BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Both were SERIOUSLY poor vs Derby 23's yesterday so...

Don't really care what they do in the U23's, it's how they play for the first team that matters.

I'd wager a few of our current XI would flatter to deceive in a nothing U23 game too. Chapman and Nyambe might also be growing disillusioned with being constantly overlooked for the manager's pets.

Edited by Amo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Bet they are well motivated eh?  Nyambe must watch that useless git Bennett and wonder what the feck is going on 

If you can't motivate yourself as a football, perform when you're given chances and shape yourself with the wage your on, the problem isn't the club management its you as a player. Chapman has had some proper shockers for the 23's. 

Just now, JoeH said:

If you can't motivate yourself as a football, perform when you're given chances and shape yourself with the wage your on, the problem isn't the club management its you as a player. Chapman has had some proper shockers for the 23's. 

Then you don’t understand the human mind. It’s a job to them.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I understand the human mind to the same extent you do. For me, a player who doesn't give his all in any circumstance is clearly going to struggle to get chances. You have to show drive, that's on them, not the club. How does TM know if Harry Chapman is better than player B or player C, if in the games he's playing he's been awful?

Not particularly excited about a return to a back 3. I don’t think we’ve got the wing backs tbh. Cunningham looks more comfortable as a left back and Bennett isn’t a good enough outlet down that side. The other worry is that it’ll just encourage more of what we saw Saturday, lots of ball and no incision.

To open teams up you’ve gotta have players who can run in behind and between players or commit a man with a dribble.

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Don't really care what they do in the U23's, it's how they play for the first team that matters.

I'd wager a few of our current XI would flatter to deceive in a nothing U23 game too. Chapman and Nyambe might also be growing disillusioned with being constantly overlooked for the manager's pets.

Danny Graham at Accrington showed that a proper pro takes every opportunity to fight for his place. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

And a very competitive one where the majority of them will not have long or successful careers. The ones who do will be the exceptions who are able to motivate themselves to perform when things aren’t going their way. Sulking is a choice, not an inevitable outcome of the decisions of others.

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Sadly that's how a lot of them roll that's why a managers job is so difficult and imo why they should rule firm but fair from the get go take no shit whatsoever.  I don't think that's the case either with some managers it's just a wage to them.

Look at Mowbrays comments in the Bennett article regarding training etc it's easy to see why he's big on the pecking order in the dressing room but that just like only signing nice lads has its drawbacks.  Once they get their name on a several year thousands of pounds per week contract owt can happen, they are on too much doh at most clubs in the top 2 divisions now that's the root of it all.

No wonder the likes of Souness would never get back into the game he'd knock the living shite out of a few of them within the first few weeks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Sadly that's how a lot of them roll that's why a managers job is so difficult and imo why they should rule firm but fair from the get go take no shit whatsoever.  I don't think that's the case either with some managers it's just a wage to them.

Look at Mowbrays comments in the Bennett article regarding training etc it's easy to see why he's big on the pecking order in the dressing room but that just like only signing nice lads has its drawbacks.  Once they get their name on a several year thousands of pounds per week contract owt can happen, they are on too much doh at most clubs in the top 2 divisions now that's the root of it all.

No wonder the likes of Souness would never get back into the game he'd knock the living shite out of a few of them within the first few weeks.

I was reading an article by a guy who came up through the ranks at Utd recently. He was asked who the best player was in his time there. He said the one who could have been anything he wanted to be was Ravel Morrison. This lad reckoned he could have been right up there with Messi and Ronaldo but for his attitude.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoeH said:

exactly. You are right on Chapman. He needs to look how Danny Graham performed for the under 23's against Stanley. His performance was excellent. Mowbray has told him public why he not playing. 

Chapman needs to get his head down and perform in the games and have the right attitude. 

Is Downing injured?

For me I would just give 442 a go, let Dack play as a proper striker.

