BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

I felt that our passing tonight was as poor as it's been for a long time. We constantly under hit or misplaced passes which was infuriating. The tempo was ridiculously slow until Holtby and Rothwell came on and in that period we could have scored a couple. For all his effort I thought Travis was poor in possession overall and seemed to want an eternity. He gave far too much room to the Forest player who equalised. I'd like to see Dacks stats for tonight. Most of the time I looked for him he was static. Gallagher was really poor and looks anything but a big money player.

I don't understand why Mowbray left it so late to make the changes. It was crying out for something different but in his cautious manner seemed reluctant to try something different.

It's been a hugely disappointing few days with one point from two home games where the performances were generally mediocre.

My take on the game and ratings...

Walton - 5 Better or equal to Raya.. Really?

Bennett - 6 always try hard not his fault hes Tony favourite, hes not a RB enough said.

Lenihan - 7 solid

William's - 7 solid

Cunningham - 8 a few minor mistakes but I really like him, whips a good ball in too! 

Travis - 7 industrial as ever and intent on moving forward 

Downing - 8.5 I actually thought he was really really good today, probably my MoM

Armstrong - 7.5 had better of their RB has so much speed and potential but terrible decision making 

Dack - 7 mixed game, but has ability to create a moment of magic 

Gallagher - 4 sorry the guy us not good enough, agile as a brick and the touch of an elephant 

Graham - 6.5 you know what youre getting with him 

Subs: 

Holtby 6.5 flashes of quality but not enough time 

Rothwell 7.5 always make things happen, really like him

Samuel - 6 better than Gallagher 

Overall think we were decent but just wish Tony would operate a meritocracy not a mate-ocrasy with Bennett and Gallagher the two weak links in our team 

Gallagher on the wing is pathetic, shame on Mowbray for trying to shoehorn him in there

Thought Downing was good in cm

Rothwell should play on the left

Holtby I’d like to see starting I just don’t know where as he plays in dacks role. 

Lenihan is poor on the ball, we’ve gotta move the ball better out from the back now we’ve got good technical attackers. 

Graham’s lack of mobility is an issue, wish we hadn’t wasted so much much money on strikers who don’t score or play in their correct position 

• Like 2

Just now, Darwen Rover 007 said:

My take on the game and ratings...

Walton - 5 Better or equal to Raya.. Really?

Bennett - 6 always try hard not his fault hes Tony favourite, hes not a RB enough said.

Lenihan - 7 solid

William's - 7 solid

Cunningham - 8 a few minor mistakes but I really like him, whips a good ball in too! 

Travis - 7 industrial as ever and intent on moving forward 

Downing - 8.5 I actually thought he was really really good today, probably my MoM

Armstrong - 7.5 had better of their RB has so much speed and potential but terrible decision making 

Dack - 7 mixed game, but has ability to create a moment of magic 

Gallagher - 4 sorry the guy us not good enough, agile as a brick and the touch of an elephant 

Graham - 6.5 you know what youre getting with him 

Subs: 

Holtby 6.5 flashes of quality but not enough time 

Rothwell 7.5 always make things happen, really like him

Samuel - 6 better than Gallagher 

Overall think we were decent but just wish Tony would operate a meritocracy not a mate-ocrasy with Bennett and Gallagher the two weak links in our team 

If ten mins of desire in the second half from Dack, and one good ball gets you a 7 then fair enough. He was blowing out his arse the whole game and did the square root of F all in first half in particular. Not good enough.

Edited by Fraserkirky
  • Like 1

Another turgid, boring, stodgy Rovers performance under a manager who hasnt the foggiest what his best team is, and whose inconsistent side creates precious few clear cut chances on its descend into what I suspect will be a season of mediocrity and frustration.

Sam Gallagher is absolute shite, and another example of big money poured down the drain. Choosing him wide over various alternatives suggested that Mowbray was desperate to get his big money signing into the team, again, totally unwarranted. With Graham having minimal impact too, albeit he is not given the same run of games as Gallagher, it seems inevitable that we will be up shit creek once Graham dips below the standard needed with Gallagher, Brereton and now the returning Samuel all woefully short.

The team didnt know what it wanted to do IMO, especially first half. All this bollocks about playing entertaining, passing football has fallen by the wayside, we dont have an identity, we just look confused and lethargic. We have undoubtedly got talented players amidst our ranks but inconsistent selection and tactical confusion seems to be hindering them.

