BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Happy Kean Out Day

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 06:45, Mattyblue said:

As I said the other week, look how quickly Garry Monk has ended up back in the game, yet that disgrace of a man hasn’t even had a sniff of a coaching job in the UK in 7 years, says it all.

39 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I have nothing against Sunderland, but I'd like him to really screw over another British club in order to prove us right.

I'm with Mattyblue on this. He should never be given the opportunity to manage in Britain again. He's a bust, and a lawbreaker. Even that waste of space Coyle got 3 UK jobs since Kean left Rovers.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2019 at 14:30, Vinjay17 said:

Appleton's had numerous UK jobs (including current) since his firing too. 

But he’s half decent. 

Admittedly football was dire at the time (so were we generally) he’s done well at oxford and assistant roles at Leicester, WBA since.

On 11/10/2019 at 14:00, speeeeeeedie said:

I'm with Mattyblue on this. He should never be given the opportunity to manage in Britain again. He's a bust, and a lawbreaker. Even that waste of space Coyle got 3 UK jobs since Kean left Rovers.

Football behind closed doors is as bitchy as a hairdressers. Everyone will know exactly what happened with Kean and hence he dosent get touched by a shitty stick.

To my knowledge both Bury and Plymouth have knocked his applications back previously.

• Like 3

I still wonder why his name is not mentioned whenever one of the top clubs are searching for a new manager. I mean, he was such a good man, excellent manager, could spot a talent and manged to bring championship football to the owners (still convinced that's what he said and the owners thought he meant champions league).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, rickard said:

I still wonder why his name is not mentioned whenever one of the top clubs are searching for a new manager. I mean, he was such a good man, excellent manager, could spot a talent and manged to bring championship football to the owners (still convinced that's what he said and the owners thought he meant champions league).

Thought his mate RFW would have put him forward for the Man Yoo job? 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, jodrell said:

It's amazing how some managers fit in at one club but not another. Wagner has Schalke in 4th in the Bundesliga

Could be argued Wagner's real achievement was getting Huddersfield promoted in the first instance and then keeping them up for another twelve months with what he had to work with

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Quite.

But we have had far too many folk devil/ hate figures over the last 10 years. Once upon a time, it was only a poor headmaster from Spennymoor, County Durham.

Lest we forget!

He did in fairness partly atone at Wembley in 92 though. 

17 hours ago, Rogerb said:

Could be argued Wagner's real achievement was getting Huddersfield promoted in the first instance and then keeping them up for another twelve months with what he had to work with

Yeah. Lota of managers lose their way at a club and need a change. Souness by the end has lost the plot here but did great work the first 3 years. Wagner did really well getting promoted and staying up. Not too surprising he is doing well elsewhere. 

Even Coyle had one success on his record - Ince had several! Most managers click at one club and get something right, the good managers do it at numerous places. 

As for the odeous one - a comparison with Bowyer is interesting. Both promoted vastly beyond what they expected. Neither had any success (Bowyer did show he was nifty in the transfer market at least.) And yet since then after, imo, being overpromoted and with only Rovers on his managerial CV Bowyer has had several jobs. Kean has had no others in English football. This to me.speaks volumes of the regard he is held in. 

Equally that no one has gone for him even as a coach is huge. (Understandable mind.) Appleton as others have said has done well as assistant manager. To not be valued - or more likely trusted - as a coach even, again speaks volumes. 

I suppose he is set up for life after his scam with us but if he is the football man he says he is (although you can't trust a word from the snakes mouth), IF he has the love of the game he professes then I wonder if he thinks his betrayal at Rovers was worth it. He's relatively young and could have had a fair few more years in English football as a coach and perhaps even worked his way up (unlikely but possible). All that's been thrown away on a quick buck and betrayal. 

Being honest, uncharitable as it is, i do hope he misses English football and realises what he has lost. It'd be scant payment for what he cost us.n