 

Just now, Dan said:

What is he bloody obsession with playing centre forwards on the wing? I’m fed up of it now.  Why the eff can’t he play players in their natural position? It’s not rocket science. I want to strangle the stupid daft bastard. 

So we can play long diagonal balls to big lummoxes which get flicked on to no one or headed down to no one.

Beyond frustrating. But yet not that surprising.

Don’t know where to start. I looked more likely to score than Gallagher and I was sat up in the stands. You only ever see him chasing the ball, you never actually see him on it. Graham must start Tuesday. But no goalscoring striker is a huge concern (despite what some on here were saying in the week).

Downing is perfectly neat and tidy and shows his intelligence at times but is easy to mark off the right, coming inside all the time. Consequently that left loads of space for Bennett whose crossing, first half particularly, was dire. But yep can certainly understand how Downing had so few goals/assists in 40 odd appearances for Boro.

Feels weird hoping for somebody to be ill but I do hope Rothwell is ill and that’s why he wasn’t included.

Holtby looked good and you can see his ability. 

Predicting a draw Tuesday then a win at QPR to keep Mid-Table Mowbray’s Rovers firmly in mid-table.

Just now, frosty said:

Predicting a draw Tuesday then a win at QPR to keep Mid-Table Mowbray’s Rovers firmly in mid-table.

Mid-Table Mowbray is our new Grinder Gary. 

He’d be telling us that we gave it a right good go today. 

• Like 3

Absolutely rubbish and the perfect summary of why we wont get near the play offs with continued crippling inconsistency and never being far from a shocking result against a crap team.

Some will blame the ref I am sure for not handling the time wasting well but that was a self inflicted defeat, with the team looking clueless in terms of what they were supposed to be doing tactically and totally devoid of any urgency 

Gallagher again was shocking and offers zero goal threat. Armstrong continues to get away with lifeless performances as teachers pet guaranteed a start with his next goal contribution now due next spring. The 15m thrown down the toilet makes an absolute mockery of Mowbray. Armstrong 53, 6, Gallagher 9,0, Brereton 26, 1. 90 appearances, 7 goals is the combined Championship total (think ive worked that out right) and we are 15 millon down.

Johnson gets worse with each passing week, Dack looked totally fed up, Walton was all over the place and the only 3 minor positives were Travis, Holtby and Graham.

Edited by roversfan99
  • Like 5