Rothwell and Holtby made a big impact when they came on and they have to start games. Mowbray was saying how much he rates Rothwell and how he would have started the last 2 games, if thats the case why is he sub behind Gallagher tonight? Him left, Armstrong right gave us much more balance. Armstrong was better tonight, still can do more but looked much more lively and took his goal well after initially seeming to be a little indecisive. Holtby is a bundle of energy and so much better than most on the ball.

Walton had nothing to do but lacks urgency and got nowhere near a cross early on, getting very lucky. The 2 centre backs were fine although were often guilty of some terrible distribution, as was Bennett. Cunningham was the pick of the back line, a very accomplished left back.

Travis I thought was pretty poor, often negative and wasteful on the ball, Downing was very economical and a marked improvement on Johnson in there.

• Like 1

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Another turgid, boring, stodgy Rovers performance under a manager who hasnt the foggiest what his best team is, and whose inconsistent side creates precious few clear cut chances on its descend into what I suspect will be a season of mediocrity and frustration.

Sam Gallagher is absolute shite, and another example of big money poured down the drain. Choosing him wide over various alternatives suggested that Mowbray was desperate to get his big money signing into the team, again, totally unwarranted. With Graham having minimal impact too, albeit he is not given the same run of games as Gallagher, it seems inevitable that we will be up shit creek once Graham dips below the standard needed with Gallagher, Brereton and now the returning Samuel all woefully short.

The team didnt know what it wanted to do IMO, especially first half. All this bollocks about playing entertaining, passing football has fallen by the wayside, we dont have an identity, we just look confused and lethargic. We have undoubtedly got talented players amidst our ranks but inconsistent selection and tactical confusion seems to be hindering them.

Rothwell and Holtby made a big impact when they came on and they have to start games. Mowbray was saying how much he rates Rothwell and how he would have started the last 2 games, if thats the case why is he sub behind Gallagher tonight? Him left, Armstrong right gave us much more balance. Armstrong was better tonight, still can do more but looked much more lively and took his goal well after initially seeming to be a little indecisive. Holtby is a bundle of energy and so much better than most on the ball.

Walton had nothing to do but lacks urgency and got nowhere near a cross early on, getting very lucky. The 2 centre backs were fine although were often guilty of some terrible distribution, as was Bennett. Cunningham was the pick of the back line, a very accomplished left back.

Travis I thought was pretty poor, often negative and wasteful on the ball, Downing was very economical and a marked improvement on Johnson in there.

Exactly the reason why he won't be dropped anytime soon. So frustrating. Especially when we have such class on the bench.

• Like 1

For me watching tonight. We all know who needs to start. Surely Mowbray & all his staff can see it. I'm 80% sure we won't see this at the start of the next game. That for me is the sign for a new manager. If he makes the changes sooner than we think then fair play. From what we've seen from borinf Tont I just can't see it happening.

56 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

For the second game in a row, we have seen a robbery at ewood park. No idea how Luton took three points off us and no idea how Forest have gone away with a point. Completely dominated both games. 

Really promising signs but frustrating not to win that one. The progress we’ve made in keeping the ball and dominating teams is really starting to show. 

Honestly? 

We barely create  a chance of any note. Play around with it in non dangerous areas , the ball doesn’t get to Dack or Graham early enough making us easy to play against . Two game where visiting keepers have had cigars on for 90 minutes.

the manager is a total Neanderthal . He has no idea how to set the team up .

Gallagher looks a shadow of even the player he was when last here but playing wide right is a total embarrassment and killing the lad . 

Our players individually are as good as most in this division yet because we have a clueless manager we will bounce around in mid table . A proper manager would get out squad in the top 6 .

ive just had enough of this boring clown . 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

If only we had a top class striker, we’d then be very firm favourites for a top 6 slot. Gallagher doesn’t look the answer on any level. I’d even move Samuel ahead of him. 

Most championship sides would expect to have if they’d spent £12 million . Mowbray has just wasted it.

also anyone like to know when Tosin will get a game for the £1million loan Dee we supposedly paid? Mowbray won’t be dropping Lenihan or Williams any time soon yet I thought Tosin was supposed to be wonder  kid who had to play under the agreement with Citeh ?

