BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

Certainly not our best performance. We were too slow, no cutting edge, toothless! Very frustrating game. Holtby looks a decent player. Travis mom for me. Johnson, Gallagher, Armstrong and, dare I say downing not at the races. One of dacks poorer games. Still, Tuesday night and a win would make things better. 

Simple question. A few decent outings aside, does anyone disagree with any of these statements?

1. Graham is better than Gallagher

2. Strikers are best played up front.

3. Holtby and Rothwell are both better than Armstrong.

4. Nyambe is better than Bennett.

5. Dack's been indifferent all season.

• Like 6

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

If Rovers are losing/drawing when the board goes up you might aswell go home.

We never threaten in injury time, March 2017 last time we scored an injury time equaliser/winner in the league.

The mentality at the club isn't right and hasn't been for years. It's too easy/osy. What do you think will happen on Monday morning ? I can tell you - nothing. If it was me they'd all be in for shooting practice tomorrow morning. Would it do any good ? who knows but it'd wipe the smiles off their faces, Nice guys come second.

• Like 2

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

If we beat forest on Tuesday this message board will have a heart attack.

I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Forest aren't exactly untouchable, and we do have some talented players. We're just inconsistent and the manager doesn't know his preferred system.

I’m sure people will blame the ref and the disallowed goal (anyone know why?) but that was the Rovers worst performance I’ve seen in a long time. Battling to try to get a draw at home to Luton just isn’t good enough.

Gallagher simply cannot offer what Danny Graham offers, he’s far too lightweight. Armstrong doesn’t have a cutting edge despite his supposed pace. Johnson was clearly injured and had to come off but Mowbray left it. When he finally did make changes - the right ones for a change - they were too late. Not sure why on earth he brought on Samuel on the wing though!

Without Travis we’d have been hammered in midfield. Great strike from him - finally plucking up the courage to have a go.

We may have stumbled on a decent centre back partnership but neither is any good in the air. This must be resolved if we have any aspirations of top 6.

So so disappointed with that today.

Beyond any doubt now TM most go. Yes the ref was unbelievably poor but we went into this game with a negative attitude from the manager who was unable to change tactics as the game went on. That negativity carried on throughout with players lack of confidence  OK never a free kick, sold to the ref and he bought it, but name one player that was outstanding?

One last thought, TM was given the get out of jail card by a ref who should never referee at this level. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Beyond any doubt now TM most go. Yes the ref was unbelievably poor but we went into this game with a negative attitude from the manager who was unable to change tactics as the game went on. That negativity carried on throughout with players lack of confidence  OK never a free kick, sold to the ref and he bought it, but name one player that was outstanding?

One last thought, TM was given the get out of jail card by a ref who should never referee at this level. 

Negative at the ko? We had almost 100% possession just not in their area for 20 mins. If the two CDs miss headers you concede stupid goals like we saw today

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Absolutely rubbish and the perfect summary of why we wont get near the play offs with continued crippling inconsistency and never being far from a shocking result against a crap team.

Some will blame the ref I am sure for not handling the time wasting well but that was a self inflicted defeat, with the team looking clueless in terms of what they were supposed to be doing tactically and totally devoid of any urgency 

Gallagher again was shocking and offers zero goal threat. Armstrong continues to get away with lifeless performances as teachers pet guaranteed a start with his next goal contribution now due next spring. The 15m thrown down the toilet makes an absolute mockery of Mowbray. Armstrong 53, 6, Gallagher 9,0, Brereton 26, 1. 90 appearances, 7 goals is the combined Championship total (think ive worked that out right) and we are 15 millon down.

Johnson gets worse with each passing week, Dack looked totally fed up, Walton was all over the place and the only 3 minor positives were Travis, Holtby and Graham.

Harsh on Johnson, who I thought partnered well with Travis in the middle and Brereton who has probably played for 30 minutes total in those 26 appearances!

Armstrong and Downing being North East boys must be the reason they're continually picked. Neither offers genuine width or threat from wide - Armstrong doesn't know what to do with it and Downing likes to cut inside and sit on top of his two CMs. If Downing HAS to play, at least play him at CM.

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Harsh on Johnson, who I thought partnered well with Travis in the middle and Brereton who has probably played for 30 minutes total in those 26 appearances!

Armstrong and Downing being North East boys must be the reason they're continually picked. Neither offers genuine width or threat from wide - Armstrong doesn't know what to do with it and Downing likes to cut inside and sit on top of his two CMs. If Downing HAS to play, at least play him at CM.

Downing plays best on the left. And whilst Armstrong is mainly shite, I prefer him right if anywhere to simplify his game. Mowbrays obsession with inverted wingers means Downing spent most of his time coming inside and getting crowded out.

• Like 1

Let's be honest the perceived new style he's introduced is just last seasons style slowed down a peg, 3 or 4 square passes instead of 2 or 3 and a punt.  It's absolute pants we still only look decent when we either go for it and press from the front at a higher tempo or try and shut up shop and counter.

• Like 6

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Negative at the ko? We had almost 100% possession just not in their area for 20 mins. If the two CDs miss headers you concede stupid goals like we saw today

2 shots on target compared to Luton's 5 - what do they practice in training. Substitutions that could not change the game. As you say, not in their area enough, no penetration. We lack in direction from the manager.

• Like 2

• Backroom

1-1 at home to Luton, Clock on 45+1 with 2 minutes added, 18 or so players in their half and we have the ball on the halfway.

Do you:

a) look to play a ball and launch an attack?

b) pass it back and forward between our centre halves till the ref blows his whistle?

• Like 1

WALTON

WILLIAMS  LENINHAN ADARABIOYO

BENNETT                                     CUNNINGHAM

HOLTBY        TRAVIS      DOWNING

DACK

GRAHAM

What I'd hope to start with on Tuesday after today's poor show