Nottingham Forest Home

2 hours ago, Yonder12 said:

My team

Walton

Tosin Lenihan Williams

Holtby      Travis

Bennett         Rothwell            Downing 

Dack        Graham

Bennett and downing to do with back role.

Just a thought 

Yep just get Travis, Dack, Holtby, Rothwell in the starting 11 somehow.

On 28/09/2019 at 12:01, philipl said:

Thankfully not much time to dwell on that abysmal performance against Luton. I missed the last 35 minutes when my feed dropped and I will miss all of this because I will be flying Tuesday night.

Forest next up who have the benefit of having played and won at Stoke Friday night to take top slot for 16 hours.

They are no great shakes but no weak links either. Nothing exceptional apart from being the dirtiest team I have seen in ages. The niggling fouls come thick and fast stopping the opposition from playing so if we don't have a decent ref on Tuesday, a red card from frustration for one of our players has to be on the cards....

Stoke scored twice by pressing hard up field.

Forest simply had to wait for the Stoke unforced errors of which there were at least 30. In truth, they only made the balls ups in Stoke's area count- a more ruthless side would have run up a cricket score.

Another lethargic outing like today will cost us heavily. No forecast because this is Rovers- play like drains and we lose, play to our potential and we win. No idea how motivated we will be.

Mowbray needs to pick an XI with real desire to win.

Mowbary needs to exhibit a real desire to win himself.

On 28/09/2019 at 14:02, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Back to back home defeats and the pressure is on. TM can't afford to bottle this. DG has to start. Rothwell as well.

Agree but not happening.  Armstrong and now Samuel ahead of the poor lad in Mowbary world.

On 29/09/2019 at 10:22, Hasta said:

From the weekend I would replace one of the centre halves with Tosin. That is nailed on, othwise expect to concede the same goals again and again.

Then I would swap Johnson for Holtby, Armstrong for Rothwell and Gallagher for Graham

Although I wouldn't be disappointed if we started 3 at the back as per @Fraserkirky team above.

This, agree 100% never going to happen though.  I think he replaces Armstrong with Samuel and then the rest are the same as Saturday.

On 29/09/2019 at 10:38, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Williams seems to have discovered a goal threat recently so maybe he deserves not to be dropped. I'd be loathe to split the centre backs up but we desperately need some heading ability at the back. I'm not a fan of three at the back because if you're not careful you can have three players marking one striker and the rest of the team getting over run in midfield. 

Over to you Tony.

I think we HAVE heading ability we just don't.seem able to track, mark and or challenge for the headers against the danger men.  Both headed goals on Saturday looked pretty free to me.  Why is there never anyone even putting off their dangermen in the box.

22 hours ago, Amo said:

Don't really care what they do in the U23's, it's how they play for the first team that matters.

I'd wager a few of our current XI would flatter to deceive in a nothing U23 game too. Chapman and Nyambe might also be growing disillusioned with being constantly overlooked for the manager's pets.

Something I've been concerned about for sometime now.  Funny how Mowbary always seems to drop the young uns.  Bit like he doesn't have the gonads to tell the more senior players they were shit so he's dropping them.  Easier for him to tell the younger ones.  Pussy, bit like his defenders.

• Like 1

Just now, USABlue said:

Something I've been concerned about for sometime now.  Funny how Mowbary always seems to drop the young uns.  Bit like he doesn't have the gonads to tell the more senior players they were shit so he's dropping them.  Easier for him to tell the younger ones.  Pussy, bit like his defenders.

Well he dropped Graham Evans Smallwood . ..only leaves Downing Johnson and Bennett. Downing and Johnson will certainly be getting dropped at some point for Holtby im sure.

Walton

Nyambe   Tosin   Williams   Cunningham

Rothwell    Holtby    Travis    Downing

Dack

Graham

I’d go with that. 

