BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

22 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

£38 to visit the dump that is the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium (Loftus Road to proper fans)

And people wonder why attendances are falling. 

I actually think it's a proper atmospheric ground surrounded by houses on three sides with an almost retro feel to it. The view from the away upper tier is on of the best in the league. When I compare it to some of these soulless edifices it is one of the most enjoyable grounds to visit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I actually think it's a proper atmospheric ground surrounded by houses on three sides with an almost retro feel to it. The view from the away upper tier is on of the best in the league. When I compare it to some of these soulless edifices it is one of the most enjoyable grounds to visit.

Have to disagree on that I suppose. It's a glorified shed to me, with restricted view from the away end - because of the steep angle of the stand you have to lean forward to see the goal.

Fans are generally OK though. Unlike Millwall, you don't feel threatened there. 

4 hours ago, Amo said:

Walton

Nyambe - Lenihan - Williams - Cunningham 

Travis - Holtby

Rothwell - Dack - Armstrong

Graham

Subs: Leutwiler, Bennett, Tosin, Johnson, Chapman, Downing, Gallagher

A team worth paying to watch but...

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Very harsh to drop Downing.

Personally I’d drop Arma for him.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Was there that Tuesday night in April 95. First time we sang Champions. Had a pint with Peter White before the game.

Edited by MCMC1875
  • Like 1

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis   Downing

Armstrong    Dack    Rothwell

Graham

Subs:- Luetwiler Nyambe Tosin Johnson Holtby Gallagher Samuel

Edited by chaddyrovers

Armstrong

Rothwell     Dack     Holtby

Downing Travis

Cunningham  Lenihan  Williams  Bennett

Walton

I would like to see an extended run of games with that line up. There is no way he will drop Armstrong after the Forest game.

However knowing TM, he will tell us all QPR are a 'fantastic footballing side, who use it well on the grass' and we will play Johnson/Evans. 

His line on Holtby not knowing English football in his post match presentation was baffling, so I also don't expect him to start.

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Walton

Bennett Lenihan Williams Cunningham

Travis Downing

Holtby Dack Rothwell

Armstrong

Subs: Leutwiler, Adarabioyo, Nyambe, Evans, Johnson, Chapman, Graham

Not quite sure thats where I would play Holtby or Armstrong ideally, but for me thats our best bet.

Not disagreeing but in the world Rovers live in financially with FFP / annual losses of £15-20 million , spending £12million in last 12 months on 2 strikers who can’t make your best 18 should be a managerial hanging offence .

• Like 2

Just now, TBTF said:

Not disagreeing but in the world Rovers live in financially with FFP / annual losses of £15-20 million , spending £12million in last 12 months on 2 strikers who can’t make your best 18 should be a managerial hanging offence .

Except if it's influenced from upstairs he might have a free pass on that for now.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

I'd like to see Holtby alongside Travis. This seems to be the most popular choice on here. 442 please:

Walton

Nyambe - Lenihan - Williams - Cunninham

Rothwell - Travis - Holtby - Downing

Dack - Armstrong

Me too, but the real Travis.  If Trav is going to play like Evans then Holtby and Johnson for the little extra steel and goal threat Johnson can bring.  Travis playing his natural game then yes, Trav and Holtby.  I really like Holtby from what I have seen but want to see how he does over 90 mins.  Good through balls for AA to run on to.  Good crosses for SG or DG.  Sounds ok to me.  Could bare fruit.  Maybe.

3 hours ago, Trinidad Rover said:

His line on Holtby not knowing English football in his post match presentation was baffling, so I also don't expect him to start.

When did he say that? Didn't catch that part. 

If true, that is an incredible statement, Holtby was hands down the best player on the park when he came on Tuesday night. Will be first name on the teamsheet fairly soon. 

I think we need to start Armstrong up top for a change, and start keeping the bloody ball on the deck for a change. He is very frustrating at times, but he is absolutely rapid, and the long ball to Gally and Graham just isn't working.

With Dack, Rothwell and Holtby the three attacking midfielders. Downing the deep lying playmaker, and Travis the ball winner. That is a very good front 6, and should be aiming for top 6.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TBTF said:

There’s an easy answer to that.

Competition for places should be huge. If Graham is having an “Indian Season” then it could be argued that it’s down to having two new strikers breathing down his neck. Those who want to replace him now have to up their game. Benching Graham to play Gallagher et al is cutting of your nose and making the rest of the team play with one hand behind their back at present.

Also, Brereton and Samuel are too good for the U23s but not ready for the first team. Nuttall was sold on for that. Had it not been for the money spent Brereton would have suffered a similar fate - at least on loan. Forest well and truly pulled our pants down. Some very poor scouting went on there.

Can't drop Downing after his display midweek. 

Walton
Bennett Tosin Lenihan Williams Cunningham
                    Travis     Downing
        Rothwell                            Holtby
                            Dack

Just now, JoeH said:

Can't drop Downing after his display midweek. 

Walton
Bennett Tosin Lenihan Williams Cunningham
                    Travis     Downing
        Rothwell                            Holtby
                            Dack

That's a pretty sad line up considering we have spent £15m on strikers over the past 12 months and not one of them gets a look in!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

That's a pretty sad line up considering we have spent £15m on strikers over the past 12 months and not one of them gets a look in!

Yup, and to me, none of them are good enough at this current time. It's really sad mate.