BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Happy Kean Out Day

On 08/06/2022 at 01:57, bluebruce said:

Well that's an interesting article. Thing is, if I believed him, I'd say I could understand where he was coming from at the time. Givet, as he is clearly referring to, should never have been refusing to play and let an injured teammate take career-risking injections to play instead of him. Nobody should be throwing cricket balls at the manager no matter how much we hate them. It would all make his words at the time far more understandable (although fans not resorting to violence had every right to throw vitriol at that snake).

But, I don't believe him. For one thing, if a cricket ball was thrown at Keane and nearly hit him, I'm 90% sure I'd have heard about it before now. Not the sort of thing everyone except Bradley Orr misses. Not the sort of thing Kean wouldn't mention, or the club wouldn't mention. Not the sort of thing the press would have ignored whilst they were busy villifying our fans and bumming the charlatan. It would have been rocket fuel for them. The only conclusion I can draw is he has made it up several years after the event because it helps his narrative.

The man he came out in support of was a fraud and a liar, who antagonised fans. Orr tied his colours to that mast, and that doesn't reflect well on his character either. Nor does his covid violation, where he kept running his business illegally whilst the country was on lockdown. I feel like I remember him being caught in a lie, or at least some arrogant entitled comments, during that. He tried to quote the magna carta or something too, adding evidence he may be delusional.

I could believe that Givet acted selfishly, he had a bit of form for it. I can buy that the players downed tools, they were shit although who would be inspired under him? Kean could have walked away if he had lost the dressing room, but no he hung around it like a wet steaming shit on the towels, condemning our great club to certain relegation. Agents ruin football, so I could also believe the part about them telling clients that it would be easier to get them a move after relegation.

But because I absolutely don't believe the cricket ball shit, or Orr in general, I can't consider the other things true without verification from other sources.

Despite him continually painting himself as having a strong moral compass, he comes across as a bit of a shit throughout that interview. Not just at Rovers, but his own stories paint him as unprofessional at best and a negative influence on other players at worst.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

10 years since the fans of Blackburn Rovers, the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, Rovers Trust, BRFCS and numerous others all, in their own ways, helped rid our football club of corruption and disenchantment. 

Well done to all involved, I hope you’re having a beer tonight. As far as I’m concerned, we saved our club when the odds where against us. 

• Like 6

On 28/09/2022 at 21:56, J*B said:

10 years since the fans of Blackburn Rovers, the Blackburn Rovers Action Group, Rovers Trust, BRFCS and numerous others all, in their own ways, helped rid our football club of corruption and disenchantment. 

Well done to all involved, I hope you’re having a beer tonight. As far as I’m concerned, we saved our club when the odds where against us. 

There's still a job to be done. The club still has an uncertain future while absent, disinterested people are in charge. We need to push for local people on the board and a fan's 'shadow board' as recommended by the Government backed fan led review.  One day Venky's will leave and we need to make sure the club is not left high and dry. 

• Like 1

Rovers Chats interview with MGP has had to be pulled. Any guesses for who has issued the legal threat? You’re probably right, but don’t reply to that as they’re still monitoring here as well. 

916D2791-1503-43B3-826B-47344030A411.jpeg

• Like 1

On 01/10/2022 at 20:37, J*B said:

Rovers Chats interview with MGP has had to be pulled. Any guesses for who has issued the legal threat? You’re probably right, but don’t reply to that as they’re still monitoring here as well. 

What a shame that people can prevent the truth from being spoken just because they have enough money to start a legal battle that the innocent people stating honest facts cannot afford to contend.

• 6 months later...
On 01/10/2022 at 20:37, J*B said:

Were we ever able to hear the interview? Was it released somewhere else?

• Like 1