BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Just now, Tugay-is-God said:

Think this is primed for Rothwell and Holtby on in the second half.

Get a bit of quality on to break down this defense.

Indeed. We need some life, a spark, something that could possibly even produce a shot on target.

We've shown at least something down the left, Armstrong has been bright, but that’s pretty much it. Nothing down the right with Bennett and Gallagher.

• Backroom

Dack comfortably the worst player on the pitch that half he looked drunk! Trav not won anything today after having a brill game at weekend.

Arma looks good until he has to do something with it, Gallagher just looks confused and can’t say I’ve noticed Graham 

A disjointed half with little positive to say.

• Like 2

Just now, Amo said:

Most managers sign players to play in a system. We sign strikers to play as wingers, and sign wingers to never play.

The Gallagher experiment out wide simply has to stop. It’s not just silly, it’s fecking ridiculous. How someone with Mowbray’s experience thinks he does a good job out there I just don’t know. He wouldn’t know a winger if it bit him on the arse.

• Like 2

Half Time view:

Poor game really, I think we’ve been the better side. Forest just looking to counter. A few half chances but we’re not very entertaining (what’s Tony’s new style of play?)

- Sam Gallagher is not a winger, a wasted shirt in the 11 and does not deserve his place

- Armstrong is getting a lot of the ball, but has no end product which halts all our creativity. He’s got in a lot of 1 on 1 situations but isn’t skinning the defender. Mowbray be screaming at him to take advantage of that  

- Dack has been poor, giving the ball away more than normal 

- Cunningham has been good, big part of the reason Armstrong is seeing so much of the ball. 

- I think Downing has been fairly solid in the middle too

- Nobody in the team can cross a ball. 

Rothwell for Gallagher 

I’d leave Armstrong on for a bit and just get him to beat that full back when he has no cover

Just so frustrating to watch, really struggle to see what Gallagher must do in training to look like he has any ability to play out wide. Dack has been shocking too. Whilst I don’t miss his woeful defending I think we are missing some of Mulgrews set plays!

Like others have said, Gallagher has been completely ineffectual out wide, though it would surprise me to see TM making the obvious change with Rothwell coming on. Fairly even game despite us dominating possession.  Sow has been good for Forest, Travis not been great, needs to pick up his game second half.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Poor stuff from Rovers - totally uninspiring. Where is a goal coming from? .

I can see Forest nicking a goal circa 75th min and that will be it

I capitulated and got a ST late on.  Been to 2 games so far and been bored through out.  Couldn't be bothered tonight - watching on sky.  Piss poor fare.