BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Luton Town home

2 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Sick of this stupid formation.

Sick of hearing Mowbray has resolved our defensive frailties.

Sick of players playing out of position.

Sick of decent young players being left out of the squad for chronically underperforming favourites.

Sick of people trying to justify wasting millions on 2 strikers who have scored about twice in the last 2 years between them while we haven’t spent a proper fee on a defender in nearly a decade.

Sick of being told to be grateful Venky’s haven’t liquidated us.

Disgusted at being told we are at our natural level, plodding around the middle of the second tier and getting beat off Luton at Ewood after all that Jack Walker did for us, and elements of our fan base trying to hold those who don’t share their rose tinted views accountable, rather than the real culprits.

Post of the decade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dan said:

So he’s saying we need wingers, but refused to buy or play wingers?

What a load of rubbish from Mowbray! 

He sends out a team that contains no one who can get around the back of the defence or plays players who have to turn back in to get the ball across. 

Chapman must be given a chance but I’m pretty sure he won’t. 

Armstrong will continue to be ineffective on the left, scoring the odd worldly goal but contributing little else.

Bennett seems to be playing full back and winger. FFS he isn’t Trent Alexander Arnold. 

Until we play a settled side with players in their correct positions we will only be an average team. 

• Like 1

• Backroom

Gallagher looks to actively avoid getting into a goal scoring position same with Brereton last season

Just before their first goal he had the ball in the corner of the 6 yard box, a striker should instinctively smash it, he looked to play it backwards, same with any header he went for in the box.

Armstrong is a waste of a shirt 90% of the time as well

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Attendance 15,319 not too shabby. How many did Luton bring?

Can't get over the 2 shots on target stat after 66% possession, but then again I've also seen the Charlton v Leeds stats of another afternoon mugging.

I havent seen any of the match or highlights yet so look forward at least to the Travis goal. Why are we so shot-shy especially from a distance when such attempts are usually woeful. 

Upper tier holds 3000. It was split in half and there looked to be about 100 or so seats empty so I would estimate about 1400. 

• Like 1

This 4-5-1 against a team that turns up to shut up shop, and has two lummoxs at centre half, just doesn’t work. Seen it happen time and time again, since Mowbray came in. 

Tosin would have headed that cross for their second goal into row z. Lenihan and Williams are okay against pace, but against a huddy like Collins will get no change in the air.

Should be playing a 3-5-2 in these games. Give JRC at Right Wing Back and Downing at left wing back. Holtby Travis Rothwell in Midfield and 2 x strikers up top.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 3

Just now, Miller11 said:

I’m sick of all this bollocks an all...

“There’s huge frustration and huge disappointment in what is a really quiet dressing room," he revealed to iFollow Rovers.

Surprise surprise, it’s a quiet dressing room. For all the talk of “character” we lack players with any bottle. They will be all day round feeling sorry for themselves - the same reaction is plain to see every time we concede. Bennett has done his usual disappointed tweet... that’s about as much of a reaction as we ever see, while we get an entire week spoiled. You and your beloved senior pros should be dishing out some bollockings.

“It was a missed opportunity for us today. We wasted it and it feels bigger than just a wasted opportunity, it feels huge.

Yep. And it’s an all too familiar feeling.

“Against a side who are newly promoted to this league, no disrespect to them, but if we want to be up there towards the top of this league then we need to beat teams like Luton Town.

No danger of you disrespecting them is there Tony? As always we worry far more about other teams than they do about us. Maybe Lenihan warmed you about his ex youth team mate and what a danger he would be having plied his trade at such dizzying heights with Stanley and Halifax... of course he was right as he absolutely bullied Lenihan for the winner.

“We had enough of the ball, but we have to be better when breaking down these sort of teams and you cannot give away soft goals like we did today.

These words appear in approximately 60% of all your post match interviews.

“The combination of that was our undoing and it was similar to the opening day game against Charlton.

That combination has been our undoing in most games in 2019 in fact.

“We have been scoring goals and winning matches, but today was really frustrating. It was an opportunity to put a good performance in, win well, push up the table and look ahead to Tuesday night," he added.

The sources and manner of the goals we have scored suggest more fortune than tactical nous to be honest Tony. They’ve papered over the cracks recently.

“We needed to create more chances, get behind teams more, fizz balls across the box. We didn’t do that enough and didn’t have the guile.

We havent “fizzed balls across the box” in years... apart from about 3 times last season where Brereton put shots out for throw-ins. 

“The individually of a Rothwell was probably needed for us today, that speed and craft, which was needed today.”

You are just taking the piss now. I’ll humour you... but please answer me this:

If Rothwell was too ill to play, and full of a cold, coughing and spluttering, then why on earth was he at Ewood in the pissing rain and freezing cold, potentially passing on his illness to his teammates rather than say at home with the heating on?

New post of the decade. 

We needed a Rothwell.  The player he doesnt even play when fit anyway... Laughable. I'm-

Have to saybthat i am not convinced with Johnson.  Upgrade on Evans and Smallwood perhaps but thinknwe have bwtter options.  Id go Travis with Holtby. Johnson has aerial presence but fck me,  we play strikers on the wing that cant cross,  so its pointless.  Maybe Holby can be the creator with Travis providing the energy. 

Side note,  Travis is becoming as important as Dack. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That 11 that started the game today should be streets ahead of Luton. Player for player we are. They need motivating though and obvously that isn't happening.

Yep, fans can argue about players and team formations but if the team isn't up for it or not motivated properly you gel results like today's

That's all down to the manager. 

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I played full back and I'd show my winger inside all day long. " Go on son, get inside and run into heavy traffic, you'll do for me ". The wingers you really feared were the ones who were always trying to get on your outside and get everybody turned around and running back towards their own goal. Then you have a real problem. Mowbray was saying as much in his interview tonight.

