BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Thankfully not much time to dwell on that abysmal performance against Luton. I missed the last 35 minutes when my feed dropped and I will miss all of this because I will be flying Tuesday night.

Forest next up who have the benefit of having played and won at Stoke Friday night to take top slot for 16 hours.

They are no great shakes but no weak links either. Nothing exceptional apart from being the dirtiest team I have seen in ages. The niggling fouls come thick and fast stopping the opposition from playing so if we don't have a decent ref on Tuesday, a red card from frustration for one of our players has to be on the cards....

Stoke scored twice by pressing hard up field.

Forest simply had to wait for the Stoke unforced errors of which there were at least 30. In truth, they only made the balls ups in Stoke's area count- a more ruthless side would have run up a cricket score.

Another lethargic outing like today will cost us heavily. No forecast because this is Rovers- play like drains and we lose, play to our potential and we win. No idea how motivated we will be.

Mowbray needs to pick an XI with real desire to win.

Edited by philipl

• K-Hod pinned this topic

Im not even going to bother trying to figure out who plays up top, but it is bewildering and frustrating that TM himself has no idea who his best players are. What exactly does Gallagher show in training that allows him to start ahead of Graham? Or is TM blind and cant see how there is a huge gulf in class between the two strikers?

At the back however we have to start playing 3 CB and 2 wingbacks every game. That is abundantly clear to me. Tosin hopefully steps up. We need 3 strong CBs heading out balls and doing the basics. If we have to rely on Bennett to cover we will go nowhere, he missed his man for thr first goal vs Luton and is just hopeless in those situations.

There are good things in both Travis and Jonhsons game, but no need for both to be starting. We need someone to push up and create chances.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mr. E said:

Im not even going to bother trying to figure out who plays up top, but it is bewildering and frustrating that TM himself has no idea who his best players are. What exactly does Gallagher show in training that allows him to start ahead of Graham? Or is TM blind and cant see how there is a huge gulf in class between the two strikers?

At the back however we have to start playing 3 CB and 2 wingbacks every game. That is abundantly clear to me. Tosin hopefully steps up. We need 3 strong CBs heading out balls and doing the basics. If we have to rely on Bennett to cover we will go nowhere, he missed his man for thr first goal vs Luton and is just hopeless in those situations.

There are good things in both Travis and Jonhsons game, but no need for both to be starting. We need someone to push up and create chances.

Agree on fhe three at the back but we are somewhat hamstrung there as we only have 3 cbs.  Feels like its been 10 years i have been asking to strenghthen at the back.  

Can we please start investing money there instead of buying strikers to play on the wings? 

2 hours ago, Mr. E said:

At the back however we have to start playing 3 CB and 2 wingbacks every game. That is abundantly clear to me. Tosin hopefully steps up. We need 3 strong CBs heading out balls and doing the basics. 

We don’t have the players for 3 at the back. Any team playing like that need CBs who have plenty of pace and are very comfortable on the ball technically...we don’t have them.

Trsvis and Johnson is ok together, today travis showed he can get forward 

11 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Back to back home defeats and the pressure is on. TM can't afford to bottle this. DG has to start. Rothwell as well.

Definitely need to change things but will Mowbray that's the question. Need to play like the first ten mins of yesterday over a longer period if that's possible 

Having seen their highlights from the Stoke game I'm expecting to concede at least one here, if not two, I'll go 2-2, bit more of an open game and I think we could score a few - but got a feeling the Luton result will kick off a blip in the defence.

56 minutes ago, Gary C said:

Definitely need to change things but will Mowbray that's the question. Need to play like the first ten mins of yesterday over a longer period if that's possible 

The way we played in the first ten minutes WAS the reason we lost the game. The way we played for the first ten directly lead to us conceding the first goal, they had caught us twice on the break before they scored and the way we played for the opening ten was suicide.

Infact, the way we played opening ten should've been the way we played in the closing ten!

We always have a positive first 10 minutes before regression in the remaining 35 minutes.

Mowbray's 'game plan' is to try and catch the opposition out early doors before they can settle down. On rare occasions it works e.g. Leeds last season but more often than not it doesn't. We then fail to sustain it and quickly run out of ideas as the opposition settle down and deal with our 'threats' with relative ease. Hence we usually go in at half time with 0 goals.

Yesterday we went one further and threw more at Luton partly because they are a poor side but also because Mowbray had more confidence in our chances of getting goals against them. It didn't work because they got to grips with us and could cope quite easily with it whilst picking us off on the counter.

No plan b in terms of getting the ball forward quickly or punishing them on set pieces.

I won't bother trying to predict which 11 will get to wear the shirt. I think it's pretty obvious there will be changes, maybe quite a few, maybe another change of playing formation also. Anybody know when we last played the same 11 for two consecutive games ?

As somebody else said Forest will come fancying their chances so maybe it'll be a more open game. We've no idea how to break down teams that " park the bus " but we do better against teams who come to play.

I wonder how many of the 1,500 or so extra fans that turned up yesterday will be there.

Take out that 15 min debacle at WBA, the other four games we have scored in first we have won, and all four games we have lost we have conceded first.

We seem to be a very different side when we get in front, the likes of Cunningham, Downing, Johnson have definitely improved us in seeing games out, we just have very few ideas of how to get back into games when we go behind.

No idea how this game will go, the only thing for certain is that there will be changes.

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

The way we played in the first ten minutes WAS the reason we lost the game. The way we played for the first ten directly lead to us conceding the first goal, they had caught us twice on the break before they scored and the way we played for the opening ten was suicide.

Infact, the way we played opening ten should've been the way we played in the closing ten!

Well I would rather watch entertaining football. What's your suggestion to how we should play. 

1 hour ago, Gary C said:

Well I would rather watch entertaining football. What's your suggestion to how we should play. 

I don't care how we play I care about results. This stupid "play it around the back" and using the keeper for every attack is pointless and doesn't lead to results.

Winning > style for me.

1 minute ago, philipl said:

Not predicting a result but it won't end 11 v 11

No you're right there Phil. Nearest to that for me is Rovers 5 - Arsenal 5 back in the old days. Now that was well worth my one shilling and sixpence entrance. 7.5 p in modern money to the youth of today.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

From the weekend I would replace one of the centre halves with Tosin. That is nailed on, othwise expect to concede the same goals again and again.

Then I would swap Johnson for Holtby, Armstrong for Rothwell and Gallagher for Graham. 

Although I wouldn't be disappointed if we started 3 at the back as per @Fraserkirky team above.

• Like 1