After a fair run of games, whilst this will split opinion, I think raya is a better keeper than Walton.

i could give a long evaluation of the game but it’s been covered in depth so I’m just going to use one word to sum the Tonight up, tony and his tactics/player selection and how I feel the whole of this season and last felt/will be

TEDIOUS

• Like 3

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

After a fair run of games, whilst this will split opinion, I think raya is a better keeper than Walton.

i could give a long evaluation of the game but it’s been covered in depth so I’m just going to use one word to sum the Tonight up, tony and his tactics/player selection and how I feel the whole of this season and last felt/will be

TEDIOUS

They are both shyte, so.....

Good performance by the players and was positive reaction following Saturday poor performance. Passing was quickly and better than Saturday, but final ball let us down 1st half but 2nd half we improved on that. Plenty of positives for me tonight. 

Armstrong was very good on either wing today. 

Thought the midfield partnership of Travis and Downing worked really well and outplayed the Notts Forest midfield players. Gallagher wasted out wide today. Rothwell influence the game when he came on and Holtby and Samuel made impact when they came on for Graham and Dack. 

On Rovers goal, Dack played a lovely pass to Armstrong who reacted well to his blocked cross and finish. 

On Forest goal. Rovers should know better not to allow Lolley to shoot from there, He has been deadly from there for last 2 years. 

We kept Grabban quiet all night so that's a positive cos I felt he would cause us to big problems tonight but didnt

Disappointed not to win the game tonight but a good point against an quality Forest team. Would have taken a point before the 2 back to back home games cos I expected 3 points against Luton. So disappointed with just 1 point from these 2 home games. 

• Like 2

Mowbray still has enough goodwill and the fear of a replacement to buy himself time with the fans.

But we know Venkys occasionally have a hair trigger. Depends on where their ambitions lie. Who knows? I doubt they even know themselves. If they want to bob around in the Championship for a few years and waste millions on goal-shy strikers, then Tony's the man! 

Edited by Amo
  • Like 1

I thought a draw was a fair result.  First half was a non-event with neither goalkeeper having anything to do.  Second half was better and we improved once Rothwell, Holtby and Samuel came on.  Perhaps it's time to give Dack a rest because he really isn't contributing much at present - I thought Holtby did far more in the short time he was on.  Likewise Rothwell and Samuel increased the pace at which we were playing. I thought Downing was excellent throughout but Travis went back in his shell tonight and his distribution was poor.

Gallagher continues to disappoint and looks no better than Brereton in terms of a goal threat.  Fortunately, Armstrong had a better game so we at least had some threat up front.

I would hope Rothwell, Holtby and Samuel get a start on Saturday for what promises to be another difficult game.  I think tonight showed, like the game at West Brom, that there is very little between teams in this League this season.  At the moment there isn't a team who one could say will definitely be in the top two at the end of the season let alone the top six.

• Like 4

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Good performance by the players and was positive reaction following Saturday poor performance. Passing was quickly and better than Saturday, but final ball let us down 1st half but 2nd half we improved on that. Plenty of positives for me tonight. 

Armstrong was very good on either wing today. 

Thought the midfield partnership of Travis and Downing worked really well and outplayed the Notts Forest midfield players. Gallagher wasted out wide today. Rothwell influence the game when he came on and Holtby and Samuel made impact when they came on for Graham and Dack. 

On Rovers goal, Dack played a lovely pass to Armstrong who reacted well to his blocked cross and finish. 

On Forest goal. Rovers should know better not to allow Lolley to shoot from there, He has been deadly from there for last 2 years. 

We kept Grabban quiet all night so that's a positive cos I felt he would cause us to big problems tonight but didnt

Disappointed not to win the game tonight but a good point against an quality Forest team. Would have taken a point before the 2 back to back home games cos I expected 3 points against Luton. So disappointed with just 1 point from these 2 home games. 

Good performance? Was you not bored shitless in that first half? Did we really create many clear cut chances? Would you agree that the starting 11 was wrong? 

You mention that youd play Travis, Downing, Armstrong, Dack and Rothwell and a striker. Which striker baring in mind Gallaghers continued ghastly displays? Holtby has to play for me.

With Graham seemingly on the decline and Gallagher and Samuel well below the standard needed, id go Holtby, Dack and Rothwell behind Armstrong on Saturday.

• Like 3