BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Another thing: we really need new supporter ‘anthems’. Are there really no creative minds left any more?

As soon as we scored we had the ridiculous Burnley songs, straight out of the BBE mouths. As soon as we conceded - while still chanting about Burnley - even more Burnley-hating songs. 

We are absolutely obsessed - it’s embarrassing. Then the same folk say “back the lads”. I get that you want to generate some noise/passion but surely we can sing about Rovers and not that lot?

Natural consequence of them overtaking us.  

6 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Was anyone happy take a draw against the top team before the match?

Not at all. If you want to get into the mindset of a top 6 team, any dropped points at home are unwelcome.

Forest were there for the taking, they came set up defensively, Carvalho dropped for a slightly more conservative selection, and they were running the clock down at the end.

Especially after losing against Luton, and after taking the lead, yesterdays result was very frustrating.

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

Well it's all about opinions but we absolutely dominated the game in terms of possession and attempts at goal. Most threatening player on the pitch by miles was Armstrong. I am sure the Forest fans will be thinking they wished they had him in their squad. Their goal apart our defence looked very solid 

However equally our finishing was poor. Graham and Gallagher contributed nothing. If we had someone who could show the sort of form Gestede did 5 years ago we would be in a very good place.

What good chances did we create though? I dont think we did enough to win the game..

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont get where people thought the 1st half/60 mins were boring and turgid at all. 

But football is all about opinions tho

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Have to agree on this. While we lacked a cutting edge the quality on show is miles better than any point for years. Our passing was really slick. But I enjoy watching good passing and possession football.

We didn't create anything, and the passing was far from slick, it was safe, it was lacking urgency, it often ended in a direct and inaccurate ball, it was not progressive or penetrative, the first half in particular was horrible to watch IMO and it was a typical Mowbray first half performance at Ewood. Stodgy, lethargic and regressive. 

We dont have an identity and Mowbray hasnt got a clue what his strongest team is, neither is good for consistency.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Another thing: we really need new supporter ‘anthems’. Are there really no creative minds left any more?

As soon as we scored we had the ridiculous Burnley songs, straight out of the BBE mouths. As soon as we conceded - while still chanting about Burnley - even more Burnley-hating songs. 

We are absolutely obsessed - it’s embarrassing. Then the same folk say “back the lads”. I get that you want to generate some noise/passion but surely we can sing about Rovers and not that lot?

The songs when we had our season in league 1 were about us, that's because we were winning games. This season and last season not so much, hence the songs are more the anti Burnley ones. In my opinion.

• Like 1

Sadly I echo the comment about the atmosphere. Was completely dead from the minute the players came out of the tunnel. I'm sure the Luton result added to that but it just doesn't help when the stadium is so low in general. Shame because its not really an issue that can be fixed, its just natural.

Worth pointing out that Burnley, from their lofty heights, are as obsessed with us as ever

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray hasnt got a clue what his strongest team is,

This.

He more or less confirms it in his "work in progress" bullshit interview.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Gallagher wants the ball to feet and run on to. 

He had the ball at his feet four times in the first half. Every time he ran with the ball to the edge of the box, tried to cut inside and lost it. Four fucking times. Clearly got no footballing brain. He was an absolute travesty. Every single Forest attack in the 1st half was a direct result of SG giving the ball away!

12 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Shame because its not really an issue that can be fixed, its just natural.

It is an issue that can be improved if not fixed. Crowds and atmospheres at Ewood are awful, but it doesn't help when on the nice days with a couple of thousand extra on we put in crap displays and get beat. It doesn't help when the club is advertising the ability to watch the game at home online for £10 rather than pay £20+ to come to Ewood in the cold.

Decreasing numbers are not natural, its alarming and a failing of management especially when virtually everyone else has seen an increase in crowds.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JoeH said:

He had the ball at his feet four times in the first half. Every time he ran with the ball to the edge of the box, tried to cut inside and lost it. Four fucking times. Clearly got no footballing brain. He was an absolute travesty. Every single Forest attack in the 1st half was a direct result of SG giving the ball away!

He's the sort of player that runs after the ball and not with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stuart said:

100%. Away games there is far more songs about us. I made up a few and have got them going away from home, but at Ewood nobody will join in. Couple of example songs I came up with;

To the tune of - The Four Seasons (oh what a night)

Late in May 1995
Redknapp scored but the Mancs still cried
I remember what a night, oh what a night
Oh what a night, oh what a night,
1,2,3,4,5 repeat

simple but a great little song

Then a longer one to the tune of only fools and horses

He puts his tactics in his pocket
Venus is his right hand man
Cause if you want the best uns and you dont ask questions
then Tony he's your man
Cause where it call comes from is a mystery
He gets Dacky for a bargain, Lewis Holtby on a free
But heres the one that's driving me to smile
It's soldiers and it's artists that's just Tonys style
tra la la la la

To the allez allez allez tune:

We've conquered all of England
95 we didn't stop
From the north to the South
We won the fooking lot
Jack Walker and King Kenny
And shearers golden balls
Super atko in the middle
Timmy flowers in the goals
allez allez allez

We've conquered all of England
95 we didn't stop
From the north to the South
We won the fooking lot
But now it's all changed
But we are all still here
Cause we are loyal supporters
and we come from Lancashire
allez allez allez

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

It is an issue that can be improved if not fixed. Crowds and atmospheres at Ewood are awful, but it doesn't help when on the nice days with a couple of thousand extra on we put in crap displays and get beat. It doesn't help when the club is advertising the ability to watch the game at home online for £10 rather than pay £20+ to come to Ewood in the cold.

