BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Just now, Hasta said:

From the weekend I would replace one of the centre halves with Tosin. That is nailed on, othwise expect to concede the same goals again and again.

Then I would swap Johnson for Holtby, Armstrong for Rothwell and Gallagher for Graham. 

Although I wouldn't be disappointed if we started 3 at the back as per @Fraserkirky team above.

Williams seems to have discovered a goal threat recently so maybe he deserves not to be dropped. I'd be loathe to split the centre backs up but we desperately need some heading ability at the back. I'm not a fan of three at the back because if you're not careful you can have three players marking one striker and the rest of the team getting over run in midfield. 

Over to you Tony.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Williams seems to have discovered a goal threat recently so maybe he deserves not to be dropped. I'd be loathe to split the centre backs up but we desperately need some heading ability at the back. I'm not a fan of three at the back because if you're not careful you can have three players marking one striker and the rest of the team getting over run in midfield. 

Over to you Tony.

Lenihan and Williams have had a good run but that Aerial weakness costs us so many points. That's twp defeats at home already due to Lenihan not getting his head on a cross he should be doing. "Defenders are coming" and we ended up with Tosin. Mowbray must have believed he was better than what we had so let's see.  

I just had a nosey on a Forest forum about Tuesdays game. One poster, after watching the Luton highlights, seems to think we are susceptible to crosses and headers and says that's a plus point of their game. Well if he has spotted that, I'm fairly sure the forest coaching staff have too.

I would go Williams / Tosin.

I am worried that Lenihan will have to start as he has 'resale value'.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

After that dismal result on the weekend we need a moral boosting result against one of the form teams Nottingham Forest.  We have had a decent recent record against Forest both home and away, but they have started the reason in good shape and if honest this could be a tough one.  Perhaps Holtby to start, Samuel still very lightweight and rusty, but it was great to see him back.  Bouncebackability!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I think it’s time for Tosin over Lenihan. Who else agrees ?

Nope.

He looks a right arse. I've never seen such an attitude in pre-match warm up. He basically walked the whole thing with the most obvious sulk on his face before the Luton game. No effort, and clearly got a bad attitude. Was sat there astonished. He was lapped in the pre-match running by the entire team.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Nope.

He looks a right arse. I've never seen such an attitude in pre-match warm up. He basically walked the whole thing with the most obvious sulk on his face before the Luton game. No effort, and clearly got a bad attitude. Was sat there astonished. He was lapped in the pre-match running by the entire team.

That doesn't mean he won't put it in if he plays to try and prove a point.  He'll be thinking why did they chase me for so long and shell out a million pound loan fee for a season if i'm not getting a sniff.

A few reasons for that right and wrong but you can understand it from his point of view although no excuse for not being serious about the warm ups.  Something a young player has to learn, someone goes over just before kick off or goes back in the dressing room and spews up and he's in, then he's putting himself at risk from not warming up properly.

Yet again though it's down to the coaches to get on his case or report it to the manager who then bollocks him or sulks himself and ignores him even more.

When all is said and done the onus last summer should've been to sign a good centre half to replace Mulgrew and then a good back up to cover Lenihen and Williams, it's as simple as that really we've been being undone by the same type of goes constantly.

38 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I wouldn't read too much into it, he needs to get used to the "intensity" of this team apparently.

They must have some serious training sessions because the way we approach games it often looks like that's where they've emptied the tanks.

40 minutes ago, Amo said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Chapman Travis Holtby Rothwell

Dack

Graham

I'll take "teams Mowbray will never pick" for $200, Alex.

Whilst I would love to see him back in the team I can't see Chapman starting tomorrow or even on the bench. His performance for the U23's yesterday was poor and marred by a number of cynical fouls by the Derby defence which left him bruised and battered (not sure what he had done or said to deserve that kind of treatment, one tackle in particular was an obvious foul that went unpunished).

Not sure where Chapman's career at Rovers is going!

Having said that I thought Nyambe had a really good game for the U23's and deserves to be back in the first team.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Amo said:

Walton

Nyambe Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Chapman Travis Holtby Rothwell

Dack

Graham

I'll take "teams Mowbray will never pick" for $200, Alex.

That's certainly our strongest XI to my mind as well.

Absolutely zero chance of TM selecting it though sadly!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

That doesn't mean he won't put it in if he plays to try and prove a point.  He'll be thinking why did they chase me for so long and shell out a million pound loan fee for a season if i'm not getting a sniff.

I know, but for me, he was the only player who wasn't trying. For the money they get I hate it when footballers don't put effort in. He looked liked he's rather have been anywhere other than the pitch. Just not for me at all that. Maybe he doesn't get in the team because of said work ethic.