---------------------------Walton

Bennett-----Lenihan---Williams---Cunningham

--Rothwell----Travis----Holtby----Downing

----------------------Dack-----Graham

Subs : Leut, Tosin, Nyambe, Johnson, Chapman, Armstrong, Gallagher 

Thats a decent team. Decent bench too

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

Is Downing injured?

For me I would just give 442 a go, let Dack play as a proper striker.

---------------------------Walton

Bennett-----Lenihan---Williams---Cunningham

--Rothwell----Travis----Holtby----Downing

----------------------Dack-----Graham

Subs : Leut, Tosin, Nyambe, Johnson, Chapman, Armstrong, Gallagher 

Thats a decent team. Decent bench too

Any back 4 with Del and Bennett in it is open to goals against a decent team like Forest. I expect a loss tonight, lolley and grabban to score

The way I see it, we operated like this against Luton - with Dack effectively playing as striker.

Option3.thumb.png.ff69f67ed87dc4ae99f60adc69530e9e.png 

This system leaves the midfield compact, with Travis and Johnson getting no freedom to move forward, and the defensive/midfield lines of the opposition just bunching together creating a lack of pace. 

For me BD has to drop back and play in midfield, and create the space in one of two ways. Either with DG like this:

Option1.thumb.png.5b8288e90e8a6a5b238a1917e1e89bc3.png

Or with SG like this:

Option2.thumb.png.e6d383b343a1248facf1bc46f85a60ae.png

My team

Walton

Tosin Lenihan Williams

Holtby      Travis

Bennett         Rothwell            Downing 

Dack        Graham

Bennett and downing to do with back role.

Just a thought 

• Like 1

My real fear going into this game is how we will react to the result from Saturday. If the players are feeling sorry for themselves then it could be a long night. It's games like this when a good manager shows his real value.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

The way I see it, we operated like this against Luton - with Dack effectively playing as striker.

Option3.thumb.png.ff69f67ed87dc4ae99f60adc69530e9e.png 

This system leaves the midfield compact, with Travis and Johnson getting no freedom to move forward, and the defensive/midfield lines of the opposition just bunching together creating a lack of pace. 

For me BD has to drop back and play in midfield, and create the space in one of two ways. Either with DG like this:

Option1.thumb.png.5b8288e90e8a6a5b238a1917e1e89bc3.png

Or with SG like this:

Option2.thumb.png.e6d383b343a1248facf1bc46f85a60ae.png

If Downing is on the right wing, Armstrong on the left, Gallagher considered for a start and Rothwell and Holtby left out again then no minor tactical alterations will solve the problem IMO.

24 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I think I would be more concerned about the amount of rainfall forecast today, 2 weeks worth of rainfall in a few hours? Can Ewood Parks pitch handle it? I remember a good few years ago Wimbledon game had to be postponed due to the deluge!

I remember that. Everyone was in the ground it was called off quite late and the Wimbledon players came out on to the pitch diving all over it to a chorus of boos

- - - - - - - - - - Walton - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - Tosin - Lenihan - Williams - - - - -

Bennett - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cunningham

- - - - Holtby - - Travis - - Rothwell - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - Dack - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - Graham - - - - - - - - - - -

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If Downing is on the right wing, Armstrong on the left, Gallagher considered for a start and Rothwell and Holtby left out again then no minor tactical alterations will solve the problem IMO.

I agree, I'm just being realistic to what TM will end up going with.

Just now, superniko said:

- - - - - - - - - - Walton - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - Tosin - Lenihan - Williams - - - - -

Bennett - - - - - - - - - - - - - Cunningham

- - - - Holtby - - Travis - - Rothwell - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - - Dack - - - - - - - - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - - Graham - - - - - - - - - - -

*chef's kiss*

• Like 1

Formation's don't matter - if Mowbray can't get the players in the right frame of mind and they aren't up for it, we'll lose. Steve Bruce said as much after Newcastle's crushing defeat by Leicester.

It wouldn't be unusual of Rovers though to win this after Saturday's debacle. 

I'm feeling gloomy though. 1-1 at best

• Like 2

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Did we not win playing the same way against Reading away?