I was a flying winger in my pomp - Id have taken you to the cleaners ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Two types of midfield players cause defenders problems - the Damien Duff/Scott Sellars type that can get around teams and up the side and the David Dunn/Eyal Berkovic type who can carry the ball from the half way line and draw defenders out. If we have any players who can do this we need to play them.

There's also the free running Frank Lampard type of midfield player who makes runs beyond the forwards and scores goals regulalrly. Worth their weight in gold; can't think of many of that type at Ewood over the years 

Today was disappointing in so many ways - 2 wins in a row, decent crowd, rising expectations, a feeling we might have a team that could challenge.

Losing at home to a bottom 3 team is a real hammer blow. Feels like another season treading water ahead.

Was considering going to Loftus Road next Saturday but is it worth the bother ?  

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

Talk of fizzing crosses in, that is surely not how we're setting up to play - with no wingers and no strikers in the 6 yard box! 

Who gives a shit, we score enough goals.

I don’t care what all this Joe and Chaddy etc say any club turning up against a team with Williams and Bennet in the back four will fancy it.  Same old shyte, same crap defenders....bennet looked like a little lad defending that first goal. Mowbray out  we are going nowhere with him

22 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

This 4-5-1 against a team that turns up to shut up shop, and has two lummoxs at centre half, just doesn’t work. Seen it happen time and time again, since Mowbray came in. 

Tosin would have headed that cross for their second goal into row z. Lenihan and Williams are okay against pace, but against a huddy like Collins will get no change in the air.

Should be playing a 3-5-2 in these games. Give JRC at Right Wing Back and Downing at left wing back. Holtby Travis Rothwell in Midfield and 2 x strikers up top.

I was hoping for 3-5-2 today. It’s ridiculous having Tosin and Holtby on the bench when they have more quality than the 11 ahead of them.

• Like 3

• Backroom
Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Who gives a shit, we score enough goals.

I don’t care what all this Joe and Chaddy etc say any club turning up against a team with Williams and Bennet in the back four will fancy it.  Same old shyte, same crap defenders....bennet looked like a little lad defending that first goal. Mowbray out  we are going nowhere with him

We've scored less goals than all of the teams above us and a fair amount of the teams below us. Conversely we've conceded less than every team below us except Brentford so whilst defence could be better I'd say scoring goals is one major problem at this juncture.

• Like 3

Just now, DE. said:

We've scored less goals than all of the teams above us and a fair amount of the teams below us. Conversely we've conceded less than every team below us except Brentford so whilst defence could be better I'd say scoring goals is one major problem at this juncture.

As it’s early in the season I do think the goals will come once we have settled down, sadly I think the 2 against per game will creep back in with the same defenders as last season in Williams, Bennett and Darragh ...

On 27/09/2019 at 21:23, jim mk2 said:

We're on a good run but this is Rovers and over the years we have tended to disappoint when there is too much optimism and expect to win.

1-1 draw. 

Exactly the case but too optimistic Jim! Will we supporters ever learn?  :(

Every time we get close to that Top 6, down we go and start up again. Been happening for years.

Edited by 47er

Immensely frustrating afternoon at Ewood. I’ve seen Rovers now facing two promoted teams at home who I doubt will not finish in the top half of the table, with it feeling as though in total they’ve had four attempts on target and scored them all, with them being fairly soft conceded.

Frustrated at big Sam Gallagher, I know it’s unfair to compare a young Alan Shearer (he’d do worse than watch a few videos), yet he needs to attack the ball when it enters the box, seems content to look to pick up the second ball.

Frustrated at managers lack of imagination chasing the game, yes great get Samuel on, yet he ends up at right back/wing back. Two up top, downing on wing, Dack with Travis in midfield? 

Armstrong’s finishing could be better, blazing high and wide to the near post, not good.

Edited by Boz

Not caught up on the last 10 pages so apologies if I'm coming across like a broken record.

Dismal from the 14th-96th minute.

We lost 2-1 against a team that came for a 0-0. Again.

I haven't seen time wasting quite like that in a while... maybe we're all just annoyed that we cannot time waste effectively unlike every other team in world football. We got what we deserved after the first 1/6th of the game. Why is time wasting only a bookable offense in added time?

Good job we sold Raya because of his poor kicking and loaned Walton for his great penalty box presence.

Cunningham was poor, he has a great cross on him but I lost count how many times we had an entire left side open in the first half and hes holding hands with Derrick and not getting forward. Dare I say a game for Bell. Also, it was his daft foul that set up the winning goal.

Never realised how one footed (or shit) Gallagher was.

Johnson and Downing are getting worse by the day.

Dack played for the shirt today.

Travis was the only on who actually "played" for the shirt.

Dominic Samuel is now a RWB?

As the old saying goes "If you dont shoot... you'll probably play for TMs Rovers".

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

I had a feeling someone would fall for that one.

The BBE upper was open and full of school kids and other groups. Presumably on free tickets.

Fall for what?

Are you naturally rude or do you actively work at it?

I asked a straight forward question, refer to the post of @Cherry Blue for guidance on how to respond in a polite, informative and humorous manner.

How the feck I was supposed to know that the BBE was open when I didn't even see the game beats the shit out of me.

Don't take your frustration out on me.

• Like 1

Bound to happen.. Things were feeling too good for Rovers in recent days.  Crashed back down to earth with a bump.  Credit to Luton, sure we would have done the same if we were in their boots.  If we can turn this titantic around and snag 2 wins this week I am sure all will be forgotten.  Thoughts from the gaffa, the fans and more.