I predict Mowbray will go with:

Walton

Tosin Lenihan  Williams Cunningham

Bennett       Travis    Downing

Dack

Gallagher                       Armstrong 

No discernible shape or style, and plenty of chopping and changing after about 12 minutes 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Walton

Nyambe   Tosin   Williams   Cunningham

Rothwell    Holtby    Travis    Downing

Dack

Graham

I’d go with that. 

I predict Mowbray will go with:

Walton

Tosin Lenihan  Williams Cunningham

Bennett       Travis    Downing

Dack

Gallagher                       Armstrong 

No discernible shape or style, and plenty of chopping and changing after about 12 minutes 

It really annoys me when Mowbray plays a wing-back on one side and then a full-back and winger on the other. Downing goes missing when the team plays like this, Bennett's crosses still aren't good enough to justify him being the lone wide-man on the right and the team naturally becomes unbalanced.

Edited by iSeeRed
  • Like 1

Just now, iSeeRed said:

It really annoys me when Mowbray plays a wing-back on one side and then a full-back and winger on the other. Downing goes missing when the team plays like this, Bennett's crosses still aren't good enough to justify him being the lone wide-man on the right and the team naturally becomes unbalanced.

I think being unbalanced has been a big issue for a long time. Laughable reading his comments about how he likes his wide players to do their bit defensively in the telegraph today - Armstrong offers nothing defensively. Tough job being a full back in this side.

• Like 2

Just now, Miller11 said:

I think being unbalanced has been a big issue for a long time. Laughable reading his comments about how he likes his wide players to do their bit defensively in the telegraph today - Armstrong offers nothing defensively. Tough job being a full back in this side.

I've ranted about Bennett in the past but I think now it was a bit unfair. Mowbray really has a problem with wingers and that can negatively effect the full-backs.

• Like 1

Just now, iSeeRed said:

I've ranted about Bennett in the past but I think now it was a bit unfair. Mowbray really has a problem with wingers and that can negatively effect the full-backs.

I actually think Bennett on the wing in front of Nyambe would be decent, though I’d prefer Rothwell there

• Like 1

On 28/09/2019 at 18:01, philipl said:

I missed the last 35 minutes when my feed dropped and I will miss all of this because I will be flying Tuesday night.

Oh, very nice. I’ve been trying for my licence for a few years but seem to have trouble getting the joystick to go all the way back. Salmesbury won’t know what’s hit them when I eventually get it.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Oh, very nice. I’ve been trying for my licence for a few years but seem to have trouble getting the joystick to go all the way back. Salmesbury won’t know what’s hit them when I eventually get it.

Gulp!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

Has Samlesbury still got a runway?

• Like 1

I think we’ll win tonight. That would sum up this league perfectly, we go and lose to one of the worst teams in the league and then we go and beat one of the better ones. 

Team news is anyone’s guess but I expect recalls for Graham, Rothwell and Tosin. I also expect a return to three at the back which is TM’s preferred formation. 

Edited by rovers11

Rovers are so very unpredictable. I thought they would beat Luton comfortably and well they were frankly abysmal bar first ten minutes. Which I've been slated for as I said I'd love that intensity for 90 mins if possible. Anyhow I'd take a draw from tonight but it Forest come and play proper football we might Nick it. Looking forward to the game now just how the weather holds up

Favoured team:

Walton

Tosin  Williams Nyambe

Holtby       Travis   Rothwell   Downing

Dack

Graham

Likely Team:

Bennett

Bennett    Bennett    Bennett    Bennett

Bennett    Bennett     Bennett     Bennett

Bennett   Bennett

• Like 1

Just now, AAK said:

Favoured team:

Walton

Tosin  Williams Nyambe

Holtby       Travis   Rothwell   Downing

Dack

Graham

Likely Team:

Bennett

Bennett    Bennett    Bennett    Bennett

Bennett    Bennett     Bennett     Bennett

Bennett   Bennett

Think you are missing one from  first eleven perhaps it's Bennett!

• Like 1