BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nottingham Forest Home

Just now, The1mattjansen said:

It seems that everyone forgets that he's also the man that put the squad together.

If he's to take the sole responsibility for the £12m on the two misfiring forwards then he must surely also take the credit for the best squad we've had in a good few years.

Yes done well to bring in some good players. However he's not f***king using them to their quality! People need to stop sucking mowbrays ass. Gallagher has cost us 5million. No way on earth is he going to get dropped anytime soon. Same with Downing who I do rate. Our team needs to be built around Dack. Holtby & Rothwell beside are the exact people we need. Next game needs to see that.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

I think we played very very well. Should have won. Forest rarely had any of the game. Armstrong, much maligned on here, was excellent. Bennett had a good game, as did Travis and Downing.

To be honest I think Tony is doing a good job outside of the striker purchases which were mental.

Everyone's banging on about Rothwell (who I like) but Armstrong had a much better game.

Edited by joey_big_nose

We can’t continue only playing football for the last 10-20 mins.

We have a gem of a footballer who can only get a bench spot at best, and strikers who don’t score - or even look like scoring.

Our goal was well worked but ultimately fortunate. Forest’s was a great strike

#WDL

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Gallagher and Graham will surely be dropped for Holtby and Rothwell next week. Superb last 15 mins but in all in vain. We really need a win at QPR to set the tone for the season. Time to step up.

The slip up against Luton still hurts. Holtby is quality and Rothwell has it. Think Dack was Poor today along with Gally and Graham.

Whose playing up front then if you’re dropping both?

Just now, Mashed Potatoes said:

Can't see the relevance of "Jack". The point is that even the best managers have bad runs 

I don't know how old you are, or how long you have watched the club, or where you are from. The point I make is we have a becalmed manager and rank owners. That is so far fetched from Kenny losing three in a row. TM will not win the PL if City employed him tomorrow. That's my point.

• Backroom

Unless Mowbray finds the courage to let this team off the leash we're stuck in mid-table purgatory until Venky's lose patience and the whole thing collapses again. Much like under Bowyer we have assembled a squad that can compete at the top six, but we probably don't have a manager with the attributes to deliver it. It's a shame because Mowbray has done a lot of good here, but he's going to need to completely change his mindset to deliver success beyond finishing mid-table every season. 

• Like 8

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

I don't know how old you are, or how long you have watched the club, or where you are from. The point I make is we have a becalmed manager and rank owners. That is so far fetched from Kenny losing three in a row. TM will not win the PL if City employed him tomorrow. That's my point.

Attended my first game in October 1965. Don't disagree with you about the owners who are clueless. I was trying to introduce some sense of proportion - it is part of the modern football culture that people over react to what has happened in the last few days. Had similar people been around when Kenny was going through that terrible run, who knows what nonsense would have been spouted ?

Attended my first game in October 1965. Don't disagree with you about the owners who are clueless. I was trying to introduce some sense of proportion - it is part of the modern football culture that people over react to what has happened in the last few days. Had similar people been around when Kenny was going through that terrible run, who knows what nonsense would have been spouted ?

Then I bow to your longevity. I just think TM will not take us any further, Owners who have no idea, and no future other than more of the same. The crowd base shrinks. It's heartbreaking.

Big difference. We had sound foundations then.

• Like 1

Such is the quality on offer at Ewood, I completely forgot till half-time we were playing. Cautious team selection is beyond a joke, there was half a quality team -Toisin, Holtby, Cunningham and Rothwell - sat on the bench watching lesser players toiling in mostly unfamiliar positions. 

Get them on the pitch in a 3-5-2 till Xmas and see what happens.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

Big difference. We had sound foundations then.

Agreed that the club was a 1000% better run then; the problem I have with some of the criticism of Mowbray is that implicit is that his successor will be a better manager. There is no evidence in the last 9 years to suggest that that is likely. I also think that the "best" manager for the club is the one who works best with the current owners and I cannot think of who that would be - hence I prefer to support Mowbray despite some legitimate concerns

• Like 3

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

Then I bow to your longevity. I just think TM will not take us any further, Owners who have no idea, and no future other than more of the same. The crowd base shrinks. It's heartbreaking.

I live down South so you have probably been to a lot more games than me. Like you I have doubts about TM but per my post above think we should stick

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

Such is the quality on offer at Ewood, I completely forgot till half-time we were playing. Cautious team selection is beyond a joke, there was half a quality team -Toisin, Holtby, Cunningham and Rothwell - sat on the bench watching lesser players toiling in mostly unfamiliar positions. 

Cunningham played the whole game.

11 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Given that it was Mowbray who signed Chapman why do you think he has a down on him ?

I don't know, did Mowbary sign Samuel too?  I think, personally Chapman is.far.too adventurous, skillfull, moves forward with pace,  beats players, js creative, exciting, you know all those things Mowbary doesn't like.  Now if he can just learn to go sideways and backwards he'd be into something.  Young Travis is getting the message.

To be fair though I thought we played OK today.  Same ol same ol score then concede but we looked very good last 10 minutes.  Unless Gally was knackered I would like to have seen him stay on rather than Samuel. .We got some tasty balls in late in and it confused me.  Put on a great.crosser in Holtby and remove your two best forwards for heading.  I would like to have seen either DG or SG than Samuel but that's silly ol me.

One point out of six at home not gonna get us rocketing up this league though is it.  It's just so bloody annoying, just a little focus, concentration, DEFENDING doing the basics and it could have been 6 we just over and over and over keep dropping points from lapses, a recurring theme with this manager.

Edited by USABlue

Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

I really wish TM would "go for it", and play what could be a very attractive team. He might see fans like me trap up. I read on here and am active in following our team, but have lost the heart as many others have. I loved to sing and chant. The lack of atmosphere is disheartening.

Just now, DE. said:

Unless Mowbray finds the courage to let this team off the leash we're stuck in mid-table purgatory until Venky's lose patience and the whole thing collapses again. Much like under Bowyer we have assembled a squad that can compete at the top six, but we probably don't have a manager with the attributes to deliver it. It's a shame because Mowbray has done a lot of good here, but he's going to need to completely change his mindset to deliver success beyond finishing mid-table every season. 

Even if we had a better manager, due to Mowbray we don’t have a decent enough striker to trouble the top 6. Graham is really looking on the way out now...and as for the rest.