Decreasing numbers are not natural, its alarming and a failing of management especially when virtually everyone else has seen an increase in crowds.

How many times during the past couple of years have you come off Ewood post match thinking 'that was a bloody good game, I really enjoyed that' ?

It's a pilgrimage at the moment for the die hards IMO, casuals need to feel they've been entertained and had value for money or they won't be back in a hurry.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, bigbrandjohn said:

Was anyone happy take a draw against the top team before the match?

I'm more surprised to see that Forest actually topped the table at some point recently. They were average at best.

Like others have said, the wrong mentality entirely to accept a draw at home against anyone, if we have any real ambitions.

This probably ties in with the lack of character thread that's going on.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

The pace of Lolley's shot beat Walton plus I think he was unsighted for split second by Lenihan. 

I think we are much better side by our short passing. 

Armstrong and Downing best 2 players last night for me

He was completely unmarked on the edge of the area and had enough time to take two touches.  That is pish poor after scoring.

• Like 1

I'd love to see a stat about how many times we gave the ball away last night. I kept thinking about the intense passing game that Mowbray spoke about in the summer. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I thought we were poor last night. The only glimmer of hope was when we played with a bit of pace primarily from Holtby, Rothwell and Samuel. The three players they replaced were by far our worst on the night.

Hopefully Mowbray will have taken note of this and it influences his selection on Saturday.

Ok guys, last 2 games at home we have had plenty of possession at home.

What is that is lacking? Is it the poor balls into the box? Not enough players running into box when crosses pumped in?

Let's face it, we dont have any injuries at the moment so effectively we have been fielding a pretty strong side (bar rothwell).

For me I think dack is being marked closely and we lack creativity from any other players. I think holtby could be the answer. He has a calmness about him, great vision and passing. Holtby next to travis or Holtby instead of dack.

What about Gallagher and Graham both upfront in a 442?

Edited by tugayislegend

Just now, tugayislegend said:

Ok guys, last 2 games at home we have had plenty of possession at home.

What is that is lacking? Is it the poor balls into the box? Not enough players running into box when crosses pumped in?

Let's face it, we dont have any injuries at the moment so effectively we have been fielding a pretty strong side (bar rothwell).

For me I think dack is being marked closely and we lack creativity from any other players. I think holtby could be the answer. He has a calmness about him, great vision and passing. Holtby next to travis or Holtby instead of dack.

What about Gallagher and Graham both upfront in a 442?

If you're being closely marked you've got to get on your bike and take your marker into places he doesn't want to go. Just wandering around looking sad won't do it. If we are to play two up front I'd rather have Armstrong and Graham.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Dack is the only natural goalscorer in the entire first eleven. None of the others regularly contribute. The closest we have after Dack is Armstrong who is extremely inconsistent when it comes to performances and goals. Graham is no longer a regular starter and is now rusty from lack of game time so can't count him. 

Our style of play is pretty stodgy and insipid as well which doesn't exactly lend itself to scoring goals. It's not often you see Rovers score more than two, especially in this division. 

Just now, DE. said:

Dack is the only natural goalscorer in the entire first eleven. None of the others regularly contribute. The closest we have after Dack is Armstrong who is extremely inconsistent when it comes to performances and goals. Graham is no longer a regular starter and is now rusty from lack of game time so can't count him. 

Our style of play is pretty stodgy and insipid as well which doesn't exactly lend itself to scoring goals. It's not often you see Rovers score more than two, especially in this division. 

I was just looking at the records the other day. When did a Rovers player last score a hat trick ? In the 1963-64 season Fred Pickering score 3 hat tricks and Andy McEvoy scored 5 including 4 goals twice !  How things have changed !

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

We didn't create anything, and the passing was far from slick, it was safe, it was lacking urgency, it often ended in a direct and inaccurate ball, it was not progressive or penetrative, the first half in particular was horrible to watch IMO and it was a typical Mowbray first half performance at Ewood. Stodgy, lethargic and regressive. 

We dont have an identity and Mowbray hasnt got a clue what his strongest team is, neither is good for consistency.

we don't have an identity? really? we are playing much more of passing game which the stats backed this view up compare to last season. We are playing less long balls now which I believe is right.

Dack had 3 chances to shoot and he miss the target every time. He should have done better with the volley from the right hand side of the box. 

Armstrong gave their right back a torrid time. 

1st half was horrible to watch? really? must have watched a very different game to me 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

running with the ball isn't his game but he prefer to run onto the ball from a through ball. Armstrong tried a through ball to him but it was just a yard or 2 ahead of him

Just now, arbitro said:

I'd love to see a stat about how many times we gave the ball away last night. I kept thinking about the intense passing game that Mowbray spoke about in the summer. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I thought we were poor last night. The only glimmer of hope was when we played with a bit of pace primarily from Holtby, Rothwell and Samuel. The three players they replaced were by far our worst on the night.

Hopefully Mowbray will have taken note of this and it influences his selection on Saturday.

Our Passing accuracy was 84% last night overall with a passing accuracy of 71% in the Opponent half. I posted these stats last night

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just looking at the records the other day. When did a Rovers player last score a hat trick ? In the 1963-64 season Fred Pickering score 3 hat tricks and Andy McEvoy scored 5 including 4 goals twice !  How things have changed !

Danny Graham got one last season, before that I imagine it must have been Rhodes.